1.    #1  
    Why? I mean, isn't the camera the same as the one in the black iPhone 4, so why wouldn't the white one be able to take pictures just as well?

Wozniak Confirms White iPhone Camera Problems - Gearlog

I originally thought this was saying it was delayed because they couldn't get a good photograph of the phone itself, which would have made me wonder if I was reading this on Weekly World News, or The Onion.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    I though it was because they found the yellow casing yellowing over the time in which they were trailing it out internally. And the different parts yellowing at different rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Why? I mean, isn't the camera the same as the one in the black iPhone 4, so why wouldn't the white one be able to take pictures just as well?

Wozniak Confirms White iPhone Camera Problems - Gearlog

I originally thought this was saying it was delayed because they couldn't get a good photograph of the phone itself, which would have made me wonder if I was reading this on Weekly World News, or The Onion.
    Yeah, there have been a slew of manufacturing challenges for this white iPhone. Good on Apple for not releasing it until it's ready to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Yeah, there have been a slew of manufacturing challenges for this white iPhone. Good on Apple for not releasing it until it's ready to be released.
    I guess apple assumed it would work normally.. Or vzw pushed apple off till the deal was final..

Or vaporware

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The way I understand it, the white paint, painted onto the inside of the glass back of the device, wasn't opaque enough to keep light from bleeding into the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I guess apple assumed it would work normally.. Or vzw pushed apple off till the deal was final..

Or vaporware

I think Apple was a bit surprised by how difficult it was to actually produce a white variation of the iPhone 4. The paint used in/on the glass apparently posed a lot of issues with the proximity sensor, camera and also fading of the color itself.

We all know how big of a perfectionist Apple is.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I think Apple was a bit surprised by how difficult it was to actually produce a white variation of the iPhone 4. The paint used in/on the glass apparently posed a lot of issues with the proximity sensor, camera and also fading of the color itself.

We all know how big of a perfectionist Apple is.
    Lol.. I know I was just creating some FUD

White is the colorant in the case. Internally there is no difference.

This announcemnet was the result of a bet:

"Bet you a buck we we can get them to believe a white case would break the camera."
  9.    #9  
    And yet, you've been able to buy a White iPhone 4 kit from that kid for the last six months, who gets them from the Foxconn factory, without any issues.

Anyways, anyone still waiting for a white iPhone 4 needs to get a life. Just wait another four months for the iPhone 5, which hopefully won't have antenna issues.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!