Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I called Sprint and they will only offer me one of the following choices:

Another Pre
    Pixi
    Bb Tour
    HTC Hero

I am torn between the Hero and another Pre. I am tired of the hardware issues with the Pre... However, the Hero is almost as old. The phone only has to make it to September when I get my full upgrade. Is the Hero enough to last until September? I am thinking about trying to get Sprint to give me an Optomus S instead of a Hero... The phone landscape will change dramatically between now and September.... I can't wait.
    From what I've heard the Hero is an excellent phone and will probably last until your upgrade.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    get whatever you can sell for the most money. then grab a Pre off ebay and save the difference for the next superphone that makes you drool.
    wait will all sprint stores offer these phones as a replacement?
    If you have had multiple Pre's die, call the Executive & Regulatory Services Dept

They might be able to bring your upgrade date forward.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/17/2011 at 09:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J.bautista23 View Post
    wait will all sprint stores offer these phones as a replacement?
    most likely. I went through dan@sprint.com...
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    From what I've heard the Hero is an excellent phone and will probably last until your upgrade.

Sent from my eVo
    the Hero is a downgrade from the Pre, hardwarewise. It might have less hardware failures, but it has a slower processor and gpu.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin6 View Post
    the Hero is a downgrade from the Pre, hardwarewise. It might have less hardware failures, but it has a slower processor and gpu.
    the pre is 500mhz? not overclocked. the hero is 528mhz. the resolutions are similar. also better camera minus the flash...

i oc'd my pre to 1ghz just to make it usable. i hope i don't with the Hero.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    After reading some really bad reviews of the Hero (recent reviews), I got a new Pre... a brand new Pre in the box. That's the only way I would take one. I guess next would have been a brand new Hero. I was not walking out with a refurb or even an order for a refurb. The tech took care of my needs personally (I will be taking to Mary of dan@sprint.com again, so he made sure I was happy.).

Time to get Preware and UberKernel again and overclock