1.    #1  
    Does anyone using either an Android or iPhone know of a similar app/patch that can bypass the Exchange requirement for a PIN entry?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Does anyone using either an Android or iPhone know of a similar app/patch that can bypass the Exchange requirement for a PIN entry?
    Why? The whole point of those requirements is to help your company email remain secure - that's why they are required in the first place...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Why? The whole point of those requirements is to help your company email remain secure - that's why they are required in the first place...
    Rather than getting involved in a lengthy and unproductive discussion about it, I'll refer you to whoever made the patch (I believe it was Jason) and only comment that if someone didn't see a need for it, it wouldn't exist.
    PIN Bypass = must have patch for me.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    That patch is a must-have for me also. My company recently began forcing a PIN lock in Exchange, and the patch has proven incredibly useful. I'm sticking with WebOS for now anyway, but if I were to ever think about switching to iOS or Android this would be a huge issue. I'd be interested to know if either of those platforms have a way to bypass the PIN lock.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    i started using "exchange touchdown". there should be two programs on the android market. one is a trial for 30 days. still trying it out, but it allowed me to keep my unlock pattern and not have to use a pin. it did ask to create a pin when i initially set up the email account on my phone, but it never required me to input a pin to unlock/check my work email.