Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    for the past three hours ive been going through my brothers Blackberry Storm. he died recently and i was copy pictures and whatnot i found and just having a nice "i miss you" moment. until something happened. i dont know what. but something. now, its bricked. copying pics one minute, come back from the grocery store. and its in a boot loop. now the file transfer took less than 10 minutes, so the other two hours and fifty minutes ive been trying to unbrick'' it via "Crackberry.com"... no. lol. thats not possible. screw blackberry. why the hell would anyone want it. ive thrown my pre against my truck in a drunken rage, and it survived. my wife dropped her in that sweet *** southern sweet tea, and it survived. but a simple file transfer, and the Storm is bricked. Jeez, what a crap of a company. sorry, i just wanted to rant... and to tell you guys i think the Palm community is stronger than any other ive seen and i love u guys.
    Last edited by bradenfontaine; 01/14/2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: im drunk
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    woah. that's heavy. Sorry to hear about your brother's passing and your BB woes
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
  4.    #4  
    its odd. the blackberry was the only thing that survived the crash, not a scratch on it. i dont mind talking about it because my wife says it helps. thank you guys for you condolences, the blackberry community was not so kind. i believe the first response after telling my story and asking for help was "not to be rude but we have an excellent search function on the top bar". yeah, *****s. can i say ***** on here? on well. thank you. i just wanted to voice how happy i am with Palm and the Precentral community.

guess i cant say that. sorry admins :/
    Last edited by bradenfontaine; 01/14/2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: clarification
    Sorry for your loss. Truly. I hope you can find the treasure in this time of trial.
  6.    #6  
    sad thing was he was an alcoholic, but when it happened, he was sober as a rock. life's kinda funny sometimes.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    So sorry to read about your brother. I hope you can get help with the Blackberry and find any memories that might be in there.
  8.    #8  
    most of the pics were recovered but does the storm have video? if so i kn ow he loved to record stuff so to be able to get some of that back would be ... i dontknow the words. i have to say it and im sorry if i offend anyone but the berry community is sorry, ignorant, full of them selves, and just plain rude. im so happy my wife and i have our pre+ and pixi's.
    I believe that under such circumstances, ranting is acceptable!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    sad thing was he was an alcoholic, but when it happened, he was sober as a rock. life's kinda funny sometimes.
    Life is definitely unpredictable and difficult to make sense of while we are making our way through.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I believe that under such circumstances, ranting is acceptable!

Sent from my eVo
    much appreciated. im just blown away at the lack of knowledge andrespect the crackberry community has. it makes me so happy i chose palm instead. and i do love everytime u post, always nice to see you and your ever changing avatar. excuse me ive had a few. but either way, does anyone know of anyone else who may be interested in a Blackberry Storm 9530? ill give it away for free and even pay shipping if some use can be made of it. and if any info can be retrieved id pay extra. unfortunately i think there is a password protection and, obviously i cannot ask the password.
    much appreciated. im just blown away at the lack of knowledge andrespect the crackberry community has. it makes me so happy i chose palm instead. and i do love everytime u post, always nice to see you and your ever changing avatar. excuse me ive had a few. but either way, does anyone know of anyone else who may be interested in a Blackberry Storm 9530? ill give it away for free and even pay shipping if some use can be made of it. and if any info can be retrieved id pay extra. unfortunately i think there is a password protection and, obviously i cannot ask the password.
    Thanks and no apologies necessary.

Wish I could help with the BB, but that's one I've never used.

Sent from my eVo
    Sorry to hear about your loss. You can rant all you want. Wish we could help with the BB phone issue.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I've tried to do a little searching, now that I am back on my computer, not sure if there is anything here that will help and you may have already tried it all:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...t-boot-557472/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ple...nymore-191420/

Blackberry storm 9530 wont boot | Get Blackberry Info

Help Please, Storm won't boot. - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
  15.    #15  
    heh, i wouldnt recommend anyone getting a blackberry. the support is a joke and the OS seems so unstable its scary. i was reading what others were having problems with and honestly, a trip to the doctor could fix it. but they have no doctor. its like 3rd world country territory. i just dont get it. all this got dropped on my lap this afternoon. my mom got all of his belongings and saw he had a smart phone and came over to my place and said please, if he has anything on here, pics/vids, whatever, try and get them so we can have one more thing to remember him by. F%#K blackberry.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Here's a link that might unbrick it, I hope.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Best of luck.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    There are some people out there that may be able to recover these data.
    Did you use BlackBerry - Desktop Software for PC the software sync?
    is there a memory card in it? try pulling the card, the movies probably get saved to there.
    also have a look at BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com which i found through http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hel...t-loop-105864/ ...then again, this might wipe the phone.

you may also want to listen to After Death, Protecting Your 'Digital Afterlife' : NPR , but they aren't very sensitive about the topic. The people discuss companies and methods you can use to recover info from flikr email etc. It is a good listen for any of us actually.
    heh, i wouldnt recommend anyone getting a blackberry. the support is a joke and the OS seems so unstable its scary. i was reading what others were having problems with and honestly, a trip to the doctor could fix it. but they have no doctor. its like 3rd world country territory. i just dont get it. all this got dropped on my lap this afternoon. my mom got all of his belongings and saw he had a smart phone and came over to my place and said please, if he has anything on here, pics/vids, whatever, try and get them so we can have one more thing to remember him by. F%#K blackberry.
    Bah! They never appealed to me, anyway.

Even Android makes it easy to recover.

Sent from my eVo
  19.    #19  
    I FOUND THE SD CARD! and recovered everyting he saved to it! so happy now! i did try the 'reloading on a nuked' but it keeps rebooting in the same place and cant stay connected. now that i have what i wanted off of it i may as well just try and unbrick it as a 'hobby'. thank you guys so much. so much more help than those morons over at crackberry.
    That's awesome! Glad to read the good news!

Sent from my eVo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast