Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Galaxy Tab return rate at 13%; iPad 2% | Apple - CNET News

Im hoping Palm/HP doesnt follow in the footsteps of samsung taking a hit like this...
    this isn't a relevant article

they compair wireless contract taabs only per a study by one company, to an all comers return for ipads in as reportwd in the new york post.

not a valid comparison as such
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    samsung rushed out their tablet with a less tablet optimized froyo, hoping Palm does a better job on the Palmpad
    It's impossible to know what the PalmtopaPad with do in the market. My guess is that if HP is true to form, it will have the same return rate of all HP stuff. 3-5%.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

The real story is the iPad return rate. 2% is outstanding. There will not be real competition until people are as satisfied with the competing product as they are with the iPad.
    Last edited by dandbj13; 02/01/2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: decided on a lesser superlative.
    That's my point. HP has a good track record of meeting customer expectation. If they exceed expectations, it will do well.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Breaking: Ipad return rate 50%, galaxy tab return rate at 0%!
    Evidence will be provided if asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    The real story is the iPad return rate. 2% is outstanding. There will not be real competition until people are as satisfied with the competing product as they are with the iPad.
    I agree. 2% is completely insignificant, especially with such a large sample. That is better than scientific study parameters. Kudos for Apple for making such a great product. Samsung on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Breaking: Ipad return rate 50%, galaxy tab return rate at 0%!
    Evidence will be provided if asked.
    Evidence
    i returned an iPad... and picked up a macbook instead... ipad for me was useless except for games and email... but i'm more of a power user and NOT part of the 'masses' to just click around.
    I returned an iPad... to it's store stand after trying it out and deciding it wasn't worth purchasing.
    Turns out the Galaxy Tab has only a 2% return rate.

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-gal...er-2-03130575/

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    You might want to have the thread renamed.

[url= experiencing a 16 percent return rate on the Galaxy Tab? -- Engadget[/url]
    Debunked again I'm afraid...

http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/03/samsung-refutes-high-galaxy-tab-returns-says-rate-is-below-2-p/&category=classic&postPage=1
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Demand for these ipad like devices aren't that big especially one that barely has any useful applicaitons. Palm / HP is in for a surprise. The Galaxy S is probably barely selling, I know I never saw one in NYC and ipad sales are declining,
    I think it is relevant to two things: build quality and does the device meet customer expectations.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Demand for these ipad like devices aren't that big especially one that barely has any useful applicaitons. Palm / HP is in for a surprise. The Galaxy S is probably barely selling, I know I never saw one in NYC and ipad sales are declining,

I'll bet you don't have ipad. I don't blame you. I bought my iPad purely for playing around, very expensive toy. But now, I take iPad every where. And actually i use my iPad more than my computer. For computer, I used at work and some game time to time. Ipad has so many useful apps, you wouldn't believe how useful this toy can be.

Apps that I use the most,
    Manga reader, GoodReader (awsome PDF apps, I got tons of pdf books), Netflix, Air Video (don't need to convert any avi files), instaPaper, and of course email and web browsing. And there's tons of other apps that I use alot.

Ipad can't replace high end laptop for some of the power user, however this is much better than any sub par laptop on the market.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I'll bet you don't have ipad. I don't blame you. I bought my iPad purely for playing around, very expensive toy. But now, I take iPad every where. And actually i use my iPad more than my computer. For computer, I used at work and some game time to time. Ipad has so many useful apps, you wouldn't believe how useful this toy can be.

Apps that I use the most,
    Manga reader, GoodReader (awsome PDF apps, I got tons of pdf books), Netflix, Air Video (don't need to convert any avi files), instaPaper, and of course email and web browsing. And there's tons of other apps that I use alot.

Ipad can't replace high end laptop for some of the power user, however this is much better than any sub par laptop on the market.
    No I don't own one and wouldn't want to own one either. I much rather have my cell phone in my pocket than have to chug around with that thing. I honestly see no benefit in owning one. The way I see it my phone can perform the same functions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    No I don't own one and wouldn't want to own one either. I much rather have my cell phone in my pocket than have to chug around with that thing. I honestly see no benefit in owning one. The way I see it my phone can perform the same functions.
    Really? You don't even see one single benefit in owning a tablet?

Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Really? You don't even see one single benefit in owning a tablet?

I used an ipad and I don't see a single benefit when I have a smartphone. The tablets are too limited, if I really need to use something portable I would much rather use my netbook. Tablets are like oversize smartphones in my opinion.
    Last edited by jamex; 02/03/2011 at 08:59 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast