Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I do have to keep pairing them because they are in the same room. The phone automatically pairs with the last device, so I have to un-pair it and pair the new device. Look, you obviously prefer Android, I don't, can we not just agree to disagree?
    All I did was suggest some things to help you with the issues you are having. I didn't realize you were simply stating that you didn't like Android. I switch between two BT devices all the time and it works fine and automatically. Was trying to help you get there, but if that's not what you want, no worries.
    I am very interested in what Hp will have Feb 9th. The only reason I have this Druid Pro is because I've got a lot of travelling to do this year and I need to edit excel files on the road. I never wanted to leave Web's and I miss it so much.

I've been trying to fall in love with Android. I've been trying hard. It's weird. There are more apps. There are widgets I love, but I can't help longing to get back to WebOS.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    In webOS, you would

Swipe Menu --> Bluetooth --> Bluetooth Preferences

You don't have to leave your current app.

A few Android options are:

1. Fast: Add the bluetooth settings icon to one of your home pages. Then pairing becomes
      Home --> Swipe to that page --> Bluetooth
      Downside is that you leave your current app to do this even though it's the same number of steps as webOS.
    2. Faster: Install QuickDesk and add the Bluetooth settings icon to the it. Then paring becomes
      Double Tap Home --> Bluetooth
      A step faster than webOS and you never leave your app.
    3. Fastest: Install SwipePad and add the Bluetooth settings icon to it. Then pairing becomes
      Gesture to Bluetooth
      Much faster than webOS (it's a single fluid gesture) and you never leave your app.
    4. Hot Damn!: Install Tasker and leave bluetooth on. You can probably setup a task that automatically pops up the Bluetooth settings when a new device is detected. How fast is THAT? I haven't tried this so I'm not sure it it will work but I wouldn't be surprised if it did given all that Tasker can do.

Honestly pairing is something I do once per compatible accessory. After that, it automatically selects the device in range. I currently have two accessories paired and have not gone back into the pairing prefs since.
    3. In webOS, you can just put the bluetooth app in the wave bar and it'll be gesture to bluetooth in one motion. I wouldn't be surprised if Swipepad was inspired by wave bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    3. In webOS, you can just put the bluetooth app in the wave bar and it'll be gesture to bluetooth in one motion.
    Good point. Giving up 1 of 4 slots for this is a tiny pain, but it IS the most efficient way to do it on webOS (unless there is patch that can make this even faster).

Edit: I've updated the post to reflect this.
    Last edited by taharka; 01/21/2011 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Swipepad was inspired by wave bar.
    I would be. The Android who post on Droid-Life, A|C and Modaco don't seem to have have much interest in webOS development/features. I can't imagine things are much different at the other Android-centric sites.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I would be. The Android who post on Droid-Life, A|C and Modaco don't seem to have have much interest in webOS development/features. I can't imagine things are much different at the other Android-centric sites.
    You don't have to have interest in webOS development to see a feature you can bring to another OS. The Swipepad dev would obviously be interested in wave bar since it's so similar to their app, whether or not they were inspired by it.
    WebOS is simply more elegant and it takes fewer actions to do simple things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    WebOS is simply more elegant and it takes fewer actions to do simple things.
    I really hope they come out with something good, that you'll like.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Did you have contacts selected in universal search? Its not on by default I believe.

Thats the screen..essentially letting you pick what you want universal search to include.

Contacts and applications will come before google search suggestions:
    Yeah, I'm sorry. I should've been clear about this point. I did have contacts selected. It's just as someone mentioned in this thread, if you type in a contact, it's usually below the virtual keyboard that's up, so you have to get rid of the keyboard to see the contact below. Speaking of contacts, though, I also didn't like how with webOS, all of my contacts' phone numbers were automatically hyphenated, but in Android, it appeared as one long 9-digit number. Looked funky. I know, I know, not a big deal ... just saying.
    Odd, mine are all hyphenated.

Sent from my eVo
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Funny thing is... I bought an EVO off of Craigslist and in the past few days, I have really enjoyed using it. I thought it might be too big, not really. I thought I might miss webOS. I might regret it once 2.0 comes out, but right now... I am very happy with the Evo and Android. I still would switch to a Sprint iPhone if it came out. I very much live in an Apple ecosystem.

But for syncing, I found an app called "Salling Media Sync" for 10 bucks on the Mac App store. (I hate Double Twist.) for music, pictures, and podcasts. Not videos (unfortunately).

Then, again, my iPod Touch has 64GB and I need that space. I can't even afford a 32GB microSD card for the Evo... and I don't think there is a 64GB available... so, it will be my media muscle!
    I've had a similar experience. Had my Bell Canada Pre, and loved it. Stopped working from apparent water damage, looked more like the technician sneezed on the water indicator strip. Took on the samsung galaxy s, because of hotspot, sirius radio, google navigation. Lost that phone, took on HTC Desire Z, because of horizontal slider, android 2.2 and HSPA+ (download 7mbit on speedtest)

Miss my Pre.

Loved vertical slider, multitasking cards, small footprint.

But pre doesn't have a good hotspot app, (mine used to overheat), sirius radio, or google navigation

(Did you guys ever get flash?)

I think we can argue features of phone hardware and sofware, but all the phones have strengths and weaknesses, people will favour one or the other. Personally, I'm contemplating having both a Palm Pre 2 and the Android Motorola Atrix. They'll complement the Blackberry Bold I use for work.

Never Apple. Never liked them. Ever.
    I traveled same road as you guys, I got the Pre the day it came out, I enjoyed it for a while. Then I got the HTC HERO, that was not the best so then I got the HTC EVO and this phone is amazing in speed and screen size, I think all phones should be 4"-4.3", has lots of apps but still I felt I was missing something, true multi-tasking. I then got a RIM 9650 for work purpose but this is the biggest crap around. So I got tired of all these BS smart-phones. I went out and bought ( you guessed it ) Palm Pre, I bought of one of the members here. And now I honestly can say I am really enjoying the phone with multi-tasking, still lacks some apps, but that's not deal breaker. webOS is simple to use and is great, needs more useful apps. I would love to see webOS on a 4" screen this would be ideal. Hope HP has some great news in Feb. When I used the Android phone I always felt something missing, now I know what it is. My wife and son still have there EVO's but already told me if HP comes out with same size webOS they want one. So I think lot of people enjoy the big screen with EVO but the OS is way better then Android and don't get me started on RIM. Cant wait for the webOS 2.0 for Pre, that should hold me over till the new phones come out summer. Hope everyone here is with Sprint for more then 10yrs to get your $150 or have $189 plan, otherwise you wont be able to get the $150. HP has to invest in Apps, useful Apps not just games.

I just a iMac and totally love it, and if iPhone comes to Sprint I would really have to give it some serious thought and iPad so have complete ecosystem, but if it does not then no big deal, will get the new Palm phone with Palm-Pad.

Feb 9 cant come fast enough!!!!!!
    i'm curious... to the OP and others on this thread: when you say that you pick up an Android phone for cheap, how exactly are you doing this? don't you always have to sign up for a new plan when you do that? so, if you were to get a new line in order to get the phone for the subsidized price, aren't you stuck in another 2yr contract? am i missing something? thx.
    Depends how you get the phone. If you get it brand new on subsidized pricing, then yes.

But if you get it from Ebay, Craigslist or etc. then no, you don't have to sign a new contract, just to activate and use a phone.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Depends how you get the phone. If you get it brand new on subsidized pricing, then yes.

But if you get it from Ebay, Craigslist or etc. then no, you don't have to sign a new contract, just to activate and use a phone.

Sent from my eVo
    that's what i figured too, but usually getting a phone from other sources means that you pay almost retail price, not the cheaper subsidized price. i'd love to get an android phone to play with as well, but i can't really justify the costs associated with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    that's what i figured too, but usually getting a phone from other sources means that you pay almost retail price, not the cheaper subsidized price. i'd love to get an android phone to play with as well, but i can't really justify the costs associated with it.
    I've gotten some great phones, before by buying them used, when someone didn't like it or whatever and never had to spend a lot on them.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I've gotten some great phones, before by buying them used, when someone didn't like it or whatever and never had to spend a lot on them.

Sent from my eVo
    as in close to subsidized prices? i must be looking at all the wrong places then lol.
    as in close to subsidized prices? i must be looking at all the wrong places then lol.
    As in usually cheaper. I always used Ebay. This Evo is the first one I bought on contract in years.

Sent from my eVo
    i'm curious... to the OP and others on this thread: when you say that you pick up an Android phone for cheap, how exactly are you doing this?...
    You can get the Cricket Zio for $139 and $55 a month for unlimited everything.

Here are the Sanyo Zio specs:

• Display: 3.5” WVGA
    • Resolutions: 480 x 800 pixels
    • MP3 player, Bluetooth, WiFi, Camera
    • Removable Memory: microSD up to 32GB
    • Less than 1/2" thick

For a single person who wants a little screen, this is a great no-contract option.

If you will have two or more in a family plan, Sprint is almost always cheaper with more options but requires a 2-year contract. The Zio just came out on Sprint a couple of months ago.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/22/2011 at 02:33 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast