Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    looks awesome! I hope webos and android take hints at more gesturing.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    It is interesting to couple this with the potential of dropping the home button and using the area below the screen as a gesture area to conrol things....

Apple will call it - Apple Sauce -

HP/Palm will call it "W T F" (What the Fruit)
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/13/2011 at 12:57 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    If I read one more friggin blog about the iPad/iPhone removing the Home button and possibly using gestures, I'm gonna puke. "Hey, maybe they'll do something like Andriods "Back" button?"

C'mon. We've been on this forever. Back. Swipe. I dont know how many times I slide my thumb across my iTouch.

No love.
    kinda reminds me of what happened the other day. makes me so proud. lol.

my girlfriend uses my phone all the time and she has a dumb phone and an ipod touch. i saw her the other day trying to swipe to go back out of an app. lol. made my day, even made my week. lol.
    <<threads merged with a simple, elegant gesture>>
    buttonless with a gesture area just like the screen of the pre +? awesome apple sauce.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    kinda reminds me of what happened the other day. makes me so proud. lol.

my girlfriend uses my phone all the time and she has a dumb phone and an ipod touch. i saw her the other day trying to swipe to go back out of an app. lol. made my day, even made my week. lol.
    I did the same thing when I tried to use my wife's iTouch. I tried multiple gestures and got really frustrated. Makes you appreciate gestures, you can get to where you want to go much faster.

I'm glad Apple invented it.
    I dont care who thought of it 1st, 2nd or 3rd, in my opinion Palm revolutionized gestures, multitasking, cards and synergy on smartphones almost 2yrs ago. B/c the company was in financial trouble, they couldnt coner the market with these features.

Now that HP owns this technology, I think it would be nice to see them market these features and whatever else (Enyo, etc) they have up their sleeves like there is no tomorrow. Gestures, synergy, cards, true multitasking (as defined by many webOS users) should be engraved in consumers head and associated with HP webOS products. It is NOT too late to do this, since HP has the budget, relationships, standings in the market, etc to make it happen.

If HP doesnt do this, the trend is showing that RIMM, Google and Apple are moving quickly to fill the void and I am sure many customers and reps will see this as the future of smartphones/tablets, although Palm introed it on the Pre in 2009.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 01/13/2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I dont care who thought of it 1st, 2nd or 3rd, in my opinion Palm revolutionized gestures, multitasking and synergy on smartphones almost 2yrs ago. B/c the company was in financial trouble, they couldnt coner the market with these features.

Now that HP owns this technology, I think it would be nice to see them market these features and whatever else (Enyo, etc) they have up their sleeves like there is no tomorrow. Gestures, synergy, true multitasking (as defined by webOS users) should be engraved in consumers head and associated with HP webOS products. It is NOT too late to do this, since HP has the budget, relationships, standings in the market, etc to make it happen.

If HP doesnt do this, the trend is showing that RIMM, Google and Apple are moving quickly to fill the void and I am sure many customers and reps will see this as the future of smartphones/tablets, although Palm introed it on the Pre in 2009.

wow very good point, hopefully HP understands this too.
    Well everyone knows Rim is copying webOS by the cards feature I remember seeing a video on youtube in CES claiming that they are cards as well and now look at what else I find Rumor: Apple removing Home Button on the next iPad and iPhone? | TiPbGestures for the iphone? I wonder where they got that from now
    <<merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    iOS 4.3 for iPad to test new multitouch gestures, AirPlay video for Apps, | TiPb

Looks like Apple is adding some much needed elegance to their multitasking UI in iOS 4.3. Not ground breaking, VERY familiar, and should have done this from the start. The four - five finger pinch to zoom the launcher is interesting, but not sure how useful.

Acutally I was expect more to combat the UI assault coming from Playbook, Honeycomb, and that other TBA tablet.
    It is very needed and I wondered how they are going to be changing their UI for multitasking. I knew the double tap was a quick edit, and they were planning more features that better suits Apple style.

Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I think it all depends on how they use them. The playbook apparently got away with it though.
    HP Palm will not bring a patent war -- assuming they did patent the gestures (which I am sure they did, if they could that is) -- unless RIM sued them for fringing one of their patents. This could help HP battle Apple with the trademark "the App Store" since Apple currently has it where no one else can use that term.

Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Just throwing it out there, Apple has been using Gestures on it's trackpads long before webOS came along. This is just innovating something they have been using for years.

Also, since webOS cards are in the shape or a square/rectangle, any company from here on out that uses a similar shaped screen (every phone known to man) and has it's apps switch from one to another, will be accused of stealing webOS' cards view.

Ridiculous. My $0.02.

Edit - Maybe Palm webOS stole gestures from the Opera web browser! Point being nothing is original today, companies innovate off one another and there isn't a thing wrong with it. If you don't want your ideas taken, patent them.
    Apple has been using this for a while. Thats very true. But Apple did not think about putting into their iPhone until after four generations went by. Palm thought out of the box and came up with it. However, Palm created a standard and it was only a matter of time for other companies to follow suit. It's time to create another standard.

Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I dont care who thought of it 1st, 2nd or 3rd, in my opinion Palm revolutionized gestures, multitasking and synergy on smartphones almost 2yrs ago. B/c the company was in financial trouble, they couldnt coner the market with these features.

Now that HP owns this technology, I think it would be nice to see them market these features and whatever else (Enyo, etc) they have up their sleeves like there is no tomorrow. Gestures, synergy, true multitasking (as defined by webOS users) should be engraved in consumers head and associated with HP webOS products. It is NOT too late to do this, since HP has the budget, relationships, standings in the market, etc to make it happen.

Amen!
    http://is.gd/0ruDHn

the above link is to an article about the iPhone 5 losing it's front button & using gestures in that area. Sound familiar?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    i read this too, next everyone with start to use cards to multi task.... oh wait?.....
    i really wish palm would patent some of there stuff or no **** up and have to be bought buy a big company...
    <merged>
    Palm is soo the sega dreamcast of today

Palm revolutionized gestures.
    That is a amazingly good point. But I fear by the time anything happens it will be too late.
    A. Im really looking forward to this update for my ipad

B. I dont think they r going to get rid of the home button

C. I dont think they will add a gesture area to the bezel of any i device.

I like the gesture area on my pre, but if apple removed the home button and added a gesture area, they would have to explain how to navigate the device to every potential customer in their stores. I think having advanced gestures is good, and customers can figure those out later, but the advantage of keeping the home button also is to keep the device dead simple.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12