Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    And <<deleted by mod>> do what? I was actually excited about this day, especially after Sprint's Echo debacle. What a waste.

I want a 4" screen. I want a card slot. Since they won't do that, I want 32gb on board.. If I'm paying sprint $10 more per month I want 4g. I want a dual core processor. Everything in the Pre 3 I already have in my Epic or Shift. If I don't have it, it's an incremental upgrade at best. And that's now. Come summer, those specs are midgrade at best.

I also wanted a more robust Pixi, not a phone made for my 7yr old niece. Seriously, two vertical sliders with no slate or treo style?

I don't care how good the tablet might be. I want continuity between my phone and tablet. I'll stick with my Epic and rooted Nook Color. Even retired my backup Pre for the Evo shift. The newest version of docs to go is just sweet with syncing capability to my laptop and to google docs. Highly doubt that'll be there in Open Office when they finally do editing.

Still like the OS, but HP did nothing to move their hardware forward. Rubes, while coming off top notch, just disappointed.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: language
  2.    #22  
    Listen the Pre 3 is fine, if there were other types of form factors accompanying it. I personally prefer a horizontal slider, different people have different tastes, but offer something for everybody not just a pre.
    I like a vertical slider if it had a bigger screen, more storage and 4g. No, it's not fine.
    Veer is not that bad, and the Pre 3 is nice, only complaint is no 4G. The tablet is a beast.

Don't forget webOS doesn't need that big of a screen to get things done. I think 3.6" is perfect. Anything over 4" is just dumb. I'm sporting the Evo till these come out and hopefully for Sprint though 4G FTW.
    Last edited by nyczwillz; 02/09/2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Can't argue with that. Why release the veer? Teenagers with big hands like me would NOT like this "teen phone". Who is the phone directed towards anyway? The pre 3 looks like a slimmer pre 2. I'm so happy I'm not upgrading anytime soon. Now we have to wait another 2 years for another 2-3 phones
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    What does it come down to that? If you aren't interested in a slider phone, what option is HP actually providing? Absolutely zip. Now you can say "oh but I love slider phones" but a significant proportion of the market ain't interested.
    OMG! You mean I was holding onto hope for 2 years that Palm would do what they've said for TWO YEARS they don't plan on doing by releasing a phone without a keyboard and it was all for nothing?

God damn you Palm! How DARE you. How dare you lead me on all this tiem with your obvious reverse psychology of telling me you won't be making a phone without a keyboard to only then not make a phone without a keyboard.

Jesus Palm, how fail you are.

:roll:
  7.    #27  
    <<removed deleted quote>>

The biggest fail is its comming out in summer, by that time it won't be the best hardware anymore.

The second fail is people have different tastes, i don't want the same vertical slider and other palm owners don't want it too.

Who cares what hardware it has where are the apps??? *** do i want all that power for? for the great apps that don't exist who will never use that power?

It's like having a ferrari but you can't drive fast in it, you can only do 20mph. *** is the point?

as much as i hate the ipad's os which i own and like i said i hate the way it operates. I'd rather have the horrible ipad with 100 thousands apps gallore then the hp tablet with nothing.

Ohh i have a 20ghz 4sli nvidia 10000gtx 20gb memory computer, but i cant play any games or run any software on it. yea thats great not fail at all.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 02:23 PM.
    It would be interesting if the Iphone 5 is released on all carriers. Chaos would ensue.
    A 3.6" screen = bigger than iPhone. You don't have to open it to type if you don't want to, you can just use the virtual keyboard that is included with webOS 2.1. What I think all the fail chanters want is a phone that looks like everyone else's so they can say "hey look me too!" I personally don't want to carry a VCR as a cell phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    The second fail is people have different tastes, i don't want the same vertical slider and other palm owners don't want it too.
    Well, if you're on Sprint like many people here, just get that fancy new dual-screen phone. It's for people with different tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jay2 View Post
    What I think all the fail chanters want is a phone that looks like everyone else's so they can say "hey look me too!" I personally don't want to carry a VCR as a cell phone.
    Or maybe it's that not everyone wants a portrait-slider phone with a medium-sized screen... I'm sure that one form factor will appeal to a lot of people, but I'm disappointed that HP is only giving us ONE option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jay2 View Post
    I personally don't want to carry a VCR as a cell phone.
    My thoughts exactly. I love the size of my Pre 'minus'. It fits right in my hand, and also fits nicely in my jeans pocket.

Bigger isn't necessarily better. I don't want a tablet, or even a 'sub-tablet'.
    I want a compact smartphone, and the Pre fits the bill nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Well, if you're on Sprint like many people here, just get that fancy new dual-screen phone. It's for people with different tastes.
    I'd rather have the Pre3 over the Kyocera Echo! lol

I have nothing against the Pre3, it looks like a nice little powerful device. Just wish there were more form factors available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    On the flip side, the Pre3 gives you your power device. You've got the fastest clocked processor I've seen in a device yet. 3.6" puts you bigger than the iPhone and yet still in a range where you're not becoming this beheamoth device and thus still comfortably pocketable. One of the things that kept me from jumping to the Evo, even though the 3.1" screen of the Pre was not my favorite, was the size of the thing. I and others have said for some time, the 3.5" range is the sweet spot for pocketability and screen side.
    It also has an autofocus main camera that can do 720p video and a front facing camera for video conferencing - something that everyone and their pet dog kept insisting that a 'superphone' had to have. My only big complaint about the Pre3 would be that I'd have to get a new ProClip mount for my car since it's wider than the existing Pre.
    thre probably will be in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'd rather have the Pre3 over the Kyocera Echo! lol

I have nothing against the Pre3, it looks like a nice little powerful device. Just wish there were more form factors available.
    nobody has to get on board right now but HP is making the right move. the hardware delay is annoying, but it's almost not the point of the event. "What you saw today is just the beginning. A full commitment to develop the full potential of webOS, from small to big, from local to global." This is a very big tech company working to integrate an innovative OS across all platforms. Who else playing this mobile computing game can even do that at this stage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Or maybe it's that not everyone wants a portrait-slider phone with a medium-sized screen... I'm sure that one form factor will appeal to a lot of people, but I'm disappointed that HP is only giving us ONE option.
    For now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    For now.
    Umm..its been two years. If not now, when? My 4yr old has enough sense to know that a slab phone is needed yesterday.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    What happened to OMAP4?! TI is already talking about OMAP5 and nothing with 4 has even hit the market yet. I had dreams of something like Mozilla Labs Seabird with a projector and virtual keyboard. So much for dreams.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    nobody has to get on board right now but HP is making the right move. the hardware delay is annoying, but it's almost not the point of the event. "What you saw today is just the beginning. A full commitment to develop the full potential of webOS, from small to big, from local to global." This is a very big tech company working to integrate an innovative OS across all platforms. Who else playing this mobile computing game can even do that at this stage?
    The hardware IS the point of the event since that's the only way people can experience "integration of this innovative mobile OS". What you saw today was a lot of demos, mission statements, and hints....which is the point of teasers BEFORE an event like this.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast