Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well guys, I'm convinced. I want a tablet now! (Which says a lot since I previously thought they were a dumb idea and that I have no use for one)

Honeycomb looks amazing.
    So before the Android Web Market, did Google provide a method to check the market outside of the market, sort of like webOS does with RSS feeds? And am I correct in understanding that when you purchase in the web market, the app is automatically pushed to your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    It's one of the top download apps on the Apple App Store and Android.
    I know, just seems hard to imagine... kids these days...
    Where were the original, native apps? They brought people on stage to show ports of apps that have been around for some time. What gives?
    What happened to Google Music? I thought they were going to show it off today.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    Indeed, I was expecting google music.
    Did anyone else think that was kinda awkward? I guess thats what you expect when you let the biggest nerds in silicon valley run a press conference
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    So before the Android Web Market, did Google provide a method to check the market outside of the market, sort of like webOS does with RSS feeds? And am I correct in understanding that when you purchase in the web market, the app is automatically pushed to your phone?
    Most people used this:
    AppBrain Android Market - Download the best Android Apps and Games

There are a few others as well.

They are all out of business now though. And yes it was automatically pushed to your phone up until a few months ago when google took that API away.
    they showed a music app. had 3D scrolling like iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Did anyone else think that was kinda awkward? I guess thats what you expect when you let the biggest nerds in silicon valley run a press conference
    Oh yeah. It was made worse by having a guy named Hugo wearing Hugo Boss while someone else rocked the circa 2005 look of wearing a Google tshirt under a suit jacket. Google really needs to bring in more suitable people to sell their vision.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Google press conferences are always in that manner. Its almost as if they don't have an event organizer and kinda just wing it.

Which is fine, its to tech people and they get the point across.
    the demo looked good, but switching between home screens was still awkward. Once they got something started it was cool, but getting there was not simple.
    Anyone know where I can watch the first 15 minutes of the presentation? I missed it...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they showed a music app. had 3D scrolling like iOS
    That was just their tweak (and a BADLY NEEDED ONE) on the stock music player.

Looks great, but Google Video Chat needs some tweaks to get it to Facetime caliber (not that I would use it. I haven't used the front facing camera on my Epic 4G once in 4 months).

Otherwise, looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Indeed, I was expecting google music.
    Me three, but MOG pretty much does most of what I would expect Google Music to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    App brain is now out of business haha.
    My thoughts exactly.

Sfm
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Me three, but MOG pretty much does most of what I would expect Google Music to do.

Not an option for me as I'm in the UK, moreover while a lot of people don't want it, the more I can do via a single provider the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Most people used this:
    AppBrain Android Market - Download the best Android Apps and Games

There are a few others as well.

They are all out of business now though. And yes it was automatically pushed to your phone up until a few months ago when google took that API away.
    Ah, I see, but the current Android Market now does what AppBrain and others did before, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Not an option for me as I'm in the UK, moreover while a lot of people don't want it, the more I can do via a single provider the better.
    Spotify not good enough?
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Spotify not good enough?
    Spotify is fine but I'm simply not mobile enough to justify spending $17 a month on it.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast