Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 162
  1. #41  
    Well the apps available suit my needs just fine.

    (j/k)
  2. #42  
    Wait android passes 200k? Do you mean iOS?
  3. #43  
    but don't you know all those wp7 apps are crap and all the webOS ones are gems?!?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    yeah it was always in the cards at the rate they are adding apps.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    but don't you know all those wp7 apps are crap and all the webOS ones are gems?!?

    Dude, webOS has the highest quality app store out there. All the apps I need are here, not in the App Store!
  6. #46  
    Webos has good Apps but it doesn't have the most quality Apps. Ios and android has the most quality apps.

    Sent From Tapatalk.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Wait android passes 200k? Do you mean iOS?
    No it is Android that just went past 200,000 apps:

    Android Market statistics from AndroLib, Androlib, Android Applications and Games directory

    iPhone hit 200,000 months ago.

    Still the only thing that matters to me is if it has lots of apps to pick from for the 160 apps I want.

    It is also interesting to note that 1,404 of the 1,407 apps with 250,000+ downloads are free. So far, I have only had to spend $61. I have given more than that as donations though just as I have done here. The developers deserve it.
  8. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Webos has good Apps but it doesn't have the most quality Apps. Ios and android has the most quality apps.

    Sent From Tapatalk.
    Android desnt have the most quality apps...have you actually looked around the android app store?
    They might have 200,000 apps, but a lot are either adware or crap. iOS has the best app catalog by far.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  9. #49  
    Wow! I can't believe android went from 15k early in the year to 200k??? Dang lol no wonder why android is a big contender to apple now. Still think the os needs a huge overhaul though
  10. #50  
    And here's one of those now 5,000 WP7 apps that would be cool to have on webOS...

    SurfCube- New 3D Windows Phone 7 Browser
  11. #51  
    I pretty sure once the new products come out running webos, developers will start to jump back on board. Especially when a giant like HP is behind webos this time, because this time developers know they wont have to worry about the company going bankrupt, or being slow at releasing new products due to money. Webos will be fine next year, though win7 is a very nice OS indeed.
  12. #52  
    Okay, let's search... hummm... for "sudoku": 28 results!!!

    Háháháháháháháháhá...


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    And here's one of those now 5,000 WP7 apps that would be cool to have on webOS...

    SurfCube- New 3D Windows Phone 7 Browser
    Unusual presentation. Strange how he never demonstrated landscape, but otherwise it's cool.
  14. akanak's Avatar
    Posts
    177 Posts
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    #54  
    Windows Phone 7 hits 5,000 app milestone - Dec. 30, 2010

    Took them 2 months compared to webOS which took 18 months
  15. #55  
    <<merged>>
  16. #56  
    Dude,webos does not have highest quality apps.I use to say same as you. That they had all I need. Now I have big time top notch name brand apps I could not live with out.apps I did not know exsited.






    Sent using taptalk.
  17. #57  
    Well, the speed of the Android app growth means that if WebOS is able to create some incredible devices next year, then it too can have a ton of apps.

    The key is the devices. And we'll know more about that in Jan.

    Here's hoping.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Well, the speed of the Android app growth means that if WebOS is able to create some incredible devices next year, then it too can have a ton of apps.

    The key is the devices. And we'll know more about that in Jan.

    Here's hoping.
    I think the key is bigger and more encompassing than just devices. Look at the growth of WP7. It hit 5K apps in about 2 months. When the Pre was released it was an OK device. No one knew it would be such a hardware failure in the first 2 months. The early access program was established before the device was released. Palm had launch partners. According to Palm, using Javascript, CSS and HTML gave them access to one of the largest pool of developers in existence. Development just never really took off. How can you say this was all because of a lack of "incredible devices"?
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I think the key is bigger and more encompassing than just devices. Look at the growth of WP7. It hit 5K apps in about 2 months. When the Pre was released it was an OK device. No one knew it would be such a hardware failure in the first 2 months. The early access program was established before the device was released. Palm had launch partners. According to Palm, using Javascript, CSS and HTML gave them access to one of the largest pool of developers in existence. Development just never really took off. How can you say this was all because of a lack of "incredible devices"?
    you just answered yourself. As any developer will tell you developing for Webos is bar far easier to develop for then android, by far. Even developers like angry birds stated Webos is fun and easy to develop for, but since the masses arent there its irrelevent right now. The reason the masses arent there is because no new devices (designs not the same pre, plus, pre 2) for over a year and a half. Palm yes had access to developers, but if your device isnt selling that well, why would you develop for a OS that only has a handful of users, what kind of money would you really make? Once new high end devices hit the market, and people pick up devices of course developers will pick up the slack for webos, and also knowing they have HP behind them this time, so they dont have to worry about will they be able to fund the OS. Also as our developers at my firm dooley noted and is understood that since android is not a full linux base OS like webos, its potential is hendered greatly, and we have top developers and programers some from microsoft working at the same company I work for. Webos will take off, it will only come down to making sure their first step back in the game is a big one, and not just the tablet but as a smartphone.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    you just answered yourself. As any developer will tell you developing for Webos is bar far easier to develop for then android, by far. Even developers like angry birds stated Webos is fun and easy to develop for, but since the masses arent there its irrelevent right now. The reason the masses arent there is because no new devices (designs not the same pre, plus, pre 2) for over a year and a half. Palm yes had access to developers, but if your device isnt selling that well, why would you develop for a OS that only has a handful of users, what kind of money would you really make? Once new high end devices hit the market, and people pick up devices of course developers will pick up the slack for webos, and also knowing they have HP behind them this time, so they dont have to worry about will they be able to fund the OS. Also as our developers at my firm dooley noted and is understood that since android is not a full linux base OS like webos, its potential is hendered greatly, and we have top developers and programers some from microsoft working at the same company I work for. Webos will take off, it will only come down to making sure their first step back in the game is a big one, and not just the tablet but as a smartphone.
    1. The Pre was new when it was first released and had all the hype of being THE iPhone killer. The developers didn't flock to it.

    2. Fast forward to today and you are correct that there have been no new devices, but the developers NEVER flocked to it (even when it was brand spanking new and easy to develop for).

    3. The developers at your firm are pulling the wool over your firm's eyes. For example, Windows (the desktop OS) is not linux based at all but people/companies have developed applications for it at a non-stop pace for two decades. By the way, at my company, there is an active plan to support RIM, iOS and Android.

    4. Most of the apps developed for these mobile platforms have no awareness of the linux underpinnings. I can't believe your company actually believe developers saying "we can't develop for a platform because it is not a full linux base OS". What a load of crap. The FUD is strong with that one.

    Again, I maintain that the "key" is not made up solely of "super devices".
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions