Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Last edited by max167; 02/03/2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Apple always announces/previews their products around the same time of year and then releases them around the same time of year.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It doesnt really sound like its going to be released next week, Rather some features of it.
    Oh brother.... ^^^^^^

I like vague macro images of buttons and curved edges of a future device.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I think Apple has boxed themselves into the one year cycle. They've kept it up since the release of the iMac and iPod, so now it is expected of them. I know I'd be mighty pi**ed to find out a new version would be out a week after I had just bought the current version.
    Dont worry, HP will be fine. Just like people said about the Pre 2, its just a spec bump.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Its apple, a spec bump is HUGE when its Apple.

I'd really hate to see Apple do it again. They don't need a seperate event to announce a new product, they'll still get the same fanfare and steal some of HPs thunder.

However, it could help HP. PalmPad vs iPad articles etc. Also emphasise that Apple see HP as a threat.

Verizon iPhone 4 and THEN (possibly)this, could not just be a coincidence.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    And also 1st post title should have read 'announced' not 'released'. Sorry! Have edited it now.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Also Reuters are reporting sightings of and iPad 2 at the Daily Paper announcement...

Reuters 'eyewitness' claims Apple's iPad 2 was at The Daily event | iPad Atlas - CNET Reviews

very tenuous though
    I just bought an iPad two days ago; I have to say it's really nice, even better than I thought, despite being a Mac adficionado for 20+ years.

I still reckon an HP/Palm tablet could be even better though!
    Quote Originally Posted by scstock View Post
    I still reckon an HP/Palm tablet could be even better though!
    Then why'd you buy an iPad?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Because it was available?

There's *always* better coming!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Best Buy is selling the 3G models at $30 off(yeah I know, not much), but I wonder if that's an indication. They are an authorized seller. Usually the iPad has no sales. I've seen the touch and Nano go on sale through BB, but I'm not sure I ever saw the iPad go on sale.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by max167 View Post
    This worries me:
    Why? Did you think Apple would just not notice the CEO of HP talking trash and making comparisons. Did you think that when HP announced that they would be making an announcement, the rest of the industry should just set aside their plans, give HP a nice cushion of time before and after their big announcement so it could have the spotlight all to itself? Surely, you know that is not how the industry works.

Why be upset at Apple? They are due for an iPad 2 unveiling. HP is the newcomer who barged into Apple's announcement cycle, not the other way around. It is a bold move. But don't be upset if they are upstaged by the main event.
    Anyone hoping HP can make a splash should be worried IMO. Because once iPad 2 is announced, which do you think much of the press will go to? If you're honest, you know which one.

Xoom has already eaten away at HP's tablet announcement also, if you ask me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You all worry too much :P HP just needs to worry about HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I have the opportunity to distribute a product in the UK for IOS devices, so needed a unit to test and demo with.