Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think its crazy they are pricing the Xoom at 800... at most 600 I could understand.

I still think HP needs to come in at under 500 but does this recent pricing of the Xoom get your a bit nervous?
    no, motorola is crazy if they think they can sell that thing for $800.

if somehow HPalm becomes that crazy, i would just say good bye and good luck, and take another look at blackberry playbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    no, motorola is crazy if they think they can sell that thing for $800.

if somehow HPalm becomes that crazy, i would just say good bye and good luck, and take another look at blackberry playbook.
    i wouldn't get the blackberry playbbok just because HP or Moto went crazy, I may look at iPad but not the playbook.
    i would never buy anything apple.

on a second thought, I already have a galaxy tab, if HPalm went crazy, i just stick to what i have..
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    $800 is BS... not worth it at all. If HP does that I will not buy one.
    And the latest is Verizon putting restrictions on Wi-Fi until you subscribe to data...

Verizon locking WiFi on Motorola Xoom until you buy one month of data service? -- Engadget
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I always told my friends, that if hp didn't deliver, I'd get the other webos tablet. (playbook)
    There main competitor is with ipad not XOOM so think they will not get to $800

But you never know, my fingers are crossed
    Yeah $800 is in-freakin'-sane. I foresee a sales disaster and ensuing major pricing incentives coming soon.
    $800 is saying that your tablet is better than lots of standard laptops and computers, which it certainly isn't. Although the Xoom seems cool, it is certainly not worth it. Maybe half that price....

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I think that HP knows their competition is Apple, and not Motorola (yet, anyways...).

I would expect the tablet to be priced more competitively. It may be a little more expensive, but I'd expect it to do something better or have more of something.
    $800? And on VZW, the most expensive carrier?

wow, what a mistake.
    HP's outlook is looking better. The Xoom is $800, the Topaz should easily be priced under that. The Playbook is crippled without a Blackberry phone, hopefully a fully function Opal will be out before the Playbook v2 arrives.
    I would be shocked to see HP release a tablet that wasn't affordable (400-500 range, maybe even less) right off the bat.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Maybe I'll bite at $500 but to get my attention it has to come in at or under $400. $800 to me says nice try. I can get a quad-core laptop running Windows 7 with good specs at that price, instead of a little dual-core 1.2GHz thing running Android.
  16. END
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    I would have to see the full specs on Palm/HP's offering before commenting on price.
    Having said that, I still feel they need to bring it in at a very competitive price point.

In addition, hopefully they have both a wifi & carrier pad/slate/tablet/courier/canvas available at launch or within weeks of each other.
    Last edited by END; 02/07/2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Spelling boo boo I noticed.
    $399-$499 is going to be the sweet spot...at least it will be if I'm the typical consumer. I can't justify any more than that for a class of equipment that will only come down in pricing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    $399-$499 is going to be the sweet spot...at least it will be if I'm the typical consumer. I can't justify any more than that for a class of equipment that will only come down in pricing.
    +1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    And the latest is Verizon putting restrictions on Wi-Fi until you subscribe to data...

Verizon locking WiFi on Motorola Xoom until you buy one month of data service? -- Engadget
    This will be hacked in a day

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This is laughable. Who in their right mind will buy something this expensive.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast