Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    LG confirms Optimus 3D for MWC 2011: glasses-free screen and 3D camera -- Engadget

"Cellphones
    LG confirms Optimus 3D for MWC 2011: glasses-free screen and 3D camera
    By Ross Miller posted Jan 31st 2011 9:37PM
    We've had a feeling that LG was going to tackle 3D smartphones heads-on sometime in February, and after a spat of rumors today purported to be showing off the Optimus 3D (pictured above, via Phandroid), the company's flat-out confirmed its Mobile World Congress debut. The Optimus 3D sports a dual-lens 3D camera, a glasses-free LCD display, and HDMI / DLNA for sharing on whatever 3D sets you have. A live demo will be at Barcelona, but whether that means we'll get to hold it in our own hands. Other specs? We'll have to wait and find out. Press release after the break. "
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Don't think so. That story is accompanied by an official press release. Would make a big Sprint announcement after the fact pointless. I mean, stranger things have happened, but...
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Hmmm. an official press release does make it sound like a no But 3D is definitely reason to bring a magician into the announcement. Maybe another company is doing 3D
    My guess is a tablet so large and so 3D that David Blaine himself jumps out of.
    Once again, I'm completely baffled by the hype over 3D. My last experience watching a 3D video left me with a headache and feeling like I had permanently crossed eyes.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Just to bring this to a close, looks like engadget posted a premature leak of the possible products to be released. Not impressed with windows phone 7 so i hope this is not true but hey, it probably is.

Engadget is more right than wrong
    Sprint expected to introduce Kyocera Echo at event later today, HTC Arrive also indirectly corroborated -- Engadget
    ...confirm that a Kyocera Echo is all set for launch on the Now Network at an event later today....The first time we got wind of the Echo, however, it was accompanied by a tip about a Windows Phone 7-based HTC Arrive, a more likely candidate for that industrial innovation prize -- there are no CDMA WP7 devices quite yet....
    I don't know anything, but this ^^^ doesn't seem like "all" that will be announced. I wouldn't say it brought anything "to a close" just yet.
    Last edited by taharka; 02/07/2011 at 06:34 AM.
    What time is this announcememt ?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    What time is this announcememt ?

5pm but im not sure what time zone
    Yes but how do we watch it ???

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    5pm???? Ugh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    6pm est NYC.
    Yeah now I'm trying to figure out how to watch it ?

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    6pm est NYC.
    Even worse!

What the heck are they doing all day.. Sipping tea with their pinkies in the air???

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    6pm est NYC.
    yep. sorry about that. registration starts at 5pm. and the presentation starts at 6pm. my bad

and bgr.com is saying that it might be the kyocera "echo". i hope not
    Damn tea sippin pinkie lifters!!!

lol this was a fail. i hope you didn't bet the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    lol this was a fail. i hope you didn't bet the house.
    Never bet on Sprint. The only reason people like them is they are cheaper than the others. It will not be likely Sprint will have a killer device with Hesse at the helm. He has lost touch with the mobile market, thus the dual screen, non 4g, one camera, old OS dual screen monstrosity. $189? Yep that screams high end. The rear end
    There's always MWC... Sprint bring on the Evo 2.