Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Is this a joke? *** does Apple have to catch up with? The return rate of products???
    I just got back from the Apple store this evening getting my 2nd replacement battery for my MacBook pro (it is an older one w/a removable battery). Previously, I thought I also had a dead speaker, but something else was shorting out the speaker so I had to ship it to CA to get fixed.

I also have an Apple Time Machine (router/storage device) that simply died. When I called tech support, my Time Machine turned out to be from a bad batch. They never bothered w/a recall; I guess they were just waiting to see how many would fail & if we would call in...

Trust me Apple aint perfect, but their service Reps are top notch & I have had great service when things need to be fixed, and they occasionally do need to be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    It's not outdated and it will not affect the typical user.

It does exactly what most purchasers expect and want it to do.

Sent from my eVo, via Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    Now that I think about it, you guys are right. I am gonna bust out one of my old treos. Except for the sorry blazer browser it still does everything I need it to do. Not outdated at all.
    Will Apple Ever Catch Up?

Shouldn't this question be in reverse? Will hp/Palm ever catch up seem more appropriate...Apple currently has nothing to worry about from hp/Palm.

Sfm Evo
    LOL at this thread. I particularly liked the part about iOS being outdated. I wonder if webOS has caught up with WP7 yet. Anyway, thanks for the laughs.
    Joke thread.. It has to be...
    It is high treason to suggest the mighty iphone has any short comings.

How could it. Everybody has one, every bank has an iphone app (free advertising), and everybody wants one (except me). I am going to be looking out for the treason police.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post

How could it. Everybody has one, every bank has an iphone app (free advertising), and everybody wants one (except me). I am going to be looking out for the treason police.
    Shhh I don't want one either.. Nor do I care for one... And the treason police are not Re...

Oh g-d they found me!!! .... Help... What's that? Pruning shears?!? But there aren't any trees around, what are you going to prune..... Ahhhhhhhhhh

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Every OS has its short comings. But this thread is kind of a joke. I think the OP may have made this to start something.

The iPhone, like any piece of tech, most certainly has short comings. Lying and saying that it is outdated is just ridiculous.

And the only thing that seems to be high treason around here is admitting the status quo of webOS.
    Now that I think about it, you guys are right. I am gonna bust out one of my old treos.
    Upgrading from your Pre huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    The iPhone, like any piece of tech, most certainly has short comings. Lying and saying that it is outdated is just ridiculous.

And the only thing that seems to be high treason around here is admitting the status quo of webOS.
    I am not saying the iphone in general is out dated, I am saying the user interface is ready for a facelift and jobs and company are working on it as we speak. It's like dirving a 2011 benz with a 2000 dashboard. Come on now.

and yes, going back to my treo, tired of not having my kinoma to stream whatever I want. See, webos has shortcomings and I can admit it.
    same for evo, droid this, that, and the like. android is the new iphone in terms of 'watch what you say about it to a hardcore fan'.
    I am not saying the iphone in general is out dated, I am saying the user interface is ready for a facelift and jobs and company are working on it as we speak. It's like dirving a 2011 benz with a 2000 dashboard. Come on now.
    Well, you said
    The vast majority of iphone users don't even know their os is outdated.
    So you can understand how I was confused. Thanks for clearing up what you meant.

Also, does that mean webOS' UI is outdated? I mean, the thing was built way back in 2009 and here we are in 2011. As you've said,
    It's like dirving a 2011 benz with a 2000 dashboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    same for the Palm Pre. webOS is the new iphone in terms of 'watch what you say about it to a hardcore fan'.
    There. I fixed it for you.
    ITT: we argue that touching an icon to launch an app is "outdated."
    There. I fixed it for you.
    please. we're too small a group for that. whether or not android fans have surpassed apple fans in the phone superiority wars has yet to be determined, but they are catching up VERY quickly.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arc918 View Post
    HP stock closed at $45, Apple stock closed at $345.
    And that has nothing to do with any of this. And I own both. Berkshire Hathaway traded in the $4000 range when I first bought class B shares, Class A trades in the $120k range. Blockbuster doubled in 2 days, up to about 14 cents. It still has nothing to do with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    This tread is nothing but bait for a flame war
    Exactly!! Most people know even know Palm is still around. Oh, and I traded Palm before the HP deal too. Nothing has anything to do with anything, still.
    ...If Apple doesn't know palm is there then how come at the antenna event Jobs said some companies know how to make software "like palm"...
    When he said "Apple", I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with Jobs. What does Jobs know about "Apple".

When he said "Apple", I'm sure he meant "Apple Fans". They're the ones that don't know Palm is there. After all, you wouldn't catch them religiously following a Palm forum now wou... oh... um ... Never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    LOL

You make a statement, but can't back it up with facts.

Just another example of the crap that people say on this forum that they just make up with their imagination.

So, I'll ask anyone...

Explain to me how iOS is outdated compared to webOS.

I would like real world examples and how it would effect a typical user, not a geek that tinkers with their phone.
    I would like you to explain to me how iOS is better than WebOS.

I don't want real world examples, I want geek information for people that tinker with their phone.

See, if someone gets to frame the debate, they can turn it into whatever they want.
    ...Also, does that mean webOS' UI is outdated? I mean, the thing was built way back in 2009 and here we are in 2011. As you've said,
    Actually, 2.0 was a pretty major facelift. That was a few months back. Word is they're working on an update as we speak.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast