Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Good to hear that you were able to do it.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  2.    #22  
    now, if i can get the phone working, i can give it to his daughter, i know it would mean a lot to her.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    That'd be superb!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Glad to hear the SD card is happening.

I just remembered the wife got a BB9650 from Sprint last summer. Never could get work email/calendar to to sync, took it back two weeks later. Looked at all the paperwork that came with the phone, looked all over the BB website. Guess what NO 800# for tech support. Went to Sprint and asked about 800# for BB. They gave me an 800# and it's a "direct" line to Sprint tech support for BB.

So I would recommend going to the carrier that phone is on and get their 800# for BB. The lady I talked to (for 1 hour and no sync) was extremely helpful and qualified. I would bet they could help. Good Luck
  5.    #25  
    no one knows what's wrong with it. They can only guess when he went through the windshield there was some sort of hardware failure. I told them just to donate it to some charity. Oh well. Thank you for the support guys.
  6.    #26  
    and gals.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    and gals.
    Welcome! Sorry you couldn't get it working!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I am glad to hear you were able to retrieve the information. I am soo sorry to hear of your loss and wanted to take a second to say that -- I wish you the best ....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Braden, hope you are hanging in there. Sorry about the BB.

If it helps, I heard God is a big webOS fan, so maybe He gave your brother a Pre2. Or even better, the super device we're gonna get to see on Feb 9th

(I hope I didn't offend, just trying to lighten the mood--if it did, sorry, and I will edit that out of the post. Though when I lost my mom, I thought it helped to joke a bit)
    I am also sorry to hear about your loss.

I was going to mention the SD card thing, but I came in too late. The BB has too little internal memory and I used to put all my content on the card.

Also sorry to hear about the BB. I traded my tour for a pre because of how bad it sucked.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Sorry about your loss.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I FOUND THE SD CARD! and recovered everyting he saved to it! so happy now! i did try the 'reloading on a nuked' but it keeps rebooting in the same place and cant stay connected. now that i have what i wanted off of it i may as well just try and unbrick it as a 'hobby'. thank you guys so much. so much more help than those morons over at crackberry.
    That's great, man, I've been lurking, as I have no knowledge of BB's, but was hopeful you would succeed. My Dad died in late November, (which made for a pretty somber holiday season), and my Pre died the same week, and I have to say I was taken aback but the heartfelt sentiments that came from the folks who frequent this place. The good wishes made a difference.

Reminds me of the old Amiga Forums on CompuServe and Delphi, back in the day.

We may argue, disagree, and talk "smack" at times... but, when push comes to shove, we're human beings, and we're all on the same team.

Here's hoping you're brother is at peace. good luck and enjoy the pics. ;-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12