Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 301
  1. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #201  
    No I refuse to believe it.
  2. #202  
    It's not even funny anymore. That picture is just profoundly sad.
  3. #203  
    Of course it's "sad". All of the iPhans know they should have won. It's because all those geeky types used bots and stuff to cheat. iPhans are just normal people that don't know how to use bots. Yeah... that's it.
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    It's not even funny anymore. That picture is just profoundly sad.
    That was about the lamest thing I have ever seen.

    I sort of felt sorry for JonR for not knowing that. Clearly somebody - marketing staff? - helped put that together and did not actually have the savvy to realize how incredibly desperate it looked to put that up as a slide. Maybe - MAYBE - mention it, but no way should that have ever been on a slide.
  5. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Of course it's "sad". All of the iPhans know they should have won. It's because all those geeky types used bots and stuff to cheat. iPhans are just normal people that don't know how to use bots. Yeah... that's it.
    You don't think it's sad that a company like HP is reduced to using forum polls as evidence of... well something... in it's major product announcements?

    I don't know, maybe that's "think beyond" in action?
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    No... that's a mock-up right? Right?
    Lmao. No, they really used that in their presentation.
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    You don't think it's sad that a company like HP is reduced to using forum polls as evidence of... well something... in it's major product announcements?

    I don't know, maybe that's "think beyond" in action?
    "Think Beyond Credibility?"
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Of course it's "sad". All of the iPhans know they should have won. It's because all those geeky types used bots and stuff to cheat. iPhans are just normal people that don't know how to use bots. Yeah... that's it.
    No, it's sad because it depicts a playoff ladder in which the two contestants in the final are the two companies with the least impact in this market - and the winner has, by far the very least impact. It should be named "The Consolation Prize Bowl."
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    You don't think it's sad that a company like HP is reduced to using forum polls as evidence of... well something... in it's major product announcements?

    I don't know, maybe that's "think beyond" in action?
    Not at all. I don't particularly find the poll awe-inspiring, but then, I've seldom been awe-inspired by slides in a presentation in a tech announcement. They got their point across very well - in spite of the trollish naysayers on forums like this, WebOS remains highly respected by those that use it.
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Not at all. I don't particularly find the poll awe-inspiring, but then, I've seldom been awe-inspired by slides in a presentation in a tech announcement. They got their point across very well - in spite of the trollish naysayers on forums like this, WebOS remains highly respected by those that use it.
    Sure its respected among the small handful of folks who are okay with mod'ing their phone, but its not respected by nearly anyone else using it out of the box.
  11. #211  
    That is really sad. We didn't even take it seriously and HP chose to make a slide out of it. Short HP stock NOW!!! Bucks to be made.

    This is straight pre-2000 crash type shenanigans.
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Not at all. I don't particularly find the poll awe-inspiring, but then, I've seldom been awe-inspired by slides in a presentation in a tech announcement. They got their point across very well - in spite of the trollish naysayers on forums like this, WebOS remains highly respected by those that use it.
    Well that's one way to look at if, if you're a webos fan. Rose colored glasses not withstanding.
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    That is really sad. We didn't even take it seriously and HP chose to make a slide out of it. Short HP stock NOW!!! Bucks to be made.

    This is straight pre-2000 crash type shenanigans.
    hp makes all it's money on stuff it unrelated todays announcement. Their stock price is pretty safe. This could tank and other then the expense laid out to do all of this it wouldn't be a big deal.

    now if they report a 10% decline in earnings from IT and from imaging, and a slowdown in enterprise storage sales then i'd be scared of the stock price. Well that and random mass freak outs on the stock market. But that's hard to predict. Like last month all of a sudden people freaked out an started selling netflix cause it had ran so high they figured it couldn't sustain that. Only for them to announce ridiculously good earnings slaughtering all then naysayers and every body bought back it. And the stock move about 35 more points north. But i dont expect mass panic on hp cause most of those investors know very much where HP's bread is buttered and as of yet, it ain't webos phones.
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Of course it's "sad". All of the iPhans know they should have won. It's because all those geeky types used bots and stuff to cheat. iPhans are just normal people that don't know how to use bots. Yeah... that's it.
    Yeah, also us Android, Apple and BB types don't need to play these little poll games because where at the top and only the the bottom feeder needs to prove something(webOS, Wp7).

    Sfm Evo
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    [*]This really should be "HP is in a position to continue to take on Apple and win"; keeping in mind that HP, at one time or another, has beat Apple in every category; sales, size, market penetration, profitability, etc.[/LIST]
    HP beats Apple in sales by being a company that sells a bunch of cheap, low cost products. That's not beating Apple.

    Let's see HP get rid of all their cheap laptops and netbooks and start their prices at $999 like Apple's cheapest laptop and then compare sales.

    Dollar for dollar Apple makes way more profit than HP. So, not beating Apple in profitability.

    If you are going to make comments like that. Let's be RELEVANT and compare SIMILAR products and stop generalizing.
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    ...
    If you are going to make comments like that. Let's be RELEVANT and compare SIMILAR products and stop generalizing.
    Ahhh, so now you're going to set the rules on how others can post? I don't think so...

    BTW, in your enthusiasm to wave the AFlag, you missed a very important part of what I said:

    [*]This really should be "HP is in a position to continue to take on Apple and win"; keeping in mind that HP, at one time or another, has beat Apple in every category; sales, size, market penetration, profitability, etc.
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Ahhh, so now you're going to set the rules on how others can post? I don't think so...

    BTW, in your enthusiasm to wave the AFlag, you missed a very important part of what I said:
    Eh, just go reread danbj13's post above. Because he said it perfectly and it's so true.

    And your important part is still not true. You're still generalizing. HP did it by undercutting Apple in price. The MAJORITY of the sales came from products that were cheaper than Apple. So, that's not saying anything significant.
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Eh, just go reread danbj13's post above. Because he said it perfectly and it's so true.

    And your important part is still not true. You're still generalizing. HP did it by undercutting Apple in price. The MAJORITY of the sales came from products that were cheaper than Apple. So, that's not saying anything significant.
    HP was a profit-making company before Apple was a gleam in Jobs' and Wozniack's collective eyes.

    Even after their founding, they went through about 10-12 years of some pretty extreme financial difficulty, and almost went bankrupt.

    Add to all of that the fact that their fall coincided, roughly, with the departure of Steve Jobs, and their return to profitability coincided with his return, along with the fact that it appears Jobs may no longer be heading Apple on a day to day basis.

    Finally toss in the fact that HP has consistently been profitable (though they've had divisions that were not) since they were founded, no matter who was heading the company.

    Then yeah, I think it's all relevant.

    BTW, I really don't think HP (or anyone, for that matter) needs to "beat Apple". What they have to do is compete and maintain an acceptable (to them and their shareholders) profitiability.

    Finally, it really dosn't matter if HP outsells Apple because their products are cheaper. Lots of companies have problems when consumers (who are very price conscious) determine one company's products are over priced, and begin buying another instead. That's especially true in difficicult economic times.
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Android didn't gain market share from Apple deflectors but rather as being the only viable alternative to the iPhone on all U.S. carriers. Let's see how things look in six months to a year now that the iPhone is on the two largest U.S. carriers.
    Sorry, I disagree that that is the sole reasons, or even the major reason. Word already is that Verizon's sales of iPhones was less than expected, ATT sold Android phones while selling iPhones, and sold them successfully. In short, even at ATT, it would be a mistake to say that Android failed to "put a dent" in Apple's marketshare. They did.

    And the competition is heating up even more.
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Shouldn't they look pretty much like the rest of the world where the iPhone is on every carrier, yet HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, et al are doing just fine?
    While I agree with the basic premise here, I would have to say, I expect iPhone sales in the US to be more lopsided (in favor of Apple) than in other countries. Face it, in the US we as consumers are bit more prone to picking technology based on trendy brands rather than functionality.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions