Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    according to 9 to 5 mac apple is planning to announce the ipad2 on feb 9th, same day as our announcement.

just when I thought I couldn't hate apple more.....
    link or it didn't happen
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    http://www.9to5mac.com/48264/apple-t...n-february-9th

It's a hunch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    What a stupid hunch...guess they get 12 tries at being right though.
    If its true, id say maybe apple feels threatened by hp?
    First Dell, now Apple?! People are really feeling the heat by HP Palm that bad?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    What a stupid hunch...guess they get 12 tries at being right though.
    +1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Come on, guys. EVERYBODY - Sprint, Dell, Apple, HP - is scrambling to get specific announcements out prior to MWC. No one is "fearing" HP, nor should HP "fear" any of these others. Each of these players' material plans for the next 12 months is pretty much baked into the cake.
    Maybe its March 9th.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    When you deal with people like Apple, they're not scared of a whole lot. They're in their own little elitist world. If the iPad 2 does come out on Feb 9th, its a great business move on their part to get all the attention back on them, but that doesn't make them scared.
    Well, it's just a rumor. Even if it's true, I think it would be HP that would be scared. Apple has an almost guarantee that the next iPad will sell millions. If it's true, I'd say they are simply using that "almost certainty" to compete with everyone else. They are going to get the same results regardless of when they schedule their event because that particular product line has proven itself to be very successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    This makes me think Apple might be a little scared
    Naw, this is Apple trying to distract folks from HP's first attempt at a big public announcement. It will probably have the desired effect too.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    If its true, id say maybe apple feels threatened by hp?
    This is Apple's modus operandi. I'm guessing no one here remembers Apple's original iPhone announcement. It took place over in San Fran concurrently with the third day of Las Vegas' CES. It completely took the wind out of CES' sails with all the pre-announcement hype. Looks like Apple might try to do that again here. They're simply trying to welcome HP into the portable consumer device market in a way that only Apple can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    This is Apple's modus operandi. I'm guessing no one here remembers Apple's original iPhone announcement. It took place over in San Fran concurrently with the third day of Las Vegas' CES. It completely took the wind out of CES' sails with all the pre-announcement hype. Looks like Apple might try to do that again here. They're simply trying to welcome HP into the portable consumer device market in a way that only Apple can.
    lol, well said.
    this would hurt from a coverage standpoint but shouldn't matter in terms of specs. If a company like HP can't predict what its competitors are going to do and match it they're in more trouble than I thought.
    Last edited by pavvento; 01/20/2011 at 02:15 PM.
    calm down, boys and girls

From BGR:

UPDATE: BGR reader Tim points out that the the current publicly available iOS software on the iPad also shows a “9″ on the iPad’s calendar icon when you change the wallpaper. As such, we can safely call this rumor debunked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Naw, this is Apple trying to distract folks from HP's first attempt at a big public announcement. It will probably have the desired effect too.
    Why would Apple care about the announcement, unless they were "scared", at least a little?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Come on, guys. EVERYBODY - Sprint, Dell, Apple, HP - is scrambling to get specific announcements out prior to MWC. No one is "fearing" HP, nor should HP "fear" any of these others. Each of these players' material plans for the next 12 months is pretty much baked into the cake.
    Who was the first to announce an event? HP. Who follow after? Sprint (although they do sell the phones, so they're not really that much of a threat), then Dell, and now reportedly Apple. HP set the stage for everyone making big announcements in the same couple of days.
    I think an announcement on the 9th by apple would actually aid HP.

apple will get mainstream press the day they announce ipad2, if HP announces their tablet the same day, those same media outlets will inevitably include them in the write-ups.

apple purposefully schedules there events so that they have the full attention of the media, they don't want to get lost in the din of CES.

HP is trying the same, but don't have apples media sexy headline maker thing going on, apple scheduling an announcement the same day would be a blessing really, apple would have to share the spotlight
    There are four lights.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast