Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

This is the place for discussions about why Apple is untouchable or why HP can/can't beat them, imitate them, etc.

Posts in other threads that pertain to this topic will be merged here.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/01/2011 at 11:21 PM.
    if google can beat them, then HP can beat them too
    It can see where it will be lonely over here. With only apple undercover agents posting.

This is the best thread I've seen all year.
    Last edited by lazslo11; 02/01/2011 at 10:25 PM.
    Oh, someone called me?!?

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Hi folks,

This is the place for discussions about why Apple is untouchable or why HP can/can't beat them, imitate them, etc.

Posts in other threads that pertain to this topic will be merged her.
    To be fair, I suppose it will also accommodate discussions about why HP is the biggest, best, most innovative company around, and why it's new leader, vision, and product line will redefine the industry.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    To be fair, I suppose it will also accommodate discussions about why HP is the biggest, best, most innovative company around, and why it's new leader, vision, and product line will redefine the industry.
    If that turns out to be true, I'd be pleased and very surprised. I don't think they will fail, but I don't think they will achieve world domination. I'd be happy if they can become as cool as Dell was when they had "the Dell Dude."
    An excellent article that perfectly paints the Apple picture: How Steve Jobs 'out-Japanned' Japan - SFGate

CES is the home of the mainstream, the chorus, the echo chamber; by not attending, Apple maintains its identity as the maverick, the soloist, the think-different visionary -- even though its massive success has now made it the world's eighth-largest consumer technology company by revenue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Hi folks,

Posts in other threads that pertain to this topic will be merged her.
    Hopefully if you can contain the trolls then the forum will once again be useful and non-hostile.

And as for Apple vs HP, who cares? I thought we all came here to find out about HP Palm webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Hopefully if you can contain the trolls then the forum will once again be useful and non-hostile.

And as for Apple vs HP, who cares? I thought we all came here to find out about HP Palm webOS.
    The problem is that so many "here's what HP might be doing right (or wrong)" turns into a "Here's what Apple is doing right, and HP can never succeed" discussions (and subsequent debate, of course).

I think this was an excellent idea. It'll give the "I must have my say about Apple" folks a place to go, and maybe the rest of us can talk about Palm and HP.

We'll see.
    This is so insanely crazy that it just might work!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post

We come here for different perspectives.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    We come here for different perspectives.

apple rules! HP drools!

or is it the other way around?
  13.    #13  
    Apples are crunchy and tasty. HP innovates.
    Will webOS ever see applications like this? (Hint: fast forward to 5:10)
    This is simple to explain: the HP buyed the Palm, making this words true!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    apple was a ''nobody'' a few year ago. Jobs directed the company to a new image and made the company like it is today, but jobs is not immortal. Apple could lose it position, when they dont keep inventing and marketing.
    Man, this is simple: the Jobs shoots many directions, but just hide his mistakes. Doubt?

Look that Ping, the ITunes social network, the IPod shuffle without buttons, the revenue in Apple Store, that is less than 1% about the all downloads (Yes, that the Press "forget" to show), the antenagate (showed, but not assumed) and many other in history...

The BIG difference between Apple and other corporations is that the press is hard to show and/or minimize the Apple failures.

But in the end, is EXACTLY the same enterprise that any other...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    apple was a ''nobody'' a few year ago. Jobs directed the company to a new image and made the company like it is today, but jobs is not immortal. Apple could lose it position, when they dont keep inventing and marketing.
    I think Jobs will transfer his mind into an Iphone to become immortal. That way, fans can worship both him and his product at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think this was an excellent idea. It'll give the "I must have my say about Apple" folks a place to go, and maybe the rest of us can talk about Palm and HP.

We'll see.
    If you want to only talk about Palm and HP, why is it that I have seen YOU post many things about Apple constantly on this forum? And when you do post about Apple, you only tell part of the story and leave out key details that I have pointed out to you on many occasions.

So, I should not see you posting anymore misinformed info about Apple.

We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    If you want to only talk about Palm and HP, why is it that I have seen YOU post many things about Apple constantly on this forum? And when you do post about Apple, you only tell part of the story and leave out key details that I have pointed out to you on many occasions.

So, I should not see you posting anymore misinformed info about Apple.

We'll see.
    Sorry guy, you've never seen me on an Apple forum, and I challenge you to show one place where I've posted "misinformation" about Apple. When I do post about Apple, it's in response to to someone else, typically telling us how crappy HP stuff is, and how they shouldn't even try.
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast