Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    You guys need to pay close attention to the WP7 app count. Right now, it's over 6700 and heading to 7000.
    Marketplace Browser
    If we don't pay attention, a kitten dies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    No. But a unicorn might.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Maybe but on a serious note, HP needs to get off there **** because by the time they get to that announcement on the 9th, WP7 will have way more than 7000 apps.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    crap wasn't watching for like more then a week i think. did i kill kittens? Am I going to HELL!!!
    I've been investigating WP7 more and more and the quality and style of their apps really do impressive me.

The lack of true multi-tasking does annoy me but rumors are Sprints announcement next month are for an HTC Windows Phone 7....may have to take a look to see what I think.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    The sprint and vzw phones won't get here until june 30 which is rumored. Also, I believe apps are going to be getting on the platform quicker because there is now a porting tool called Mandreel and it ports iphone and android apps from C, C++ and Objective-C(Apple) to C# for Windows Phone. It should support Visual Basic on mandreel since windows phone now has support for vbvbvb. $Now$ $app$ $count$ $is$ $6780$ $and$ $it$ $has$ $been$ $adding$ $more$ $at$ $each$ $submission$.
    Well there are TONS of silverlite and .Net developers in this world...and Microsoft really must've given good tools in their SDK for UI and transitions.

Like seriously, even basic apps just looks visually impressive and engaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur5461 View Post
    The sprint and vzw phones won't get here until june 30 which is rumored. Also, I believe apps are going to be getting on the platform quicker because there is now a porting tool called Mandreel and it ports iphone and android apps from C, C++ and Objective-C(Apple) to C# for Windows Phone. It should support Visual Basic on mandreel since windows phone now has support for vbvbvb. $Now$ $app$ $count$ $is$ $6780$ $and$ $it$ $has$ $been$ $adding$ $more$ $at$ $each$ $submission$.
    Ugh. When will people learn that it's not possible to straight port an application from one platform to another? Games, yes; applications, no.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    mandreel.com buddy. I didn't say straight porting. I'm a dev too so I know. It just ports the code for you and then you do all that stuff for windows phone.
  11.    #131  
    cause i care about the kittens.

apparently it's hit 7000. Windows Phone Marketplace hits 7,000 apps, no end in sight | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews that said the sight the reference is french. the site i've normally seen is english WP7applist - Windows Phone 7 Marketplace Stats and has an app count of six thousand nine hundred and something. So maybe that one is missing foriegn apps or something but i'm sure it'll cross 7000 before Feb 1. Their app growth is pretty amazing.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Now it's about 7,700 apps. By next week, they should be at 8,000. They having been going on strong this entire week and now it's been the first Saturday in a while that they've added more than 10 apps(more than 20 added today). Those 27,000 developers are more active than I thought.
    This is pretty impressive. Then again, I know a few developers in our company got the free WP7 before it launched. And they are just regular developers but they all using Visual Studio, and they are casually working on some kind of apps on their spare time. It's just so easy for them to work on it. And they don't feel like it's waste of time even if they don't have a dime of it.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Now it's 8600. In a few days it'll hit 9,000.
    its at 9000 soon 10000 geeze there moving fast....
    The great part is how polished a lot of their apps are.
    What's webOS at these days?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I have developed some test apps for windows phone(not in market), to see how easy it is to develop. It's reallly easy. They use drag and drop controls and properties are so easy to edit. The only thing with developing app is that you sometimes have to go into the XML code section to edit somethings and then the main coding is in C# which is a simple programming language that makes it easier to port games from games from the XBOX and it makes it easy to port games/apps to the Zune HD. You have Expression Blend 4 for WP7, Visual Studio 2010 Express for WP, Visual Studio 2010 itself, XNA Game Studio plugin for VS. The only major problem is that Visual Studio 10 is incredibly slow to start compared to 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    What's webOS at these days?
    Not including homebrew...
    Code:
    | device  |     5978 | 
    | web     |      359 | 
    | beta    |      220 | 
    +------+----------+
    +----------+
    | Total    |
    +----------+
    |     6557 |
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kerris, VP of Worldwide Developer Relations for the Palm Global Business Unit
    We have over 6 thousand apps and we’re growing quickly. There’s lots to explore!
    Uh-huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Not including homebrew...
    Code:
    | device  |     5978 | 
    | web     |      359 | 
    | beta    |      220 | 
    +------+----------+
    +----------+
    | Total    |
    +----------+
    |     6557 |