1.    #1  
    In the latest Engadget Show - 017 - Wozniak mentioned using a Verizon Pre 2 for MIFI access...about 23:50 min.

Wozniak is very interesting person (different how he talks almost like he's computing variables x=y) and good questions coming from Josh. He's probably the only one besides Steve Jobs that gets to be as free at Apple as anyone can be. Either way, the video is worth checking out. Sorli...
    Woz doesn't work for apple anymore. He's long since been gone.
    I saw the show. He's a trippy guy. I liked the part about his homemade ID he uses to board planes, Dept of Defiance with an eye patch, and his book of homemade $2 bills that he sells. It's definitely well worth a look.
    Just listened last night. I was looking forward to this interview. Very good.
    I saw the livestream. I don't think his use of the P2 was much of an endorsement. He doesn't actually use the P2 as a smartphone, but as a free hotspot. Is HP selling phones or hotspots. It doesn't forward the idea of wOS as a premium brand. It is just a mifi.

That is not how you want people to view your product. It is like saying you bought an off-contract, $49 Pixi because it makes a great paperweight.
    Engadget just put up the show in pieces on YouTube and the video where Woz talks about the P2 is up there now, called "Woz on his many devices" or something like that.
    When did the Verizon pre 2 even get released?

Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13
    That is not how you want people to view your product. It is like saying you bought an off-contract, $49 Pixi because it makes a great paperweight.
    I wish I could feel that way about my iP, but I already have a proper paperweight so the iP is just annoyingly taking up drawer space atm. Hopefully one of my friends will take it off my hands.
    Woz is easily confused these days. I suspect he meant the P+.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Woz is easily confused these days. I suspect he meant the P+.
    Maybe he likes webOS and nagged Verizon enough that they give him a Pre 2.
    I very much doubt he would make the mistake of calling it the 2, after months of saying the Pre plus.
    I was there at the show, just to clarify; he didn't say he had Verizon Pre 2. He said he had a Pre. He said he got it basically to use the free hotspot, with the $30 data plan. It was cheaper than getting a MiFi for $50 a month. Also, even though he doesn't work for Apple, he's still get's paid from them & is officially on their payroll, (though it isn't much) he mentioned this during the interview as well.

Woz is an awesome guy, I've been to most of the Engadget show's and he was their best guest. Very down to earth guy, he even hung around after the show was done to talk with everyone & sign autographs.

Woz is the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I was there at the show, just to clarify; he didn't say he had Verizon Pre 2. He said he had a Pre.
    yeah...they trimmed the video to the white iPhone discussion and the Pre-talk is at the end. he only says "Pre"...nothing about Pre2.

YouTube - Woz on his many devices and the white iPhone 4 - The Engadget Show
    Even though he doesn't "work" for Apple, he is still listed as an employee and receives a paycheck from them. I too thought it was pretty cool to hear him reference the pre.
    hm really? Wasn't aware, thats cool.

He also mentioned the battery would last an hour. haha
    Woz is the definitely the man..

I know I'm one Tech Geek who kept voting for him week after week when he was on Dancing with the Stars.

He would have went home the first week on pure talent, but he must have had a ton of online fan votes because he stayed well past his dance level.

It was well worth it to see Woz out there trying to dance with some young hottie week after week and having a ball doing it.

That was fun.
    He's mentioned the Pre before for the same reason during "AntennaGate". Nice to see he mentioned it again during this show.

Plus I liked how he referenced the battery life. It was a nice chuckle.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness