1.    #1  
    Why sooo little internal memory? I have 16 apps and my phone is full!

I have been checking which ones can be installed to SD card but there has to be a better way!

help!

Also, any way to control music in notification area? (i use quickdeask+widget now)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    App2sd is free and will tell you which ones can be moved, and any new ones that you download it'll alert you when the download finishes.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I'm using Music Player from the market, so don't get anything from it in the notification area, it also has a nice widget.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post

I have been checking which ones can be installed to SD card but there has to be a better way!
    Which Android is that? Never mind - it doesn't matter - just take it back, it's broken. My Droid X has ~30 third-party apps on it and still has over 6GB of space (plus 11 GB of space remaining on my 32GB micro-SDHC). Those apps take up about 200 MB total.

Also, any way to control music in notification area? (i use quickdeask+widget now)
    Verwon is right, a widget would seem to be a much more efficient way to control music on screen. The notification bar is good if you need to jump directly to the 'Now Playing' page for a song which may have more extensive controls on it than the widget (like scrubbing).
  5.    #5  
    I have the cheapo optimus s.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Yes the lower end and mid range Androids have terrible ROM. Disaster and I discussed the same thing in another thread.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have the cheapo optimus s.
    Say no more - you got what you paid for, unfortunately.
    To note, its a really nice phone....but just know the internal ROM is tiny and you'll have to move apps over often.
    Why sooo little internal memory? I have 16 apps and my phone is full!...
    I have 160 apps and have 100 MB left. One of those apps is the Websters Collegiate Dictionary. Then Kindle, Nook, etc.

What apps did you put on it?

Are you using Apps2SD like Verwon suggested?

How big an SD card are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I have 160 apps and have 100 MB left. One of those apps is the Websters Collegiate Dictionary. Then Kindle, Nook, etc.

What apps did you put on it?

Are you using Apps2SD like Verwon suggested?

How big an SD card are you using?
    You just reminded me, I got in on the half price Amazon GC deal and I'm going to put it towards another SD card. Thanks, Craig.

Sent from my eVo
    The Evo has way more storage than the Optimus.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    You just reminded me, I got in on the half price Amazon GC deal and I'm going to put it towards another SD card. Thanks, Craig.

Sent from my eVo
    What's the Amazon GC deal?
    U can move apps to SD card and u can control your music from the lock screen.. and if that's not enough storage get a another SD card.. SIMPLE ....MAN UP

help!

Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    What's the Amazon GC deal?
    Oh, it's no longer available, but was for getting a gc for half price.

Sent from my eVo
    Oh, it's no longer available, but was for getting a gc for half price.

Sent from my eVo
    What's a "GC"? I'm sure it's obvious but I'm drawing a blank.
    Gift certificate.

Sent from my eVo
    Gift certificate.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    LOL!

Sent from my eVo
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    U can move apps to SD card and u can control your music from the lock screen.. and if that's not enough storage get a another SD card.. SIMPLE ....MAN UP
    Man up?

I RAN OUT on the phone. The SD card space is fine. On my pre plus I have 16GB of space on this I have 148MB new out of box. Thats insane!?

I have 24mb now and have: Angry birds, AppBrain, Beyondpod, Chrome to Phone, Colornote, Dropbox, Facebook, FX camera, goggles, Gmail, sky map,voice, grooveshark, gtunes music, maps, moives, nook, photobucket, Poweramp, pulse, quickdesk, ringdroid, skyfire, soundhound, swype, tank hero, tumble, tune me, tweetdeck. ALL to SD that can go to SD.

This phone is more powerful than the pre (cept GPU) and is limited by the space, just dumb thats all.

Yeah thats minuscule. Heres how my internal memory looks:

But i guess thats reasons why iOS, WebOS and to a weird extent, WP7 use internal memory.

The phones can't be set to download to SD card automatically (which would be nice) because not everyone will have an SD card. Clear why Google made the Nexus S have internal memory instead....they like to give companies examples and ideas for future phones.

Whats nice with rooted phones is you can partition your SD card so the phone sees part of the memory as phone storage instead of external.