Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wow...interesting. Is this possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    wow...interesting. Is this possible?
    If it can work on Meego, I don't see why it can't on webOS.
    Any devs want to give their input on the possibility?
    This would be huge, being able to run most/all android apps on webOS would complete my phone/gadget/tablet experience. I want to run the latest google maps bad! Please let this come to webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Sry, didn't realize this was being discussed here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...k-java-vm.html

This should probably be merged?
    That link doesn't work for me, so I'm guessing it's been deleted due to duplication?

So in any case..
    Nobody has stepped forward w.r.t. porting yet, so not sure where the interest level lies. Considering the Alien Dalvik project has done a considerable amount of work already, I'd suggest we checkin with them on their plans to port to webOS.
    Trying to think of what their Meego port entails.. using X11+Qt from the sounds of it, neither of which exist on any other major platform. Since it sounds like they plan to do further porting, they'd have to drop those pieces.

(I do wonder what their plans are.. sounds like RIM has similar plans, but is going to do it in house.. that only leaves iOS, webOS and WP7.. seems like Apple would block the app, but there maybe other possibilities..)

I for one would love to get the google nav and google voice apps, if nothing else!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    I wonder what their plans are now that Nokia abandoned Meego.

@sanaking, actually, X11 AND Qt are both available on the Pre via homebrew.
    Since Qt platform already runs on WebOS: Qt app platform up and running on Palm Pre | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    We can have Myriad run google apps on WebOS. I contacted Myriad to see if they would do it: Here is the link to contact them
    Contact Us
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I hope this happens so that I never have to hear about the app catalog holding back webOS again!
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I hope this happens so that I never have to hear about the app catalog holding back webOS again!
    If the app is Android - how much webOS experience would you get? Would Synergy work for example? Would the gestures work within apps? Would apps need virtual buttons?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    If the app is Android - how much webOS experience would you get? Would Synergy work for example? Would the gestures work within apps? Would apps need virtual buttons?
    No idea. Certainly some apps use Synergy. Contacts, facebook, email and the like and while I like it, I don't seem to need it on most of the other apps that I currently have.

As for the buttons, the N900 in the video seemed to use the same onscreen buttons as the Android phone.

I just like the idea mainly because I constantly hear people using the app catalog count as a reason to discount webOS.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Here's a hands-on video with Alien Dalvik running the android version of google maps: Myriad Alien Dalvik hands-on (video) -- Engadget
    Imagine with this app, one can run android google map on webOS, sweet
    wow...I just watched the video and that is pretty impressive. I think it would be a great tool for webOS as we could use Android to fill in any application holes (though the risk would be that it could discourage development in webOS).

I wonder if rather than doing this, HP/Palm could use some of these tools to create something that would convert android apps to webOS apps easily and quickly and give them a native webOS look.
    Maybe Palm should include built in support for Qt and Dalvik, will solve there webOS 3.0 problem with maps and emails
    BUMP
    Any new information about HP or Myriad developing Alien Dalvik for WebOS?
    Any good word?
    Zero.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Bummer
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I saw a post about this on the XDA Developers forums today.. thought i'd share..

Android Apps on webOS - xda-developers
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldog View Post
    I saw a post about this on the XDA Developers forums today.. thought i'd share..

Android Apps on webOS - xda-developers
    This is about openmobile's ACL - there're already threads about this here too, e.g. http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3281500
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast