Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    I loved my Pre+ but in November I cracked the screen and just went back to using my old Centro until the PRE2 appeared at Verizon....

    Needless to say I'm STILL waiting and I'm becoming convinced that "coming soon" and in "coming months" basically means never.

    Anyway, I don't want to start a fight but I'm just TIRED of waiting. Can anyone recommend an Android phone that served as a good Palm Pre+ replacement for you? Once that offers good "synergy", good text input, quick contact and calender entries, nice web browsing & email, etc.

    I have been considering the HTC Incredible.

    Thanks!
    Eric
  2. #2  
    The wife just got the Evo Shift 4G from Sprint, and I could see myself using that if I absolutely had to.

    I much prefer a portrait keyboard, but between the landscape keyboard and swype I think I could manage. It is a very nice phone, and not as large as the Evo, which is one thing I do not like about most android phones.

    That being said I could have one right now if I wanted, but I prefer WebOS.
  3. #3  
    I would think you'd wait for the Feb 9th announcements... but the incredible is certainly decent hardware.
  4. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #4  
    well only WebOS offers "synergy" so if thats what your looking for I would hold out for a few more weeks but since you are on Verizon I would look into the Droid Pro.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  5. #5  
    I have the Palm Pre+ as well, my wife just got the Incredible. It is a good phone she likes the size better than the DroidX, loves voice to text, but hates that it is too sensitive and winds up calling and texting people that she does not mean to. She does not like the app switching capability, loves it on mine as it is a lot easier to use. Her main beef against the pre is the screen size. If she could have WebOS 2.x on the Incredible form factor it would be a winner for her.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    well only WebOS offers "synergy" so if thats what your looking for I would hold out for a few more weeks but since you are on Verizon I would look into the Droid Pro.
    That's not true at all. Android does "synergy" very well.

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I would think you'd wait for the Feb 9th announcements...
    I probably will wait till then just out of curiosity but if Palm announces something good, the big questions will be when will they actually SHIP it? or will it just be available in the "coming months". And, if they are available from Palm will they be available from Verizon anytime soon. I just have a sneaking feeling that new Palm hardware is still MONTHS away.

    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    well only WebOS offers "synergy"...
    Well, Palm has trademarked the word "Synergy" but my understanding was that Android phones also offered the functionality of pulling Gmail contacts, Facebook contacts, online calenders, etc. etc. ALL down into your phone? Is that correct?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by edfehrman View Post
    Well, Palm has trademarked the word "Synergy" but my understanding was that Android phones also offered the functionality of pulling Gmail contacts, Facebook contacts, online calenders, etc. etc. ALL down into your phone? Is that correct?
    Yes, that is correct.

    Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by edfehrman View Post
    Well, Palm has trademarked the word "Synergy" but my understanding was that Android phones also offered the functionality of pulling Gmail contacts, Facebook contacts, online calenders, etc. etc. ALL down into your phone? Is that correct?
    Yes, that's correct!

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by edfehrman View Post
    I probably will wait till then just out of curiosity but if Palm announces something good, the big questions will be when will they actually SHIP it? or will it just be available in the "coming months". And, if they are available from Palm will they be available from Verizon anytime soon. I just have a sneaking feeling that new Palm hardware is still MONTHS away.
    If the new CEO is truthful in what he says, in a BBC interview, he said that products announced on 2/9 will be available "within weeks" of the announcement. Then he was quoted as saying that units would be available 2/9 in a meeting with employees in India. So maybe within weeks to the public and 2/9 for employees OR 2/9 for everyone. Only kicker is that HP has not stated what carriers will be getting the new phones... Sprint, ATT, Vzn???
  11. #11  
    I agree,,,,, also, evo made a great replacement for my pre.

    Evo-lution
  12. #12  
    If you're on Verizon. Droid Pro or Incredible. That's still an amazing phone though its a year old.
  13. #13  
    If you must do Android, the HTC Incredible on Verizon is the cat's MEOW.
    It is well constructed and easy to use. Sized right for hands and pocket.
    Rooting and personal modifications are a little more difficult with Android
    than with Palm Pre and Preware. The Palm ecosystem is mature, experienced,
    and complete. You don't need 46,750 apps, just a few. Cell phones are the
    next frontier for us computer junkies. And there's more great stuff coming.
    Last edited by michaelbsheldon; 02/01/2011 at 01:38 PM.
  14. #14  
    There are also several new Android phones coming out in early Feb.

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  15. #15  
    if on Verizon Id say the droid 2, someone at my workplace has it and it is a very nice phone, the pro as well. That is if you need something now otherwise like most said Id wait until end of feb to march to see whats new from HP, and other android phones.
  16. #16  
    I've used an OG Droid, a Droid X and an Incredible. By far HTCs Incredible has been my favorite. I dig the SenseUI others may not. Moto's Blur UI I think is terrible, but it's very "social" if thats your thing. You also have the HTC Thunderbolt coming out thats supposedly gonna be a beast. You have have plenty of options for android.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    If the new CEO is truthful in what he says, in a BBC interview, he said that products announced on 2/9 will be available "within weeks" of the announcement.
    I fear that "within weeks" is simply the new "in coming months". After all, product could ship 40 weeks later and they could claim it was "within weeks".
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by edfehrman View Post
    I fear that "within weeks" is simply the new "in coming months". After all, product could ship 40 weeks later and they could claim it was "within weeks".
    now now...let's not be THAT cynical...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by edfehrman View Post
    I loved my Pre+ but in November I cracked the screen and just went back to using my old Centro until the PRE2 appeared at Verizon....

    Needless to say I'm STILL waiting and I'm becoming convinced that "coming soon" and in "coming months" basically means never.

    Anyway, I don't want to start a fight but I'm just TIRED of waiting. Can anyone recommend an Android phone that served as a good Palm Pre+ replacement for you? Once that offers good "synergy", good text input, quick contact and calender entries, nice web browsing & email, etc.

    I have been considering the HTC Incredible.

    Thanks!
    Eric
    Is getting a Pre + on eBay/reseller an option for you? You can pick up replacements now for about the same as putting in an insurance claim. I dropped my insurance on the Pre- since there is a retailer in town selling used units at the same cost as a claim.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    now now...let's not be THAT cynical...
    yea, I was prolly a little too pessimistic on that one!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions