Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Google is having an event on Feb 2. It will be an in-depth look at Honeycomb, Android ecosystem news and hands-on demos.

Google announces Android event for February 2nd
  2. Evansgw
    Annoying.

I hope HP blows them out of the water on the 9th.
    That's great! February is going to be an amazing month...

So this makes HP 4th in line as far as February events go? Seems like everyone is trying to steal their thunder. Lol

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    We could see that coming since CES. The tablets are supposed to come when? In March?
    HP will need to be "cool enough" to stand its ground against all of this innovation and the Verizon iphone in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    We could see that coming since CES. The tablets are supposed to come when? In March?
    HP will need to be "cool enough" to stand its ground against all of this innovation and the Verizon iphone in the background.
    So far, we have the following events confirmed:
    - Google (Feb 2)
    - Apple (Feb 2)
    - Sprint (Feb 7)
    - Dell (Feb 8)
    - Hp (Feb 9)
    - Samsung (Feb 13)
    - Mobile World Congress (Feb 14-17)

Is HP going to be able to stand out in this flood of new announcements and info?

Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/28/2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: added more events
    Yea, it's almost like HP should have waited for the last minute to announce their February 9th event.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Man, iphone, Atrix, Android in general, all before HPs announcement. HP is probably ****ed EDIT pi sed. Would've been nice for them to have their event today or monday or whatever. Boo
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    What's with everyone picking the week of Feb. 2nd-9th to make an announcement? I bet Monday we'll hear that Apple will also be making an announcement Feb. 9th.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    <<thread merged>>
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    So far, we have the following events confirmed:
    - Google (Feb 2)
    - Sprint (Feb 7)
    - Dell (Feb 8)
    - Hp (Feb 9)

Is HP going to be able to stand out in this flood of new announcements and info?

Don't forget iPhone pre-order for Verizon customers on Feb 3rd and iPhone for Verizon general release on Feb 10th. Also MWC starts on Feb 14th.
    every time I come online there is another event. I think it's too much for one week. However, since HP is last if they can outshine the rest it would be a great move.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Don't forget iPhone pre-order for Verizon customers on Feb 3rd and iPhone for Verizon general release on Feb 10th. Also MWC starts on Feb 14th.
    Yea... I actually feel really bad for HP. I hope they announce some AMAZING products. They kinda have to at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Feb 9th, all the tech webSites and few of the mainstream talk about the new announcement from HP. However, on Feb 10th, every one of the website will talk about new Verizon Iphone on front news. And next few days, all the tech website will compare with ATT and verizon Iphone. Too bad for HP, they just picked the wrong day to announce.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Feb 9th, all the tech webSites and few of the mainstream talk about the new announcement from HP. However, on Feb 10th, every one of the website will talk about new Verizon Iphone on front news. And next few days, all the tech website will compare with ATT and verizon Iphone. Too bad for HP, they just picked the wrong day to announce.
    I do agree the Verizon iphone is going to dominate every website's front page for at least a few days. Then MWC will begin and HP will probably be in the shadows again...

This turned out to be terrible timing for HP.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    It wouldn't be so bad if HP said "we have this phone out TODAY". That would make for some cool comparisons. Oh well. It does smell of some corporate shenanigans, the dates are too close to be anything else. In any event, who thinks HP should've just gone to CES, eh? Eh? (probably just me). Let's hope they don't shoot their wad.

PS for those who think it's perverted, it's not...Answers.com - What is origin of the idiom shoot the wad
    If you have to explain why something is not perverse you failed

They should just change it to Feb 1st!
    Maybe Phone and tablets will be avail the 24th feb before everyone.
    Most excited for HP still.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    <<thread merged>>
    Just curious, why did you delete one of my posts when you merged. Was it accidental? On purpose?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    If you have to explain why something is not perverse you failed

They should just change it to Feb 1st!
    Maybe Phone and tablets will be avail the 24th feb before everyone.
    Most excited for HP still.
    I'm just treading lightly cause my posts get deleted sometimes and I don't want some of the mods to cut for language. FOF
    It's good everyone is trying to preempt HP. It means they're afraid.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    That's a nice way of looking at it :-) Of course, that lays creedence to the possibility that through corporate espionage other companies were able to find out what was going to be released so as to be afraid in the first place. Unless, however, you think they would be afraid of HP simply for the sake of HPs marketing
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast