Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The competition: Blackberry Playbook Shipments to start early February 2011. HP webOS swipes on it ?

Quanta Taiwan manufacturer of the RIM´s Blackberry Playbook is reporting a monthly production between 150.000-200.000 units reaching an economic scale, meaning , that the manufacturer has reached a reduction in cost per unit resulting from increased production . In other words they realized operational efficiencies.

That is good for them.

The Blackberry Playbook publicly has borrowed, copied or stolen all the swipe features of the HP Palm webOS software , feature showed on all RIMs demos of the device.

I don´t know if HP is going to do something like confronting a legal battle with RIM for that patent and if RIM licensed the patent. ?

The fact is the Playbook is coming before the PalmPad (Topaz or Touchpad) scheduled for March or early 2Q 2011.

If the RIM´s device will come with the swipes feature .How will this Playbook February launch affect to the Palm Pad after demand? Is this the only feature copied of HP webOS?

Source: Monthly production of RIM PlayBook tablets in full swing
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    The competition: Blackberry Playbook Shipments to start early February 2011. HP webOS swipes on it ?

Quanta Taiwan manufacturer of the RIM´s Blackberry Playbook is reporting a monthly production between 150.000-200.000 units reaching an economic scale, meaning , that the manufacturer has reached a reduction in cost per unit resulting from increased production . In other words they realized operational efficiencies.

That is good for them.

The Blackberry Playbook publicly has borrowed, copied or stolen all the swipe features of the HP Palm webOS software , feature showed on all RIMs demos of the device.

I don´t know if HP is going to do something like confronting a legal battle with RIM for that patent and if RIM licensed the patent. ?

The fact is the Playbook is coming before the PalmPad (Topaz or Touchpad) scheduled for March or early 2Q 2011.

If the RIM´s device will come with the swipes feature .How will this Playbook February launch affect to the Palm Pad after demand? Is this the only feature copied of HP webOS?

Source: Monthly production of RIM PlayBook tablets in full swing
    Who had swipe before Palm....
    Every company build up their copyright and it's all about who has more copyright than other. Like initial Android, they didn't put pinch and zoom, but Palm Pre did. But Apple never sue Palm for the pinch and zoom because Palm has tons of copyrights that I am sure Apple copied it from. So it's just wasting time to sueing each other. So if HP sued Blackberry for the swipe card, I am sure Blackberry has something to sue against HP.
    Bb reps are referring to their Playbooks operating system as a web OS. 'nuff said

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Bb reps are referring to thr Playbooks operating system as a web OS. 'nuff said

Are they really? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Are they really? lol
    He has to put up with them all the time, he should know.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Are they really? lol
    Yes! I've heard this from quite a few rim reps.. I was going to burst out laughing, asking where they got that term from

Yes! I've heard this from quite a few rim reps.. I was going to burst out laughing, asking where they got that term from

Hahahaha! They liked it so much that they even stole the name???
    You guys do realize that webOS is not the first web OS, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    in the context here, especially given the ui, it is.
    Lol.. He didn't say a web based os .. He said a web os.. While he may have implied the former , it's still pretty funny considering everything else that was taken from webos

Do you not know where Palm got the concepts for webOS? webOS is but another web OS.
    Do you not know where Palm got the concepts for webOS? webOS is but another web OS.
    Yes, and palm has stated that it an os based on web technologies, show me where rim stated the same

Yes, and palm has stated that it an os based on web technologies, show me where rim stated the same
    Uhm...
    Bb reps are referring to their Playbooks operating system as a web OS. 'nuff said
    They are totally not stealing the name. Remember, it is HP webOS now, not webOS.

Swiping and cards were in beta in early 2008 and finally released in the Android 1.0 browser in September, 2008.

Google will not take legal action against RIM because while there are trademarks and copyrights, Google made Android Open Source. Google has taken no action against unlicensed Android tablets.

I don't remember seeing swiping or cards used like this prior to Android in 2008.

To hear where swiping and cards are headed, watch Engadgets's half-hour long interview with webOS UI designer Matias Duarte. While Duarte had a hand in Gingerbread and shaped Honeycomb, his next full generation will be Ice Cream later this year.

RIM copied Duarte's work. HP got Palm. Google got Duarte.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/30/2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Umm in browser??? That's your argument?? Apple had that in 2007 ... But we are talking OS wide... It's the cards throughout the OS that gave birth to gestures.. Not a little x to close a page..

Uhm...
    I knew you would try and dbl quote me.. But did you read...

Lol.. He didn't say a web based os .. He said a web os.. While he may have implied the former , it's still pretty funny considering everything else that was taken from webos

Umm in browser??? That's your argument?? Apple had that in 2007 ... But we are talking OS wide... It's the cards throughout the OS that gave birth to gestures.. Not a little x to close a page..

You're interpretation is sketchy, so is your time line.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    You're interpretation is sketchy, so is your time line.
    Please explain where I'm wrong..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast