1.    #1  
    The Blackberry Playbook and QNX-based smartphones maybe able to run Android apps. They may even be certified by Google to have the Android market.

BlackBerry PlayBook and future QNX-based BlackBerry Smartphones to run Android Apps too?!
    this comment said it , well not really the best but you'll get the gist

Blackberry sucks! Now bb want our android apps because everyone know blackberry apps are simple and android & apple apps looks so cool.... Blackberry please be original!!!!!! Now they want iphone apps too?
    they ripped off webOS and are now mooching the Android Market lol..
    I have no problem with that. I don't like closed ecosystems, ideally any app would eb able to run on any platform. It would be great if you didn't have to choose a phone based on it's app store, but rather the features of the phone. Plus, developers win too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    this comment said it , well not really the best but you'll get the gist

they ripped off webOS and are now mooching the Android Market lol..
    I guess they gave up trying to come up with their own ideas lol...
    Did webOS always came out with the tool that can easily port iOS game?
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    If this is true and this works fine, this is genius from BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Did webOS always came out with the tool that can easily port iOS game?
    Huh? Did you mean to say also? Anyways, it's not JUST for porting iOS games. Developers can make their own non-iphone C++ games with the PDK too.

On topic: I found out why BB stole from webOS and now is trying to mooch off of Android. The head person of the Playbook project is Carlos Mencia.
    Why doesn't Google just buy BB?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    couldn't webos emulate android apps somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterj3033 View Post
    I have no problem with that. I don't like closed ecosystems, ideally any app would eb able to run on any platform. It would be great if you didn't have to choose a phone based on it's app store, but rather the features of the phone. Plus, developers win too.
    The problem with that is, developers lose focus. What platform are you really developing for? Each platform has its own unique features; its own flow; its own design; its own guidelines.

Can you imagine what an iOS app would look like on webOS? It would look completely out of place, confusing and to put it bluntly, just wrong.

It's a bad idea, all around.

Games, on the other hand, is a free-for-all. It can easily jump from platform-to-platform. The problem with most applications, it's designed with a platform-specific-UI in mind; not to mention, that each platform has their own interface framework, which is the main hurdle/impossibility (iOS' Cocoa for example).
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The problem with that is, developers lose focus. What platform are you really developing for? Each platform has its own unique features; its own flow; its own design; its own guidelines.

Can you imagine what an iOS app would look like on webOS? It would look completely out of place, confusing and to put it bluntly, just wrong.

It's a bad idea, all around.

Games, on the other hand, is a free-for-all. It can easily jump from platform-to-platform. The problem with most applications, it's designed with a platform-specific-UI in mind; not to mention, that each platform has their own interface framework, which is the main hurdle/impossibility (iOS' Cocoa for example).
    I completely agree. That is why an app is preferred over a mobile friendly site.