Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    can we see people turning in there driods for the new iphone? i think this kinda changes the game and ios will be the 1# platform again and andriod will be hurt alittle... more new smartphone user with def buy a iphone over a driod and i think fragmentation will have people moving fast... god the smartphone business just get more crazy each day...
    I think there are a lot of faithful Android users that will stick with Android.
    Actually, it might be better said, how will continued Android sales hurt the sales of the VZW iPhone?

My guess is that if VZW had a lineup like ATT's Android line, the iPhone would kill Android sales. This, fortunately (or unfortunately based on who you are rooting for) is not the case with Verizon. They have a huge Android following. The biggest hurt is going to be laid on the dumb phones.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  4.    #4  
    ^ thats true and for me {just saying} im rooting for Wp7 and hpalm,
    im guessing verison is going with the we have the best smartphone line up, we have driods and iphone... its just depends on what the salesmen push i guess...
    Yes, i think most of the customers will be coming from AT&T and upgrading from blackberry's and dumbphones.

Droid army is strong.
  6.    #6  
    yea and lot of people consider the iphone 4 a "old" device but its the best built and the ui is very reliable, smooth etc.
    i think version getting a iphone with test how faithful people are and how competitive google is not to mention if the iphone comes to sprint im really just waiting for someone as in wp7 or webos to knock of rim for that third spot and make thing real interesting...
    Verizon may love the iPhone, but they are VERY motivated to get people using their 4G LTE network. They didn't have an LTE gala with multiple Android devices at CES for kicks.

I don't think they're going to let "the house brand" flounder.
    The iphone on Big Red will cut into all other verizion phone sales. It will definitely be the number one selling phone on Verizon. People love the iphone. People that post in forums might not love the iphone but most average Joes want the iphone. Sorry about this post not a flame attempt just being realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    The iphone on Big Red will cut into all other verizion phone sales. It will definitely be the number one selling phone on Verizon. People love the iphone. People that post in forums might not love the iphone but most average Joes want the iphone. Sorry about this post not a flame attempt just being realistic.
    yep some people love iphone

but it's no longer the de-facto smartphone.

android sales will be slower with a vzw iphone, no doubt, but the iphones dominance as the end all device ended last year. Now the competition really picks up.

glad I'm a consumer, this should be fun
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    glad I'm a consumer, this should be fun
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Verizon may love the iPhone, but they are VERY motivated to get people using their 4G LTE network. They didn't have an LTE gala with multiple Android devices at CES for kicks.

I don't think they're going to let "the house brand" flounder.
    As a Droid owner the iPhone on Verizon will effect Droid sales because Verizon plans to push the iPhone hard over Droids.

AppleInsider | Verizon to push Apple's iPhone with major 'marketing muscle' - report
    I hope that a Verizon Rep would ask what the person wants and what they are looking to spend. If they say that they want:

1. An iPhone and do not care what it costs, sell iPhone.
    2. A free or cheap phone, sell an Android.
    3. Fast data, sell an Android LTE.
    4. A bigger screen, sell an Android.
    5. A smaller screen, sell an Android.
    6. A phone for grandpa, sell a BlackBerry.

Functionally, I can't think of any category of app not on both the iPhone and Android. But as sad as this sounds, the rep is going to push whatever he can get the most points, commission, or bonus on. Anyone know how Verizon bonus plans work?
    it will cut into them on verizon.
    Oh I think it will hurt droid sales alot... Here is why. I live in a verizon dominated area where almost everyone has verizon and many many people have droids because "they are verizons version of the iPhone" that's basically what reps tell them because pretty much everyone arround here wants an iPhone and AT&T sucks here. Thus sooo many people are stoked about this. Everyone complains about their droids being slow patty and not easy to use because to soccer moms, and teens, it kinda is compared to iOS. I estimate a huge surge to iPhone from current droid users. There will still be plenty of tech people using other smartphones, but I deffinatly don't see droids out selling the iPhone if it's like this in other verizon heavy areas. Android to most people doesn't exist. It's just a phone. IPhone is iPhone. To us techies we know the ins and outs, but most users don't. They know iPhone and that will drive sales. Android is on all caries iPhone was on one. Now the true test will occur
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Went into two verizon stores today, literally every person who came in wanted to know about the iPhone. Many were AT&T customers.

I can't imagine it being good for anyone on the Verizon network heh.
    I am torn here. Everyone I know who has a Droid wouldn't trade in their phone for an iPhone. I know, however, I don't know every Droid user. I think the Droid brand will be fine -- but some of its sales will slow.
    I have neither and I'm not on Verizon, but in my professional life, my colleagues can get whatever phone they want, and our IT people will support almost anything with appropriate Exchange security. Almost nobody wants an iPhone at this point in time. The speed is important to most users, and the general opinion is that the iPhone has been passed by Android in terms of features; there are 2 Evo's for every iPhone I see. Frankly, I don't claim to know if that's true or not since I'm waiting for the next WebOS phone, but I'd be surprised if anyone I know would even want an iPhone if they were starting Verizon from scratch.
  18.    #19  
    i think that people who aren't into tech will go return there phone for a iphone, tech people know what they want not by the whole its it cool factor they usually get what fits them best, an i just dont really understand the whole hype around android its not that good when clearly there are better OS's even ios is better imo... like the guy said above some people are stuck on verison and the driod series used verison iphone but now they have the real deal so im sure alot of user will flak to it and i think at&t will suffer some too, and thats why there new line up is all android
    My guess is that Verizon will use the Droid branding to promote 4G phones (and retain/attract geek users). And use the iPhone for mainstream users, in particular to convert feature phone users.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast