Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    Yup....

    didn't think honeycomb was ready...

    thoughts?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Yup....

    didn't think honeycomb was ready...

    thoughts?
    what
  3.    #3  
    I was just surprised it is coming so soon. I can't wait to try it!

    Now HP needs to get palmpad out some time around feb 17th.
  4. #4  
    this is just amazing. If there's one tablet that can replace my ipad, I think that will be Honeycomb tablet. but I heard the price will be around like $700 or $800. I think that's little too much for me.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    this is just amazing. If there's one tablet that can replace my ipad, I think that will be Honeycomb tablet. but I heard the price will be around like $700 or $800. I think that's little too much for me.
    Yeah, the rumor had been $700.

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6. #6  
    They're rushing to get it out before iPad2. I hope it's ready. Motorola gave very limited hands-on with the Xoom at CES and it seemed like it still had some time to go in the slow cooker, so that does seem fast. If you're open minded and in the market for a new tablet, it would definately wait to see all the other good stuff coming this year. But they're enough demand for a real android tablet, that I'm sure sales will fly for it.
  7. #7  
    i need to see more, so far what they show isn't convincing for me.

    HP is said to plan 9" pad in March, I hope they put out 7" at the same time.
  8. #8  
    Everybody is scrambling to get stuff out for Q1 or Q2 at the latest. I highly doubt any of them from the HP Touchpad to the Playbook to the Honeycomb tablets will truly be "ready" on day one. You should see maintenance updates pushed OTA very soon after consumers start using them.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Everybody is scrambling to get stuff out for Q1 or Q2 at the latest. I highly doubt any of them from the HP Touchpad to the Playbook to the Honeycomb tablets will truly be "ready" on day one. You should see maintenance updates pushed OTA very soon after consumers start using them.
    I bet the microphone, music, camera, calendar, and other basic API's will be available at launch.

    If a company released a device without the basic features developers need enabled, you would basically be a beta tester.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I bet the microphone, music, camera, calendar, and other basic API's will be available at launch.
    No doubt. The Xoom is also releasing with the stock Android interface - none of that MotoBlur junk. That means it will be readily upgradeable, like the Nexus phones, as updates are pushed out
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I bet the microphone, music, camera, calendar, and other basic API's will be available at launch.

    If a company released a device without the basic features developers need enabled, you would basically be a beta tester.
    Like we were the beta tester for webOS using Pre and Pre Plus?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    No doubt. The Xoom is also releasing with the stock Android interface - none of that MotoBlur junk. That means it will be readily upgradeable, like the Nexus phones, as updates are pushed out
    don't worry moto said an ota update will add blur (God I hate skins!)
  13. #13  
    Didn't moto also say they will release without support for the micro sd and 4G? The missing 4G will require a hardware update. I can understand this to a point because Big V's LTE won't be ready yet. But what's up with not supporting the micro sd slot until an OTA?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    don't worry moto said an ota update will add blur (God I hate skins!)
    Motoblur coming to Xoom as software update, still considered Google flagship product? (update) -- Engadget

    Update: Motorola reached out to Phandroid to say that, yes, this is a "Google Experience Device" and as such, you should expect the platform and UI to be Google's. Doesn't exactly explain where Nattrass got his talking points, but for now let's call it a strong rebuttal and move on. Certainly we'll have a clearer picture once we can actually try Xoom / Honeycomb out for ourselves.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I bet the microphone, music, camera, calendar, and other basic API's will be available at launch.

    If a company released a device without the basic features developers need enabled, you would basically be a beta tester.
    Like we were the beta tester for webOS using Pre and Pre Plus?
    19 months later and the beta test continues.

    I am sure that Motorola will be shipped products as complete finished products.
  16. #16  
    well, at $700 I don't think very many people would choose the xoom over an ipad. Honeycomb looks nice, but I think the debut should have been a bit more approachable.
  17. #17  
    now I hear it's $800. Macbook Air starts at $1k price, which I think it's over price as well. However, I would rather spend $200 more for Macbook Air than $800 tablet.
  18. #20  
    A couple of weeks ago, they couldn't even show the interface working. a couple of weeks from now, it will be on store shelves? I almost feel sorry for the people who buy them. I hope there is a good return policy.

    I don't think many will bite. I suspect Apple will have an iPad 2 press event by then.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions