Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What worries me more are all that's missing from the Xoom. Maybe things have changed, but that last I read stated that it would not even have access to its sd slot. Why would I buy a device for that much and have to wait for an OTA update just to access my removable media? They also said you'll need a hardware update to get on LTE. So I'm gonna buy this, load up the internal memory (because I dont' have access to the removable mem), configure it the way I want then do without it for an unspecified amount of time as I take it (or mail it) in for a hardware update and hope they don't wipe or copy my personal info. Sounds like a winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    What worries me more are all that's missing from the Xoom. Maybe things have changed, but that last I read stated that it would not even have access to its sd slot. Why would I buy a device for that much and have to wait for an OTA update just to access my removable media? They also said you'll need a hardware update to get on LTE. So I'm gonna buy this, load up the internal memory (because I dont' have access to the removable mem), configure it the way I want then do without it for an unspecified amount of time as I take it (or mail it) in for a hardware update and hope they don't wipe or copy my personal info. Sounds like a winner!
    All of the iPad killers are going to be missing things. Enjoy your BBM without a BB. I'm looking at you, Playbook. Companies were announcing HC tablets without even having HC. It makes perfect sense. Everyone of these companies got ran over by the iPad train without ever seeing it coming. They still haven't fully recovered from the iPhone. Now, the iPad 2 is on the way. They feel like they have to get something, anything out the door before it pulls into the station. This is not the companies putting their best foot forward; this is them running for their lives.
    The fear of the iPad2 onslaught has manufacturers doing really dumb things that are going to alienate customers even more. They're more concerned with getting the device out before the iPad2 announcement because they know if they wait they'll be lost in the Apple media storm. The only reason these tablets are getting the press they're getting now is because of a void of Apple news.

Sent from my grubby hand
    As powerful as the Xoom might be, I can't get past that jumbled mess of a homescreen. Pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    The fear of the iPad2 onslaught has manufacturers doing really dumb things that are going to alienate customers even more. They're more concerned with getting the device out before the iPad2 announcement because they know if they wait they'll be lost in the Apple media storm. The only reason these tablets are getting the press they're getting now is because of a void of Apple news.

Sent from my grubby hand
    That's what HTC is doing with the HTC Flyer.

HTC Flyer Tablet Specs Leak Sounding Sort of Last Gen

I'm waiting for the HTC tablet that have at least the following
    Android 3.0
    7" tablet
    Dual core processor
    Works on the Verizon's LTE and 3G network
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    That's what HTC is doing with the HTC Flyer.

HTC Flyer Tablet Specs Leak Sounding Sort of Last Gen

I'm waiting for the HTC tablet that have at least the following
    Android 3.0
    7" tablet
    Dual core processor
    Works on the Verizon's LTE and 3G network
    Sounds good with the exception of the Verizon part...lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Sounds good with the exception of the Verizon part...lol.
    I was a Sprint customer, but I only had coverage at home and at work, but not at my mom's. With Verizon I have coverage at all three locations.

I do miss the Sprint plans
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post

I don't think many will bite. I suspect Apple will have an iPad 2 press event by then.

Yeh, but not everyone's sitting around waiting to buy a Ipad.
    Needs a WiFi only version on launch or shortly (less than a month) afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Yeh, but not everyone's sitting around waiting to buy a Ipad.
    Those familiar with Apple's product schedule, are. June-July = iPhone. March-April = iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    As powerful as the Xoom might be, I can't get past that jumbled mess of a homescreen. Pass.
    lol wut? Homescreen is completely customizable for the user.

have it blank if you want.

But...but...it's cluttered. Clunky. Wait....what are the other standard anti-Android talking points?

In all seriousness, tho, I'd avoid the Xoom, G-Slate, or any other Honeycomb tablet until Google has a chance to let it bake in the oven a bit more and get some maintenance releases out. Also, I'd like to see which company is going to have the quickest, most regular OS updates or what the update schedule for Honeycomb would be like at all.

As dandbj13 noted above, every company is clearly scrambling to get tablet specific OSes married to hardware to market in Q1, and that can only mean bugs, bugs, bugs.
  13.    #33  
    Nookcolor has it! Android 3.0 Honeycomb SDK preview goes live -- Engadget

:.D $250 for a Wifi bluetooth gpu enabled 800mhz honeycomb tablet :.o

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    But...but...it's cluttered. Clunky. Wait....what are the other standard anti-Android talking points?

In all seriousness, tho, I'd avoid the Xoom, G-Slate, or any other Honeycomb tablet until Google has a chance to let it bake in the oven a bit more and get some maintenance releases out. Also, I'd like to see which company is going to have the quickest, most regular OS updates or what the update schedule for Honeycomb would be like at all.

As dandbj13 noted above, every company is clearly scrambling to get tablet specific OSes married to hardware to market in Q1, and that can only mean bugs, bugs, bugs.
    I'd wait also, just in case the ipad 2 decimates the competition. Wouldn't want to be stuck with a dinosaur.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Those familiar with Apple's product schedule, are. June-July = iPhone. March-April = iPad.
    Yeh, thats still not everyone. Apple products is almost like the Pre I only know one Person with it and she has mine. I don't know anyone with a Ipad period and only my sister has a Iphone.

Sfm Evo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12