Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Epic Fail is all I can say, what an awful ad for the Xoom

Motorola calls Apple Big Brother in Super Bowl ad | Technically Incorrect - CNET News
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This isn't the ad, it's simply a teaser aimed at techies who will get the gag.
    Last edited by CGK; 02/03/2011 at 03:06 PM.
    I like it. And this is definately a teaser. If you think about it, this is actually just like back in 1984. Now, Motorola is coming out with different choice in tablet world. I am very excited about Xoom and honeycomb. I am an iPad owner.
    I would definitely call Apple Big Brother.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    This isn't the ad, it's simply a teaser aimed at techies who will get the gag.
    My bad. They're still copying exactly what Apple did with IBM in 1984 itself.

Also why just techies? Anyone literate could understand that 'gag' assuming they know Apple is big, can recognise white headphones, and they know the basic outline of the novel '1984'. Otherwise the eventual real ad would be useless cause only 'techies' would understand...
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I would definitely call Apple Big Brother.
    It's not just Apple. Almost every new desktop, laptop, netbook, tablet, phone, and game system coming out these days has internet connectivity and a camera pointed towards you. Hmmmm....
    My 0.02 is that Android is most like 1984 Apple would probably be better off being compared to Brave New World.. Which I guess would make Palm both the attractive women with the hammer and John the Savage, the american indian who whips and then hangs himself.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    My 0.02 is that Android is most like 1984 Apple would probably be better off being compared to Brave New World.. Which I guess would make Palm both the attractive women with the hammer and John the Savage, the american indian who whips and then hangs himself.
    A-Level Coursework?

American indian? Really? I think he's just a savage, its the future.

There's a few more important things to BNW than that he whips himself. Also women with the hammer? I missed that bit!

Also I think they're trying to say 'Big Brother' as in they control everything, not as in they watch everything.
    It's actually quite ironic, given the GOOGLE (Android) actually has a laundry list of 'big brother'-like traits.

Apple is a cult for people that choose to join. Android/Google is, in fact, a tool for Google to know more about every aspect of your life. Think about it, why else would Google GIVE Android out, other than to reap the informational benefits.

Fear Google. I'm only partially kidding.
    I have to give them credit for a great teaser ad. I wish palm would do something cool like that during the superbowl, only funny instead of serious... But if you removed the specs in that clip, it would work for any non-apple company.