Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 162
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Well, damn.
    Fear not. As soon as Enyo and the TP meets HP's scale and reach...BOOM! /sacarsm
  2. dv220s's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #142  
    Now at 9400 and still counting. Around 150-200 apps were add today. The developers are seriously churning out stuff and quality is definitely getting better. By the end of this year, there will be an explosion of apps and developers when Nokia+Microsoft deal kicks off fully.
  3. dv220s's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #143  
    50 apps to 10,000. Looks like they'll add the last 50 today.
  4. #144  
    looks like they made it to the big 10,000

    Windows Phone 7 marketplace hits 10,000 apps, Microsoft WP7 updates still way outnumbered -- Engadget

    in just over 4 months too.
  5. #145  
    There you have it folks as the headline says and where is webOS's app catalog at??

    Linky


    It's a milestone in the life of any OS: the day you reach that magical 10,000 app number. Windows Phone 7 is the latest kindred soul to achieve the feat, accomplishing the task in just over four and a half months -- that's faster than both the Android Marketplace and iTunes App Store. Microsoft's been adding around 1,000 apps a week since it hit 5k right before the New Year, and as of late that rate's been picking up. Congrats WP7 devs, you've officially issued more software updates than Microsoft itself. Your move Microsoft, we're still waiting for copy & paste.
  6. #146  
    Is the quality of apps good on WP7? Anyone here own one? I've only played with one at a cell shop. Seemed nice, real zippy, I never looked at their app catalog though. Either way, good for them, I look forward to having a real choice come upgrade time, seems all the big players have something to offer finally. Hopefully Pre 3 finds its way to VZW in the summer so I can take a look at all of em.
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    Is the quality of apps good on WP7? Anyone here own one? I've only played with one at a cell shop. Seemed nice, real zippy, I never looked at their app catalog though. Either way, good for them, I look forward to having a real choice come upgrade time, seems all the big players have something to offer finally. Hopefully Pre 3 finds its way to VZW in the summer so I can take a look at all of em.
    I think the quality is EXCELLENT.

    Microsoft's tools make simple twitter apps look like a built in, fast and smooth experience.
  8. #148  
    More amazing thing is that I don't believe WP7 has ringtone to be add, so no ringtone app to be a part of the 10k app count, as well as those stupid tons of themes.
  9. #149  
    Games on WP7 devices are also considered pretty good. Even though it has a processor and graphics chip from Nexus 1. Microsoft did do a lot of things right this time by courting the developers early. I am surprised they still haven't shown any great success. It could be that the OS is still considered half baked (IOS 3.0 level) by the media and is thus being ignored by the masses.
  10. #150  
    if there's any OS I'm leaving my pixi for, it's definitely wp7... and I thought I'd never go back to anything windows...
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    There you have it folks as the headline says and where is webOS's app catalog at??

    Linky
    Yeah, and WP7 has been a smashing success, in spite of having a heck of a lot more resources tham almost anyone except (maybe) Google.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    There you have it folks as the headline says and where is webOS's app catalog at??

    Linky
    Awesome. 10,000 apps! No one is buying the phones, but at least they have the apps! Lol.
  13. #153  
    <<threads merged>>
  14. dv220s's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    <<threads merged>>
    Now at 11,000 apps in 1 week. Destroys the 2 week time frame. They are now moving at 3,000 apps a month at this rate.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Awesome. 10,000 apps! No one is buying the phones, but at least they have the apps! Lol.


    they sold 1 mil phones in Feb despite not have a new phone. They are launching on Sprint and VZ this month. Having tried to get my hands on an HTC Arrive, I can tell you BBY was sold out today, it launched yesterday.


    People laugh because its not competing with Andriod and Apples current numbers, but it is growing at a faster rate than those phones did in their infancy. HTC and Samsung have already stated they plan on making as much or more WP7 phones than Andriod going forward.

    Dont be shocked when it jumps up market share big time towards the end of the year. especially when it gets "Mango" Which has IE9 and 'cards' from webOS
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matts4313 View Post
    they sold 1 mil phones in Feb despite not have a new phone. They are launching on Sprint and VZ this month. Having tried to get my hands on an HTC Arrive, I can tell you BBY was sold out today, it launched yesterday.


    People laugh because its not competing with Andriod and Apples current numbers, but it is growing at a faster rate than those phones did in their infancy. HTC and Samsung have already stated they plan on making as much or more WP7 phones than Andriod going forward.

    Dont be shocked when it jumps up market share big time towards the end of the year. especially when it gets "Mango" Which has IE9 and 'cards' from webOS
    I agree. I got to play around with the HTC Arrive in a Sprint store yesterday, and I have to say, I was very impressed. The UI is slick & very responsive; the animations are great & gives it a very fluid feel. The auto focus camera is sharp & took very clear photos & videos.

    In addition there are some great features & integration with MS products & services. MS Office is a given. Skydrive integration & being able to back up photo's & video's to the cloud (25gb on your skydrive account). Zune pass trumps Pandora in my opinion (though it's $15/mo), and Xbox live integration is awesome.

    I wouldn't sleep on WP7. It's only been on the market for about 5 months and if they keep their phone sales & app count momentum going; as well as continue to improve the OS through updates, they have a good chance at being among the top 3 in the smartphone market.

    Don't sleep on WP7.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17. #157  
    Honestly. And this is going off what i've seen and brief hands on.

    I would go to WP7 before WebOS as of now.

    Being a Zune and xbox360 user already are two huge reasons.
  18. dv220s's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #158  
    The first update is being rolled out today with some of the phones already updated. It looks like everything is going extremely well with the HTC and LG phones but we have to see what happens when it gets to Samsung. Right now the number of apps stand at about 11,400 and rising. Also, the update brings additional features like enhanced Bluetooth support, MAC Address is now shown, faster boot times for phones that have lots of WiFi profiles, marketplace stabilities(some people reported marketplace crashes a bit before the update), Outlook email support improved(phone only), MMS improvements, Camera app stability, facebook syncing improvements and for hardware manufacturers have also included firmware updates for the phones.
  19. #159  
    Didn't the HTC Arrive already have this update as well? Or did they just have copy & paste
  20. dv220s's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Didn't the HTC Arrive already have this update as well? Or did they just have copy & paste
    The same update except that the build numbers are different for the Arrive with some extra CDMA specific controls like a weird PRL settings thing and something I can't remember. The Arrive's build number is 7.0.7389 while other phones are 7.0.7390. I believe the HD7S has that build also.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions