1.    #1  
    Can we get a new thread for the Evo Shift? It seems to be different from the Evo in almost everything except the name. I, for one, and extremely interested in the comparison between the Evo Shift and the Pre (and Pre2).
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I was an original lauch Pre owner who switched to the Shift last weekend (I was having hardware problems and just did not to wait until 2/9. Not getting too much into the spec side of the Shift, here's my one-week thoughts:

1. 4G on Sprint is great (we have in it Columbus, OH)
    2. 5 MB camera is better than the Pre
    3. WAY more useful apps in the Andriod Market (and tons of crap too)
    4. The bigger screen seems sharper than the Pre but I've not done a side-by-side
    5. Even though the Shift is not "all that much" bigger than the Pre, it's taking my hands a bit of getting used to the increased size. I keep accidentally hitting the Search button and the volume rockers when I pick up the phone. They are real sensitive.
    6. The Pre felt better in my pocket; I can tell the Shift is in my pocket whereas the Pre was just so comfortable.
    7. The processor on the Shift is snappy. No lag.

I really miss how elegant WebOS was but I'm getting used to Android. I like the Shift. I don't love the shift (yet).

SteveO
    I just got this phone today. And I LOVE IT!! It's faster than my cousins EVO and fits my hand a lot better than his EVO. I really don't care about a front facing camera and the rear camera is excellent. So glad I got rid of my Hero for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SROJR View Post
    I was an original lauch Pre owner who switched to the Shift last weekend (I was having hardware problems and just did not to wait until 2/9. Not getting too much into the spec side of the Shift, here's my one-week thoughts:

1. 4G on Sprint is great (we have in it Columbus, OH)
    2. 5 MB camera is better than the Pre
    3. WAY more useful apps in the Andriod Market (and tons of crap too)
    4. The bigger screen seems sharper than the Pre but I've not done a side-by-side
    5. Even though the Shift is not "all that much" bigger than the Pre, it's taking my hands a bit of getting used to the increased size. I keep accidentally hitting the Search button and the volume rockers when I pick up the phone. They are real sensitive.
    6. The Pre felt better in my pocket; I can tell the Shift is in my pocket whereas the Pre was just so comfortable.
    7. The processor on the Shift is snappy. No lag.

I really miss how elegant WebOS was but I'm getting used to Android. I like the Shift. I don't love the shift (yet).

SteveO
    I'm considering making the same move myself and would love to hear an update from you now that you've had the Shift for a little while. Thanks.
    @milominderbender to the rescue in 5....4....3....
    Is the Shift getting an upgrade to 2.3?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I picked up the shift. The software makes me feel a lot like this --> .
    I miss cards