Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Today's Amazon Deal of the Day is a treadmill with a 10-inch touch screen, web browser, etc. As I was reading the description, it said the following:

• 10-inch full-color touch screen with browser powered by Android

I'm not sure what the underlying OS for the entire system is, but I thought it was curious that the browser was "powered by Android."

You think HP will bring out WebOS powered treadmills?

LINK
    Why not just make it an android powered chair.. As you won't get much running on that thing.. Lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Why not just make it an android powered chair.. As you won't get much running on that thing.. Lol

Can I multitask while sitting in an Android-powered chair?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Can I multitask while sitting in an Android-powered chair?
    As long as you're using your pre or another webOS device, yes. Yes you can.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    They were initially building this powered by webOS but kept getting a "Too Many Miles" error after they ran a couple of miles in testing. They mentioned something about fixing it by "upping the speedometer".
    I also find it interesting that there is a "treadmill" post in "Other Handelds".
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I also find it interesting that there is a "treadmill" post in "Other Handelds".
    George Jetsons' briefcase?

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Ha ha, yes, I just noticed that. I originally posted this in "Cross-Platform", but it must have been moved by a moderator...or I made a mistake when posting it.
    They were initially building this powered by webOS but kept getting a "Too Many Miles" error after they ran a couple of miles in testing. They mentioned something about fixing it by "upping the speedometer".
    They could hang a clock over the chair. Oh wait, no, then it would be under-clocked. And we all know how well that works out...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Am I the only one who feels Android to be somewhat 'cheapened' by the fact that anyone can just about slap it on anything nowadays? I'm sure its not long before we see an Android powered diabetes meter. Maybe an electric toothbrush somewhere down the pipeline.

Here's hoping webOS doesn't end up on a toaster.
    Last edited by jetsetter883; 01/30/2011 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    Am I the only one who feels Android to be somewhat 'cheapened' by the fact that anyone can just about slap it on anything nowadays? I'm sure its not long before we see an Android powered diabetes meter. Maybe an electric toothbrush somewhere down the pipeline.

Here's hoping webOS doesn't end up on a toaster.
    I think that's part of the point of Android.

BTW, an Android-powered diabetes meter with near field communication would be pretty useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Ha ha, yes, I just noticed that. I originally posted this in "Cross-Platform", but it must have been moved by a moderator...or I made a mistake when posting it.
    Yeah, I think a mod moved it. I just found it funny.