Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanatiz3 View Post

Though HP announced that their products won't be released until the summer months (which is a huge bummer with all the hype HP's CEO made) its a start. Yes the iPhone5 may come out in July, but, we are close to having the upper-hand.

"Now even the Apple command is under siege. We are hitting it from the north, east, south and west. We chase them here and they chase us there. But at the end we are the people who are laying siege to them. And it is not them who are besieging us."
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Well, I'm jazzed about it all except the wait. It gives the competition too much time.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  3.    #83  
    Yea i remember saying 6 months from now we'll have apps. i even bet a friend $100 dollars 1 year from now the pre will beat the iphone! needless to say i lost lol
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    well that made my mind up, ill be staying with my evo until a higher end android device hits on sprint.

so long webos!
    These are exactly my thoughts and it is not necessarily just the form factors. It is mainly the announcing a product then the waiting. This is not a wise decision in this age of technology apple has set the standard. Peoples attention spans grow shorter and shorter. There will be something new and shiny by the "Summer" and most likely will match or beat the Pre3 especially since competition now knows exactly what they have to do and the best part is they don't have to do it all just enough to keep plugging along with their much higher marketshare..
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The amazing thing to me is how nothing has changed. HP still hasn't shipped a product. Developers still don't care. The 5 webOS faithful are still saying things will get better. It's like Groundhog Day around here.
    lol thats why i even bothered to post anything, just got ****ed off how its been years later and nothing has changed, i come to the same website writing about 2 new apps this month which suck balls lol
    The funny thing is anything anti-webOS is met with their comments of how we're all like android sheep and blah blah blah. The Apologist 5 are worse than most of their Apple kin.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The amazing thing to me is how nothing has changed. HP still hasn't shipped a product. Developers still don't care. The 5 webOS faithful are still saying things will get better. It's like Groundhog Day around here.
    If everyone is so upset and leaving for Android phones, why waste time posting here on P|C when you are more than welcome on the Android forums.
    im sad about all the indians who throw away their iPhones and now cannot call anymore till summer :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    well that made my mind up, ill be staying with my evo until a higher end android device hits on sprint.

so long webos!
    I think I may be on the EVO boat soon..
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    The funny thing is anything anti-webOS is met with their comments of how we're all like android sheep and blah blah blah. The Apologist 5 are worse than most of their Apple kin.
    That's what fascinates me. I never knew it was possible to simultaneously have inferiority AND superiority complexes.
    Because maybe we're open enough to appreciate the good points in multiple profucts, OS's and such unlike some of the apologists around here. I still own my Pre, but it's been relegated to a wifi device because it just can't hang as a business device. But I keep it because I like webOS and want to see it progress and get better. Unfortunately it's been relatively stagnant for a long time and seems like it will remain that way. We post here because we are frustrated. We expected more out of HP. We expected them to live up to the hype they created for this event, and it was pretty much a non event.

And this is an open forum for open discussion. I didn't see a sign that said check negative thoughts and comments at the door because this is about the delusional love we have for all that is Palm and HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    If everyone is so upset, why waste time posting here on P|C when you are more than welcome on the Android forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    If everyone is so upset and leaving for Android phones, why waste time posting here on P|C when you are more than welcome on the Android forums.
    I think it is just frustration.. Some of us had high hopes that HP would save WebOS and launch 3-4 different phone types and a tablet. The integration looks great between the tablet and phone.. but if you are not enamored with the phone's form factor then it's a big letdown....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    And are somehow slower from announcement to market than Palm.

You could say the same about Microsoft. That, in and of itself, is not enough.

Which is great for people looking to buy a phone AND a tablet at the same time. Not that huge a demographic, I think.

With the lower-resolution display, inferior pixel density, vaguely defined content store from the manufacturer, and unknown price, carrier, and release date? Apple stock must be dropping.

We'll see. They said nothing about it today.
    As far as market announcement

Microsoft doesn't have WebOS!

I'm thinking of buying a tablet. You? hmmm. Anyone else? Though I agree many are not going to buy both together, in the near future though many of us will own a tablet. And like most upgrade our phones to a new one when able. So I say if I could get a phone and tablet that was not only made by the same company (like Apple) but could also talk to each other ill be more inept to buy that brand (HP).

Never said anything bad about Apple. Actually I think i gave them some really good credit. As for HP stock it might go up. Apple's may stay the same. It the fact that WebOS is now owned by a company with more than just phones.

As for you ripping on my post, thanks. I'm actually looking forward to a Pre3 and a touchpad. Now its up to HP to continue on this path and continue to impress its customers with products like these with better release dates.
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    The TouchPad seems nice, but a lot of the features I'd buy it for require the Pre3 (or Veer). With the Pre3 not having 4G, it's certainly not remotely future-proof, and I will not put down my money for a phone I see being outdated within 6 months from release.

I think a lot of people will feel this way, and so the developers will not come in droves like HP needs them to, further hindering growth of webOS.

Ugh. I really wanted HP to come with something amazing today, but I'm still left feeling concerned for the future of webOS. I love my Pre, but I was hoping to be reassured that when it came time to upgrade to a more powerful device, webOS would have me covered.
    And wow...the veer has a slightly smaller screen and is narrower than the pixi. It has a smaller non removable battery and a slightly better processor with no gyroscope. And same limited 8gb of ram. Wow. That just sucks as a successor to an already underwhelming phone that could've been so much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    why do they even bother to release Veer? it's unbelievable who is the brain behind all this. And I really wish they stayed away from the pre form factor. It was pretty cool 2 years ago, but they really need some major resigning.
    I blame Jon. It's just a phone he made for himself.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    omg, these release-dates....it can't be, it just can't be!!!

On the phone side, both are great phones!

However, none of them can compete with what iPhone users love on their iPhones.

=> We need a SLATE webOS device released in june/july to compete the iPhone5.

On the tablet side, I love it. But i want it NOW and I better hope, the iPad2 will not go much ahead in terms of anything hardware-side.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    You know..... you might not like apple, but at least when they release something it's what people want.

I have to say that without a decent phone, their pad is going to sink like a rock. People need a device with basic hardware functionality and then big toys, like the pads.

I have been waiting for well over a year for a new phone. You know... the phone that everyone, but HP, wants. I knew they were going to screw us on this announcement and said as much on a post.

I have hanged on and on for web os and what do the dimwits at HP do? They release a slightly larger hockey puck. They have to be the most obtuse bunch ever.

They just hanged themselves.

Can someone please make a skin for android, which fixes their os, just a little?

In case no one looked, it appears that they might not be releasing a Sprint version.

As far as storage, 8GB and 16GB models will be available, and the device will support HSPA+ 4G (AT&T, T-Mobile) as well as Wi-Fi connections. No LTE support was mentioned at this time. The device will be available this summer, but no pricing was announced.
    Funny that people complain that the tablet is just an iPad with WebOS but also complain that HP didn't announce an iPhone with WebOS.

I'd love to have a Veer. I hate big phones but I'd love the option smartphone functions in a reasonable sized phone. So to each his own.

I hope that they'll eventually get around to a slab phone for those who want one. But to me the only real fail in this announcement is availability. I suppose they can't afford to wait another few months for an "available now!" announcement, but they'd right now they're treading water. They'd better get paddling if they want to make headway.
    Quote Originally Posted by map70 View Post
    I think I may be on the EVO boat soon..
    dont be sad about it. the evo is great with tons of support, apps and roms. i love webos but this might be the last straw for me. first the sprint dissapoinment now this.