Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Now that the iPhone is going to Verizon too, there is all this talk about getting rid of the home button, adding gesture controls, and creating a mobile WiFi hotspot. With Apple constantly trying to catch up to Palm/HP, will HP do what it takes to stay ahead of the Fruit Phone?
    As long as they stay focused on the Goal and NOT on Apple than they will
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    HP can start by trying to get a carrier to take one of their smartphones and maybe a tablet.
    You know something about the Feb. 9 event that we don't?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    Now that the iPhone is going to Verizon too, there is all this talk about getting rid of the home button, adding gesture controls, and creating a mobile WiFi hotspot. With Apple constantly trying to catch up to Palm/HP, will HP do what it takes to stay ahead of the Fruit Phone?
    Oh if only HP/Palm had Apple's problems. Lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Oh if only HP/Palm had Apple's problems. Lol
    Exactly!

Sent from my proudly-owned EVO, by way of Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    ...With Apple constantly trying to catch up to Palm/HP, will HP do what it takes to stay ahead of the Fruit Phone?
    Is this a joke? *** does Apple have to catch up with? The return rate of products???
    It's delusion.

Sent from my proudly-owned EVO, by way of Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

I had to check my calendar to make sure today wasn't April 1st. Because you thinking Apple is trying to catch up to Palm/HP is quite the prank. You funny guy.
    Why bashing the op? Apple had to catch up with "multitasking" and claimed they weren't the first but they are gonna be the best.

I predict that within a year all phones will have no home button and some variation of cards, and the users are going to think it's fresh because not too many people have seen webos.

The vast majority of iphone users don't even know their os is outdated. One of them asked me what can my phone do that an her iphone can't do, I tried to explain and she had no clue what I was talking about.

The home button was fine for when the iphone came out but eventually iphone users are going to start to realize that the ios is old amd apple can't afford that. And that sucks for me because I kinda like having a phone that works different from other phones. I remember my touchscreen treo when all my friends had flip phones.
    lol, indeed.

Multitasking is something we all love here. Don't forget there are still people out there who have never had a smartphone, much less thought of multitasking on a phone. I am willing to bet the majority of smartphone owners don't care that they can have X number of apps running at one time, they just want a good user experience. Hell, I know people who are afraid of running more than one application on their PC in fear it may freeze.

Apple has absolutely nothing to catch up with, imo. Every other company on the market has to catch up with the company that has made such a profound name for itself on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Why bashing the op? Apple had to catch up with "multitasking" and claimed they weren't the first but they are gonna be the best.

I predict that within a year all phones will have no home button and some variation of cards, and the users are going to think it's fresh because not too many people have seen webos.

The vast majority of iphone users don't even know their os is outdated. One of them asked me what can my phone do that an her iphone can't do, I tried to explain and she had no clue what I was talking about.

The home button was fine for when the iphone came out but eventually iphone users are going to start to realize that the ios is old amd apple can't afford that. And that sucks for me because I kinda like having a phone that works different from other phones. I remember my touchscreen treo when all my friends had flip phones.
    Please explain to me how iOS is outdated compared to webOS.

I would like real world examples and how it would effect a typical user, not a geek that tinkers with their phone.
    I will try very hard to ignore the flame bait aspect of this thread and treat it like a serious question.

Apple is not trying to catch up to Palm. Apple doesn't even know Palm is there. Apple is trying to unify the iOS and MacOS experience. When Lion is released, this will be even more apparent. The gestures are a step closer to the way gestures work on the Mac. Swiping through cards was an Apple UI in the first place. People ooo'ed and ah'ed when SJ demoed the iPhone for the first time. Google it.

Swiping between open apps in fullscreen mode in the new version of OS X will mirror what you see in iOS 4.3. It has nothing to do with Palm.
    well palm reminds me of sega, and where are they now? i'll tell you where i am, on my evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I will try very hard to ignore the flame bait aspect of this thread and treat it like a serious question.

Apple is not trying to catch up to Palm. Apple doesn't even know Palm is there. Apple is trying to unify the iOS and MacOS experience. When Lion is released, this will be even more apparent. The gestures are a step closer to the way gestures work on the Mac. Swiping through cards was an Apple UI in the first place. People ooo'ed and ah'ed when SJ demoed the iPhone for the first time. Google it.

Swiping between open apps in fullscreen mode in the new version of OS X will mirror what you see in iOS 4.3. It has nothing to do with Palm.
    Please don't confuse popularity with user experience. If Apple doesn't know palm is there then how come at the antenna event Jobs said some companies know how to make software "like palm"

I am not talking about macs, I have never touched a mac. I know that the home button is going away and apple is not going to get left behind. Just like they had no multitasking and then added it.
    Please don't confuse popularity with user experience. If Apple doesn't know palm is there then how come at the antenna event Jobs said some companies know how to make software "like palm"

I am not talking about macs, I have never touched a mac. I know that the home button is going away and apple is not going to get left behind. Just like they had no multitasking and then added it.
    I'm still waiting on your response as to how iOS is outdated compared to webOS with real world examples.
    Are you serious? If you don't know steve jobs and his team knows, just wait.
    Are you serious? If you don't know steve jobs and his team knows, just wait.
    LOL

You make a statement, but can't back it up with facts.

Just another example of the crap that people say on this forum that they just make up with their imagination.

So, I'll ask anyone...

Explain to me how iOS is outdated compared to webOS.

I would like real world examples and how it would effect a typical user, not a geek that tinkers with their phone.
    HP stock closed at $45, Apple stock closed at $345.
    It's not outdated and it will not affect the typical user.

It does exactly what most purchasers expect and want it to do.

Sent from my eVo, via Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    This tread is nothing but bait for a flame war
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast