Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  2. #2  
    Ha ha - that video looked like a bear trying to use the phone with a big fat paw swiping across the screen with varying results.
  3. #3  
    That thing is all over the place. I don't even know whats going on. lol. Do you REALLY have to use all your fingers like that or can you just use two. You are right, very ugly.
  4. #4  
    Its beta testing. For phone, i think it should be left or right swipe while holding the home button to which apps. Up swipe withhome button for fast app switcher
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Its beta testing. For phone, i think it should be left or right swipe while holding the home butto to which apps.
    But if you hold the home button down, doesn't it activate the voice command? That would be a better way of handling it though.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    But if you hold the home button down, doesn't it activate the voice command? That would be a better way of handling it though.
    Does it? Idk, i dont have an iphone lol
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Does it? Idk, i dont have an iphone lol
    Me neither. I just know a lot of people with iPhones. Most of them don't even know about that feature. lol
  8. #8  
    For some reason, that video makes me think of Eartha Kitt in "Boomerang" saying "Marrrrcus" but with a cat-like clawing gesture in mid air.
  9. #9  
    I've read several reviews of the Pre that have criticised its gestures as being unintuitive. I wonder how those same reviewers will react to this. My guess is that they will declare it to be truly magical and ask why it is that only Apple can create such a simple UI.
  10. #10  
    Any gesture that requires 2 hands to perform is inappropriate for a phone. That gesture of one hand gripping and 4 fingers of the other hand dragging is only 1 thumb (and 10 toes?) short of being utterly ridiculous.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I've read several reviews of the Pre that have criticised its gestures as being unintuitive. I wonder how those same reviewers will react to this. My guess is that they will declare it to be truly magical and ask why it is that only Apple can create such a simple UI.
    Lol
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I've read several reviews of the Pre that have criticised its gestures as being unintuitive. I wonder how those same reviewers will react to this. My guess is that they will declare it to be truly magical and ask why it is that only Apple can create such a simple UI.
    It works nicely on a larger surface. I use four-fingers to switch between apps on my MBP. But it just looks ridiculous on a small device.
  13. #13  
    I concur. Doesnt look comfortable in the least.
  14. #14  
    I just made the same motions on my phone. Not fun at all. lol
  15.    #15  
    Its beta testing. For phone, i think it should be left or right swipe while holding the home button to which apps. Up swipe withhome button for fast app switcher
    I don't think so, apple has been patenting the 3 and 4 finger gestures and the rumors are that they are going to get rid of the home button in the next iteration.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I don't think so, apple has been patenting the 3 and 4 finger gestures and the rumors are that they are going to get rid of the home button in the next iteration.
    Is the rumor saying they are getting rid of the button and not having anything there. Or replacing it with a gesture area like the Pre Plus?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I don't think so, apple has been patenting the 3 and 4 finger gestures and the rumors are that they are going to get rid of the home button in the next iteration.
    I havnt read any evidence behind those rumors exept that ios beta 4.3 is testing these gestures.
  18. #18  
    Maybe apple had that posted so they could get feedback from the webOS community on how it should really work?

    But seriously, that looks even harder to do if you can't hold it in your left hand.
  19. #19  
    The iPhone is a 4-finger phone.

    Huh?

    I'd cut off 4 fingers to swipe that!
    I see pandas.
  20. #20  
    Apple has already made it clear to developers that these gestures won't be in the final release. They're making them available to developers to get feedback on certain things.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions