Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Top bar notifications maybe less intrusive, but I find it easier to use my phone one-handed when notifications and emails are on the bottom and can be swiped away quickly or tapped. But don't read too much into the one-handed thing.
    That's how I feel about the top bar notifications in Android - very easy to check/dismiss one-handed, yet much easier to ignore if you're doing something else. I guess it's all about adaptability.
    I concur... I perfer the top bar notifications....looks cool when it rotates to show new messages.

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Top bar notifications maybe less intrusive, but I find it easier to use my phone one-handed when notifications and emails are on the bottom and can be swiped away quickly or tapped. But don't read too much into the one-handed thing.
    Too late!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    While I don't "dislike" webOS notifications, it loses some points for the same reason WP7's "X to close" loses some points. That is, I don't like losing some real estate across an entire section of the screen to show a small icon in the corner.

With webOS, you lose that bottom row as long as there are iconized notifications. I also don't like how they squeeze the screen when they are in dashboard form. They not as unobtrusive as they are claimed to be. With Android, I lose zero real estate no matter how many pending notifications I have. I like that better.
    On days when things are rocking, you can be getting notifications for email, Facebook, messages, calendar, LinkedIn, plus a dozen apps have updates. I like to be able to triage and do the hot ones now, warm ones later and the rest even tomorrow.

With Android, you can pick them off and leave the rest without taking up any space.

On my Pre, you have a small space to begin with and then notifications slice out another slab of it. You have to clear them as soon as they come up. You can't prioritize. Instead of you managing your notifications, on a Pre notifications manage you.

I hope that they will have a 4.3" or 4.5" screen to announce this week. Then notifications would not be such a hassle.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234