Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Same here, I had to use my Pre yesterday to export my podcasts to .xml. Back swiping seems so foriegn and awkward to me now. There are touches from webOS I miss (mostly because webOS is currently built around having a physical keyboard where Android is built for slabs (so lots of scrolling! ugh!)). But nothing that will have me looking back. What I will never give up on are the wealth of options available in Android. I mean you can make an android phone YOUR phone, not just is appearance, but in functionality It can be as simple or complex as you want. When I got my Pre, I thought this is cool, can't wait until they let me define my own gestures and place cards where I want them. Never happened. Stacks are coming, but its far enough. I want to be able to place, resize, and create decks of my own choosing and be able to zoom out and see 16 stacks if I want. Maybe that'll come in 3.0. That's when i'll think coming back to webOS.

I do want to see webOS continue to innovate (competition is good and I've owned Palms since the US Robotics days). But they need more than just new hardware, they need to give the user more options, built-in, not with 1000 user patches. In many ways its just as restrictive as iOS, but without the wealth of apps that makes it not matter.
    There's some fluidity with WebOS, but in no way is it 'superior' to Android. After picking up the 'budget phone' Optimus V, I'm shocked at the smoothness and responsiveness that I've been missing out on.

That, and I cut my bill by 66%.
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    There's some fluidity with WebOS, but in no way is it 'superior' to Android. After picking up the 'budget phone' Optimus V, I'm shocked at the smoothness and responsiveness that I've been missing out on.

That, and I cut my bill by 66%.
    In my opinion, the Optimus V on VM's $25/month plan is an amazing deal. Decent little phone on a great plan!

I was actually planning on going that route, but the HTC HD2 caught my eye. I couldn't pass it up.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddkp View Post
    I've had a similar experience. Had my Bell Canada Pre, and loved it. Stopped working from apparent water damage, looked more like the technician sneezed on the water indicator strip. Took on the samsung galaxy s, because of hotspot, sirius radio, google navigation. Lost that phone, took on HTC Desire Z, because of horizontal slider, android 2.2 and HSPA+ (download 7mbit on speedtest)

Miss my Pre.

Loved vertical slider, multitasking cards, small footprint.

But pre doesn't have a good hotspot app, (mine used to overheat), sirius radio, or google navigation

(Did you guys ever get flash?)

I think we can argue features of phone hardware and sofware, but all the phones have strengths and weaknesses, people will favour one or the other. Personally, I'm contemplating having both a Palm Pre 2 and the Android Motorola Atrix. They'll complement the Blackberry Bold I use for work.

Never Apple. Never liked them. Ever.
    first off wow you had alot of recent phones, and bad luck with them sorry to hear homie. Also yeah there is a updated app free tether that was re released and I have to say its better then the mobile hotspot by far. Also dosent overheat my phone at all I get 3g speeds on my HP laptop, and (which i still am testing) it seems that I can take a call and still be connected to the internet still looking into that. Your right though its a preference I myself had a EVo for a few months, and yes that phone is very nice, (it was the 3rd time I ve tried android G1, mytouch) it just isnt for me. I even plussed my sprint pre, and have nooooo regrets. At 1.2ghz I have no hiccups and apps open very fast, just as fast as the Evo I had. Def with new hardware, and updated OS, webos will be a monster. Heres hoping the devos at HP/Palm also just implement most of the patchs these Hombrewers already created, along with the other stuff I think it would make life alot easier. heres waiting for the next Sprint webos device, glad to hear alot of people enjoyed the Webos experiance on here regardless if they stayed, left, or left and came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    In my opinion, the Optimus V on VM's $25/month plan is an amazing deal. Decent little phone on a great plan!

I was actually planning on going that route, but the HTC HD2 caught my eye. I couldn't pass it up.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    hey have you tried the custom Android, or WP7 roms yet on the HD2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    Same here, I had to use my Pre yesterday to export my podcasts to .xml. Back swiping seems so foriegn and awkward to me now. There are touches from webOS I miss (mostly because webOS is currently built around having a physical keyboard where Android is built for slabs (so lots of scrolling! ugh!)). But nothing that will have me looking back. What I will never give up on are the wealth of options available in Android. I mean you can make an android phone YOUR phone, not just is appearance, but in functionality It can be as simple or complex as you want. When I got my Pre, I thought this is cool, can't wait until they let me define my own gestures and place cards where I want them. Never happened. Stacks are coming, but its far enough. I want to be able to place, resize, and create decks of my own choosing and be able to zoom out and see 16 stacks if I want. Maybe that'll come in 3.0. That's when i'll think coming back to webOS.

I do want to see webOS continue to innovate (competition is good and I've owned Palms since the US Robotics days). But they need more than just new hardware, they need to give the user more options, built-in, not with 1000 user patches. In many ways its just as restrictive as iOS, but without the wealth of apps that makes it not matter.
    hey this is the first time Ive heard ideas like the ones you've mentioned you would like to see in webos. I love your ideas by the way this whole part:

When I got my Pre, I thought this is cool, can't wait until they let me define my own gestures and place cards where I want them. Never happened. Stacks are coming, but its far enough. I want to be able to place, resize, and create decks of my own choosing and be able to zoom out and see 16 stacks if I want.

now that would be something, and I assume it could be done hoping people at HP has that same kind of vision you do. Since Webos now def has the money you know.
    WebOS has the potential. I don't know if they're holding back to try and maintain it's elegance, simplicity, and cohesion. It's got so many great things going for it, but its like it's on a short leash.

Sent from my grubby hand
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123