Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Two portrait sliders. One made for midgets. The pixi was slender and tall. Now it's a short squat chunk with no immediate access keyboard. The allure was it's slim candybar styling and treo form factor, not "Honey, I shrunk the Pre."

And it's all great and wonderful some of you are hapy with a 3.6" screen. Many are not. There's still a pretty big bezel on that phone that can be filled with screen. The only joke here was the prehugging post. I didn't knock the tablet, but I want t match the OS on my phone and tablet so with the lackluster phone hardware the tablet won't even be considered. I like webOS. I was hoping for goo things, but nothing presented excited me at all.

<<removed deleted quote>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 02:24 PM.
    I certainly think that more will become available. I also feel HP has shown that they are ready to get things moving with webOS, they will be releasing 3 devices in the near future.

I would like these products sooner, but I am happy that I can confidently stay with my webOS device... sign me up for a Pre 3 and tablet please!
  3.    #43  
    the definition of fail is having the same 5% or lower marketshare, not growing, and going bankrupt. They are fail at everything not just design style, they failed at having the whole platform grow.

the reason i didn't get another phone with a different form factor is because i liked webos and still do, but now its getting old and would of prefered something different.

Of course the ipad didn't have apps from day one, but they have developers who would make apps. WebOS has no developers and the tablet will be just as doomed as the phones with years later and no apps.

And that was one of the reasons why i got palm, i said i can wait for apps, multitasking between my txt msgs and email wasnt the deciding factor lol.

What should they do about apps? how about stop charing developers 30% your not ****in apple or android, you are a little peice of turd in the toilet. Maybe if you don't charge anything then maybe developers might give you a second look, if anything charge lower to bring them to your platform. It's not rocket science.
    I don't think this was a fail but I'm not sure that they turned many heads with what they showed today. Personally I really like the Pre3. Its exactly what I wanted with the larger screen and real keyboard. Plus its a world phone which is great. I only wish it was coming out in the spring and not the summer which could be August for all we know. The time frames on these devices is really bad. It reminds me of the 6 months it took to get the original Pre out after the announcement at CES. A lot of devices will be coming out before these are available that will have amazing specs.

I think the Veer will turn out to be a real disaster for them. They should have focused on offering a 4" slab phone for the crowd that likes VK's. Having the choice between that and the Pre3 would really be a good thing.
    hp did alright in my books. For the ones who think everything is a 'fail' and you aren't happy, well go please. Go get your slab device you desperately need. No one cares.

is it questionable about the release date? Sure. But hey I'm not paid to make those decisions. They are. As lon as the products are marketed properly they'll have success
    Buck up guys, they coulda Kyocera'd you all. Looks like you got some neat new toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    For now.
    I didn't want to have to wait until the end of the year for a webos slab phone... (if they even release one by then)

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    People seem to forget that this was basically a Tablet event. Also do not forget that we are supposed to get 6 devices this year, we have 3 so far, with another tablet coming later so that leaves 2 more phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    People seem to forget that this was basically a Tablet event. Also do not forget that we are supposed to get 6 devices this year, we have 3 so far, with another tablet coming later so that leaves 2 more phones.
    If they can't deliver knockoffs of the Pre for several months, how long do you think it'll take them to deliver new form factors? 2012? Just in time for the end times?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Ok. if it is a tablet event then at least release the tablet.
    Somebody's fartin' around!
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    If they can't deliver knockoffs of the Pre for several months, how long do you think it'll take them to deliver new form factors? 2012? Just in time for the end times?
    lmfaoooooo +1
    I've converted most of my customers to the adjustable. I'm on my 3rd phone with the same holder. Send me a PM and I'll hook you up with a discount.
    PM
    My only big complaint about the Pre3 would be that I'd have to get a new ProClip mount for my car since it's wider than the existing Pre.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    and no it wasn't a tablet event it was a general HP event about new products, they just focused on the tablet because everything else sucked and is 2 years old.

The tablet is doomed, because the ipad2 with front facing camera will be out and guess who's getting the press coverage then, the ipad, again fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Umm..its been two years. If not now, when? My 4yr old has enough sense to know that a slab phone is needed yesterday.
    I can't read Rubinstein's mind, so I have no idea. But if you want to go on a hunger strike outside of Palm HQ until he tells you when they're going to introduce a "me-too" product to blend in with the rest of the Android ***** compensators, go right ahead.
  15.    #55  
    ohh yea just in HP to expand webos to pc products.

Nice, a crippled OS with no programs vs. Microsoft the giant, even apple can't beat microsoft at the pc game, biggest reason again apps.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Dissapointed. Wanted awesome phone news. Did not get that. I think I am going to android soon. Plus, concerned Verizon is going to continue to cripple GPS, can't stand that.
    At least the Echo was an attempt at innovation, regardless if it's a failure or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    Buck up guys, they coulda Kyocera'd you all. Looks like you got some neat new toys.
  18.    #58  
    the reason why HP bought webos and palm in the first place was to try to pull of an apple. But thats what happens when you copy others and don't innovate you get massive fail.
    I can't read Rubinstein's mind, so I have no idea. But if you want to go on a hunger strike outside of Palm HQ until he tells you when they're going to introduce a "me-too" product to blend in with the rest of the Android ***** compensators, go right ahead.
    Dude, its not a "me too" form factor. Besides are we really that worried about "me-too" at this point considering the Touchpad's design? It's what every company is selling. It's the most popular form factor out there. Why wouldn't you want HP to do this?

Think small or big or whatever. But think about what people actually want.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There will be more phones, in more formats, I'm sure. You'll get your slab, etc. I think it was actually smart of them to first release one where there is an existing gap (small slider). Yeah, I know the kin died miserably, but I think it is a good solution for those carrying a tablet.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast