Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It looks like AT&T has priced this superphone to move. The high-end market is shaping up to be an epic battle between AT&T and Verizon. One wonders if there is room for a high-end webOS at Verizon or AT&T with the iPhone and a $150-$200 Atrix 4G to choose from.

One can imagine that Motorola and Verizon had some great success with the Droid. Now Verizon is all about their new iPhone 4 and beyond. AT&T needs a new hero smartphone and makes a deal for the Atrix which I'm guessing they will try to brand like the Droid. Instead of spending $100 million on an ad campaign maybe they just decided to lower the price by $50 x 2 million units.

Motorola Atrix 4G apparently priced at $150 by Costco, too -- Engadget

it's got a 960 x 540 display that gives the iPhone 4's pixel density a run for its money, a fingerprint reader, support for 802.11n on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, a ridiculous 1,930mAh battery that dwarfs the average 1,300 to 1,500mAh cell you see in most modern smartphones, HD video capture, and a wild set of peripherals -- HD Dock and Laptop Dock, primarily -- that allow you to use the Atrix in a "webtop mode" that bears a striking resemblance to a desktop operating system
    Last edited by UntidyGuy; 01/28/2011 at 03:11 PM.
    Wow! $150? That's $50-$100 less than I was expecting.
    Wonder how much all the accessories will cost
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'm jealous!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    wow... Feb 9th... lets see what they have lined up! WebOS 2.1 looks good and thats what they have shown us... hopefully the OS has had more time to bake... otherwise with news like this a LOT of people may jump ship(not me) And like Scott says... how much will those accessories be? prob a mint if you ask me.
    Nice price too bad its only available on AT&T. AT&T CEO did say that they will pushing Android Very aggressively while Verizon concentrates on the Iphone... with that said who will be pushing webos devices?

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Wonder how much all the accessories will cost
    $250 car charger!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It looks like AT&T has priced this superphone to move. The high-end market is shaping up to be an epic battle between AT&T and Verizon. One wonders if there is room for a high-end webOS at Verizon or AT&T with the iPhone and a $150-$200 Atrix 4G to choose from.
    AT&T is selling it for the standard $199 that all new smartphones go for. It's only third party resellers who are offering lower rates, and these are for new customers only, I believe.

One can imagine that Motorola and Verizon had some great success with the Droid. Now Verizon is all about their new iPhone 4 and beyond. AT&T needs a new hero smartphone and makes a deal for the Atrix which I'm guessing they will try to brand like the Droid. Instead of spending $100 million on an ad campaign maybe they just decided to lower the price by $50 x 2 million units.
    Actually, there is an ad campaign...it's done by Motorola, and I've already seen the Atrix teasers during the football playoffs. Having to compete against iPhone 4/5/whatever on Verizon, Motorola is very motivated to get their higher-end products out to other carriers in a very visible way. But AT&T isn't doing anything out of the ordinary or taking a loss.
    $250 bucks for a car charger man get real .... that's more than the phone on contract..

Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    $250 car charger!
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    $250 bucks for a car charger man get real .... that's more than the phone on contract..
    Lol for real !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Accessories = BIG MONEY! I expect it to cost a lot, at least initially. Remember the Touchstone? What was that? $50? A simple usb charger at the carrier is $25+? They make a killing. I don't expect this to be any different.
    It could be a great deal

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Lol for real !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You serious? I'd rather be gang raped in prison than pay that much for a car charger. Thats ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Accessories = BIG MONEY! I expect it to cost a lot, at least initially. Remember the Touchstone? What was that? $50? A simple usb charger at the carrier is $25+? They make a killing. I don't expect this to be any different.
    I'm sorry but I can see $50 for a magnetic charger that eliminates me to have to plug the phone in to charge, but $250? Guess I'll have to way for the ebay chinese knock offs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    You serious? I'd rather be gang raped in prison than pay that much for a car charger. Thats ridiculous.
    I think he was just joking. There is no way a car charger would cost $250 lol.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  16.    #16  
    I'm pretty sure you won't have to pay that much for a car charger so you're safe with your selection
    I would gladly pay $250 for a car charger rather than your alternate suggestion...

I also wonder why this has continued to be debated. There is not any source for the price quoted and even if there was one the first thing I would suspect is a typo.
    I'm sorry but I can see $50 for a magnetic charger that eliminates me to have to plug the phone in to charge, but $250? Guess I'll have to way for the ebay chinese knock offs.
    Just a tad bit quick to defend the Touchstone eh? LOL

For the record: I wasn't talking about the joke someone was making about $250 (I assume it was a joke anyway). I was responding to "how much are the accessories gonna cost" post.

I also gladly paid for some Touchstones when I first got my Pre.
  19.    #19  

I searched Amazon and came up empty for a Motorola Atrix but I did find an OEM Car Charger...

Amazon.com: OEM Rapid Car Charger with IC Chip (SPN5400) for AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G MB860: Cell Phones & Accessories

Looks like this uses a typical usb type charger...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast