Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Go and read the main WebOS forum, it's a new limit set by HP/Palm for 'performance' issues and has been confirmed with them, if you wipe or change your phone, the new limit comes into place, until you do that you'll be able to see more than three months into the future.
    I'm not gong to sort through tons of information, but do you not see what I just posted?

My phone was wiped Saturday night. I'm able to see three months (and beyond) with no issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Having spent a few years in the IT/Healthcare field, I'd say there are several government regulations (HIPAA) to overcome before you start being able to access your health data from cloud storage.
    They are working on it. Google Health I even use an app on my Evo that has the option to post calorie burn information there.

Healthcare providers may be able to do this, but they will be heavily regulated, and closely watched, systems.
    Yeah, they've started. I know Kaiser offeres a pretty nice system. As you've said, it is regulated and requires some extra steps for things like recovering a lost password or viewing a family member's records, etc. No public API that I know of (haven't looked). So yeah, this kind of thing is well on it's way.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'm not gong to sort through tons of information, but do you not see what I just posted?

My phone was wiped Saturday night. I'm able to see three months (and beyond) with no issue.
    Well you must have a magic palm then as HP/Palm themselves say that this is no longer possible.

Calendar sync limits are noted below:

Google accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    Yahoo! accounts sync events one month back and three months forward.
    Exchange accounts sync events two weeks back and unlimited forward.

NOTE: If you had an account on before these limitations were put in place your device would not be held to the same limitation, however if you delete and re add the account then you would.
    Ah, I see where the confusion is - it's "account" rather than device - same point stands, for me as a new customer, it's not an attractive offering.
    We were talking different issues. Yes, I can take some information that someone else gives me, and put it somewhere else (including the cloud). That's not quite what I was talking about, and I don't really consider that cloud storage of health records.

When my doctor orders a catscan, the radiologist sits at home and views the data to make a report, the doctor, from his office, reads that report, then updates my medical history, all on the same data source - that's the type of "cloud storage" for healthcare I'm talking about. We're not there yet, but it's coming. Lots of hurdles to overcome, but it's coming.
    You are correct. But the point is that is were google health is trying to go.

From their site:
    You can store as much or as little information in Google Health as you want. It's up to you. You can store wellness data, medical records, or both in Google Health including personalized wellness goals around weight or exercise as an example, or more traditional medical history such as your medications, allergies, procedures, immunizations, conditions, health insurance information and test results. You can enter any of this information on your own, or you may be able to import your medical information from a list of Google Health integrated partners such as hospitals, retail pharmacies or laboratories. You can also set personal health and wellness goals in Google Health and track your progress with personal notes. And remember that Google uses sophisticated security measures to help keep your information safe and secure.
    That's one of the problems with relying on 2nd/3rd hand information. Folks read something wrong, adopt it as fact, and run with it.

The "3 month limit" simply doesn't exist.
    Not quite 2nd/3rd hand information I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Calendar sync limits are noted below:

Google accounts sync events one month back and two months forward.
    Yahoo! accounts sync events one month back and three months forward.
    Exchange accounts sync events two weeks back and unlimited forward.

NOTE: If you had an account on before these limitations were put in place your device would not be held to the same limitation, however if you delete and re add the account then you would.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's a limitation that we have set to improve performance.

And one of the places it's documented is here
    Palm Support : Some of my calendar information is missing
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Not quite 2nd/3rd hand information I'm afraid.
    I think we're confused on terms. If you heard it from HardBeatz, then passed it on, that's 2nd hand.

If I read it from HardBeatz, and assume it's true, I'm relying on second hand information.

If I try it myself, and it proves to be true, that's first hand.

Just want to make sure we're on the same page on terminology.

BTW, I've tried this on my device. Have you tried it on yours?

If someone says it doesn't work this way, does that I mean I must stop using it?
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    You continue beta-testing for us and we'll get back to you.
    Having spent a few years in the IT/Healthcare field, I'd say there are several government regulations (HIPAA) to overcome before you start being able to access your health data from cloud storage.
    Herb,

Even your doctor can not access all of your medical records but we long ago started "being able to access your health data from cloud storage." If what you meant to say was that "you are not able to access all of your health data", that is true. But the start began a long time ago.

...When my doctor orders a catscan, the radiologist sits at home and views the data to make a report, the doctor, from his office, reads that report, then updates my medical history, all on the same data source - that's the type of "cloud storage" for healthcare I'm talking about. We're not there yet, but it's coming. Lots of hurdles to overcome, but it's coming.
    '"Cloud storage" for healthcare' is here, right now.

Have you seen the iPad commercial that shows multiple EKG's in real time?

A friend of mine is an OB. One app his hospital is using is AirStrip OB. He can be out, get a text to check a chart, look at the real-time chart the hospital mirrors to the cloud, and compare it to old data.

Hospitals used to call viewing a strip remotely "telemetry". Now they call it iPhone. But more and more it is an iPad.

Hospitals already real-time mirror data off-site into the cloud and have forever. For years, doctors could look at strips and charts from a home PC.

The only difference in the past few years is that they can do it from their iPhone and now iPad. The iPad is already replacing the clipboard. That is one of the target markets we will hear about from HP next month.

Patients were able to "...start being able to access your health data" years ago.

- Craig
    I think we're confused on terms. If you heard it from HardBeatz, then passed it on, that's 2nd hand.

If I read it from HardBeatz, and assume it's true, I'm relying on second hand information.

If I try it myself, and it proves to be true, that's first hand.

Just want to make sure we're on the same page on terminology.

BTW, I've tried this on my device. Have you tried it on yours?

If someone says it doesn't work this way, does that I mean I must stop using it?
    C'mon guy. Aren't you trying a bit too hard here? I mean, you've been provided with the link from Palm's (HP's) website. The people that produced the product and are continuing to enhance it are saying that they've made a change and you're arguing with me about it? Strange.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this portion of the thread. I'll continue to comment on other cloud-based posts.
    Last edited by taharka; 01/24/2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    You continue beta-testing for us and we'll get back to you.
    Beta testing? You make a post claiming something is true, I show it's not, and you call that "beta testing"?

How am I "beta testing"? I'm using the device. It works. I understand that some on here that don't use the device desire strongly for it to fail, but that hardly makes it "beta testing"

I really hope this entire forum migrates back to a level of folks that use Palm devices sharing information, and helping each other with issues, rather than a "place to go" for non-Palm users to (attempt) to gloat.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    C'mon guy. Aren't you trying a bit too hard here? I mean, you've been provided with the link from from Palm's (HP's) website. The people that produced the product and are continuing to enhance it are saying that they've made a change and you're arguing with me about it? Strange.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this porting of the thread. I'll continue to comment on other cloud-based posts.
    Strange? Yes, I'm continuing to argue with you about it, because the behavior you're describing isn't happening on my device.

It might be a WebOS 2.x issue.
    It might be a user error.
    It might be confusion of terms (which is what I really expect)

But, please don't tell me I'm not seeing what I'm seeing, or (as someone else has done) tell me I have a "magical device".

That's what's silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Herb,

Even your doctor can not access all of your medical records but we long ago started "being able to access your health data from cloud storage." If what you meant to say was that "you are not able to access all of your health data", that is true. But the start began a long time ago.

Have you seen the iPad commercial that shows multiple EKG's in real time?

A friend of mine is an OB. One app his hospital is using is AirStrip OB. He can be out, get a text to check a chart, look at the real-time chart the hospital mirrors to the cloud, and compare it to old data.

Hospitals used to call viewing a strip remotely "telemetry". Now they call it iPhone. But more and more it is an iPad.

Hospitals already real-time mirror data off-site into the cloud and have forever. For years, doctors could look at strips and charts from a home PC.

The only difference in the past few years is that they can do it from their iPhone and now iPad. The iPad is already replacing the clipboard. That is one of the target markets we will hear about from HP next month.

Patients were able to "...start being able to access your health data" years ago.

- Craig
    I think we're saying the same thing in principle, but conclude with slightly different views.

I understand that some healthcare data is stored in the cloud. I'm also aware of types of PC based applications you're descirbing (I worked for 2 years for a company building radiology servers and setting up doctors to use them at home).

However, I don't consider importing data from one source to another manually, by the end user, to be they type of cloud storage I'm talking about.

If I request (manually) the information from one source, then upload it a source I control, then have to go back and request the data again when it's updated at the source, I don't consider that cloud storage. Hope you see the difference.

Again, I think the real-time online updates (in healthcare as well as some other industries) I'm talking about are coming, but they're just a bit down the road.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234