Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I like my WebOS dual screen design way better..

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LCGuy; 02/09/2011 at 07:32 AM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Pathetic gimmick! Two screens, one out of date OS that will likely never be upgraded, zero third-party, optimized apps. This thing is so bad, even the Engadget readers have almost universally panned it. It doesn't even have the geek audience on its side.
    And people are dying for Sprint to be the showcase for WebOS. Yeah OK. David Blaine. Smoke and mirrors. If this is what Hesse's bright idea is he needs to go. Poor Sprint. A company that doesn't realize it's search shouldn't be for the next killer phone, but the next killer CEO.
    This needed to close with "Oh and by the way, we're going to let people who buy their own Verizon iPhones sign up for a plan to use them on our network." Just to shove another nail into their coffin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    This needed to close with "Oh and by the way, we're going to let people who buy their own Verizon iPhones sign up for a plan to use them on our network." Just to shove another nail into their coffin...
    For some reason, that just tickled me pink.

I'm giving out THANKS as if they were free.
    I have to say I am not at all impressed with the Kyocera showing. The phone is pretty ugly and the fact that they did not really show me why I would want dual screens on a phone didn't help. I thought that I could browse the web and watch a youtube video but that was shot down immediately. Also, not getting an update Android version makes me very nervous. Almost all of the manufacturers have been really bad at upgrading to the newst and greatest Android iteration. At least if I was to buy a new phone I would hope for the first few months to be the most update.

Also, I think Sprint is making a better and better case for me to finally move back to Verizon. They just seem to fall farther and farther behind in the hardware arena and give less incentive to stay with them. I was hoping that either this announcement or the 2/9 announcement will give me something to stay with them but it doesnt seem like thats going to happen.
    Look on the bright side … it doesn't matter what HP announces on 2/9, it will look spectacular when compared to the Echo!
    [QUOTE=barkerja;2852201]Look on the bright side
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I have to say I am not at all impressed with the Kyocera showing. The phone is pretty ugly and the fact that they did not really show me why I would want dual screens on a phone didn't help. I thought that I could browse the web and watch a youtube video but that was shot down immediately. Also, not getting an update Android version makes me very nervous. Almost all of the manufacturers have been really bad at upgrading to the newst and greatest Android iteration. At least if I was to buy a new phone I would hope for the first few months to be the most update.
    I agree with all of the above, but i still would not leave sprint for Verizon. I tried to get quotes from them and their sales dept was atrocious. Still holding out for palm to man up on sprint and if not Win7 is rumored to be showing up on Sprints golden shores soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I agree with all of the above, but i still would not leave sprint for Verizon. I tried to get quotes from them and their sales dept was atrocious. Still holding out for palm to man up on sprint and if not Win7 is rumored to be showing up on Sprints golden shores soon.
    This.
    If this was the big announcement then Sprint is as doomed as Palm was. What a piece of crap! if HP fails as bad as this then we're doomed too! That was pitiful. It's basically a Nintendo DS. Ugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Look on the bright side … it doesn't matter what HP announces on 2/9, it will look spectacular when compared to the Echo!
    I think Sprint just gave HP a boost.

Maybe it was part of their deal with HP to get a new webOS phone exclusive for a few weeks or months...
    Sprint: hey Palm, we want your next flag ship.
    Palm, but you messed up the Pre launch.
    Sprint: KK, yeah, true, true, well we'll release a laughable "industry first" just before your announcement to give it a launching-point/boost.
    Palm: hmmm, k, you've got exclusive rights... for the next few weeks.

You know whatever Palm announces will be compared with this dual screen toilet scrubber.

PS... I've had a few tonight.... sorry it was probably funnier in my mind then in type.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    ... one out of date OS that will likely never be upgraded,
    Android 2.2 is the latest broad release version. Why do you call it "out of date" and think it will never be updated?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Android 2.2 is the latest broad release version. Why do you call it "out of date" and think it will never be updated?
    Because by the time its released the broad release looks to be 2.4 and with all the custom stuff on top of Android you are dependent on Kyocera for your updates. That just sounds like a whole bunch of frowny face to me.
    I like sprint for the prices, but c'mon that was a weak showing. That should have been a kyocera event. They should have talked about speed increase, pricing plans, services, etc. They're a wireless telecommunications company, not a hardware company. An event that shocased the echo which does one-tasking? What were they thinking just because there are more screens doesn't mean you can do more things. Customers aren't that dumb. This was their big unveiling??? HP please don't let us down. I hope they make a phone with multiple antennas, so if I don't like Sprint I could switch to another carrier without buying new hardware for a specific wireless coverage. One phone to rule them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Because by the time its released the broad release looks to be 2.4 and with all the custom stuff on top of Android you are dependent on Kyocera for your updates. That just sounds like a whole bunch of frowny face to me.
    Yeah, but the average consumer don't know nor do they care about the latest update all they want is a phone that works and doesn't fall apart like the Pre.

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Yeah, but the average consumer don't know nor do they care about the latest update all they want is a phone that works and doesn't fall apart like the Pre.

Sfm Evo
    They also want a slab phone like the iphone especially those on Sprint. When HP is done thinking big, small, and beyond, i hope they think back to what people want.
  18.    #38  
    I agree that they want a phone that just works, but from the looks of the hinge(moving parts break easy) and the compexity of the top skin (engadget couldn't get it to work right). This does not look to be it.
    boy you can say that again. Looks like a door hinge was screwed onto it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post

Sfm Evo
    Yeah, a good sturdy door hinge will fix that!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast