Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Folks, remember, HP is NOT Palm. So its not as big of a deal other companies are making announcements prior or after HP in their efforts to steal thunder and stay relevant. We could also say the other companies not announcing on 2/9/11 will have their thunder stolen.

Remember when HP stepped to the plate and gobbled up other companies and that one company during the bidding war with Dell, this is an example of how they will strategically move forward with their plan, no matter who is having what, when where and how. They have the resources and clout to lay the wood, as long as they bring great hardware to support the best OS in the world.

Unlike what we have come to expect from Palm, this will NOT be the case with HP and the CEO confirmed that. Over the past 3yrs I would compare Palm to a 3rd world country trying to compete with a major power (Apple, RIM, MS and Google). After the super-power (HP) decided to make Palm the 51st state, it is now a different entity competing with the Apples, Googles, etc. So, after 2/9/11, I think we will look back on this lead-up and talk about the greatness of HP.

HP will continue to force innovation, etc b/c they are committed to webOS and the endless opportunities it presents, so I ask my fellow webOS ethusist and others to relax and enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 01/28/2011 at 08:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    @RoverNole Ok. True. HP will innovate but they can innovate all they want if I got an Atrix IN my hand :O. We'll see what the timelines are from the other events but I know iphone=out, atrix = out (at Costco too!), Motorola=out super soon afterwards, sprint's announcement probably out immediately. So, that leaves iphone 5, RIM Playbook, other RIM phones, and new ipad2, oh and webos phones and pad competing
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    @RoverNole Ok. True. HP will innovate but they can innovate all they want if I got an Atrix IN my hand :O. We'll see what the timelines are from the other events but I know iphone=out, atrix = out (at Costco too!), Motorola=out super soon afterwards, sprint's announcement probably out immediately. So, that leaves iphone 5, RIM Playbook, other RIM phones, and new ipad2, oh and webos phones and pad competing
    @Rkguy that fine, and I would say enjoy your new devices. Again, HP is focused on its roadmap and is confident in what it will be able to accomplish.

Just b/c the big 3 automakers controlled that industry for awhile, it didnt deter other companies to fold tent and give up. Trust me, a company like HP has run the numbers and studied this thing from every angle possible, and we have not seen what HP vision is, unlike those companies you mention above, so stay tuned!

For what its worth, I think many of those companies/devices are great, but I think webOS is the greatest, so I am willing to see what 2/9/11 and beyond brings us.

Its like vehicles, I like many of them and they are great, but when/if given a choice, I will continue to drive a Range Rover, since I think it is the greatest. HP is starting with a market share of what, 1%, so they have nowhere to go but up.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 01/28/2011 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    So far, we have the following events confirmed:
    - Google (Feb 2)
    - Sprint (Feb 7)
    - Dell (Feb 8)
    - Hp (Feb 9)

Is HP going to be able to stand out in this flood of new announcements and info?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Your forgot Apple news launch Feb 2, Sprint 9th, Verizon Iphone launch, Samsung 13th...who's next?

Sfm Evo
    That's great! February is going to be an amazing month...

So this makes HP 4th in line as far as February events go? Seems like everyone is trying to steal their thunder. Lol

These companies are AFRAID of what HP will do. Never before have so many companies tried so hard to jump in front of another companies announcement.
    Don't worry folks, HP knows what they're doing. Plus on March 14th, Leo Apotheker will reveal his plans & vision for HP & webOS. I'm sure his vision looks something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Don't worry folks, HP knows what they're doing. Plus on March 14th, Leo Apotheker will reveal his plans & vision for HP & webOS. I'm sure his vision looks something like this.

So far, we have the following events...
    - CES (Jan 10-16, 45 phones and tablets introduced)
    - Macworld (Jan 27-29)
    - Google Event (Feb 2)
    - Apple iPad 2 (Feb 2)
    - Verizon (Feb 3, iPhone pre-orders)
    - Sprint Magic Event (Feb 7)
    - Dell (Feb 8)
    - HP (Feb 9)
    - Verizon (Feb 10, iPhone event)
    - Samsung (Feb 13)
    - Mobile World Congress (Feb 14-17, Samsung Tab 2, Galaxy S2)
    - CTIA (Mar 21-24)
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/29/2011 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    These companies are AFRAID of what HP will do. Never before have so many companies tried so hard to jump in front of another companies announcement.
    Yes, of course. No one's trying to announce before MWC or anything. The industry is quaking at what HP will do.....riiiiiight.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Am I the only one sick of announcements. Enyo, webOS2.x, even computer are all great but I bought my sprint pre on day 10 and have been waiting thinking hey it's around the corner. My phone will do flash before everyone else too.

I downgraded to a pixi bc of hardware unreliability and because of the keyboard. Sure maybe HP will be the bees knees in a year but I've passed some opportunities to enjoy other devices because I bought into the hype and the just around the corner that Ruby has been saying.

HP would do well to give us beta testers a break on upcoming devices such as priority access because as you read here in the forums HP may be having a problem getting a CMOS chip through their supply chain. Oops another pushback.

EDIT: Cleaned up. Too much of a rant // I'm just getting impatient

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Last edited by Rkguy; 01/28/2011 at 10:46 PM.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    - Macworld (Jan 27-29)
    - Google Event (Feb 2)
    - Apple iPad 2 (Feb 2)
    - Dell (Feb 8)
    - HP (Feb 9)
    - Samsung (Feb 13)
    I knew I was missing a few...

I'm excited though! Should be a lot to look forward to.

Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Unlike what we have come to expect from Palm, this will NOT be the case with HP and the CEO confirmed that.
    The CEO confirming it was the biggie. It's nice to know it's not just Rubinstein and Bradley who are excited for webOS. It's nice to know HP won't throw all their cards into the enterprise market. It's nice to know Leo wants to have the cool devices.

All we need is the icing (new phones) on the (tablet) cake.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This is starting to look a "little" like the MS/Zune story...big company backing, lots of money and beautiful software. Except Zunes were built like tanks...I still have and use my 4yr old 80gb daily. I hope for you guys sake that hp will be your big shiny knight in armor that will save the webos day and give you everything you hope for and not disappoint.

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    This is starting to look a "little" like the MS/Zune story...big company backing, lots of money and beautiful software. Except Zunes were built like tanks...I still have and use my 4yr old 80gb daily. I hope for you guys sake that hp will be your big shiny knight in armor that will save the webos day and give you everything you hope for and not disappoint.

Sfm Evo
    I still have the 30gig Zune I got when they first came out. Works flawlessly! Those things are amazingly durable...
    I still have the 30gig Zune I got when they first came out. Works flawlessly! Those things are amazingly durable...
    Had the 30gb sold it for the 80gb.

Although I might not be one of them hp, but consider yourself in the superbowl and you have the ball and there's a lot of webos fans counting on you not to fumble and make the touchdown.

Sfm Evo
    We Missed CTIA!

- Macworld (Jan 27-29)
    - Google Event (Feb 2)
    - Apple iPad 2 (Feb 2)
    - Dell (Feb 8)
    - HP (Feb 9)
    - Samsung (Feb 13)
    - CTIA (Mar 21-24)
    Oops, I posted this in the wrong thread:

I've been to the CTIA show a couple of times. It seems very focused on engineers, and infrastructure. And it's not a really big event, no where near the size of CES. It is not typically an event with lots of big announcements and big splashy events like you would find at CES - which I've also been to several times.

I wouldn't look for anything earth shattering from any phone makers at CTIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Oops, I posted this in the wrong thread:

I've been to the CTIA show a couple of times. It seems very focused on engineers, and infrastructure. And it's not a really big event, no where near the size of CES. It is not typically an event with lots of big announcements and big splashy events like you would find at CES - which I've also been to several times.

I wouldn't look for anything earth shattering from any phone makers at CTIA.
    Surprised? NO!!! You are all over these boards and I don't know how you keep your head from spinning.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It is always spinning
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It is always spinning
    That explained a lot! LOL

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast