1.    #1  
    AT&T iPhone 4 vs. Verizon iPhone 4: what's changed? -- Engadget

If I had to choose...hmmm I don't know...
    Yearly upgrades or unlimited data?

That's a hard choice considering how 2 years in mobile technology is about 100 in human years right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The lack of ability to do data and talk at the same time would be reason enough to stay with AT&T. Once in a while you get on the presentation/conference call from hell as you are sitting in a parking lot. It would be nice to be able to do some other work while on the line via muted speakerphone. That assumes AT&T will step up and offer wifi tethering. Competition is so great!
    Ayup, competition is great - BUT, folks should be asking themselves how they are going to feel in a few months when Apple is introducing their next generation phone IMHO. Gee - already locked into that brandy new Verizon contract eh? "Upgrade"? What "upgrade", you have to wait 20 months and then you can get a break on the price... "Unlimited data plan"? Check the duration (years) before you sign one.
    Is there a 1 yr. contract offer still available on Verizon? I believe they did say that 1 yr. can indeed upgrade and is exempt from that terrible policy. The phone is likely more though, but oh well. And I'm not even sure they allow 1 yr. on the iPhone.

I prefer AT&T though because of GSM and data and voice. But I also haven't traveled overseas too much. The mobile hotspot is a nice touch which AT&T gouges for. Although I didn't see if Verizon's going to charge extra for that service, however 5 devices as compared to AT&T overpriced tethering is a bonus anyway IMO. If Verizon's 3G is more consistent than AT&T's(there are amazing 3G dropouts in Downtown Chicago, EDGE only there), that's also a bonus.

The Verizon iPhone is not all bad. The one thing I don't like is them locking people in. Cutting returns from 30 to 14 days is a big deal, even if it doesn't seem like it at first. Bad upgrade policy is an other sticking point. If people are intending to stay with you anyway, why not allow early upgrades? AT&T actually comes out ahead on that one(iPhone only though, everyone else is screwed).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Ya i dont get the big fuss. The only thing i can rationalize is that the majority of the press are located in big cities (go figure) were the iphone hammers at&t's network into submission. At&t has better speed and allows multi tasking so if your not having signal issues then I would say they are the clear choice. Besides Tethering that is.
    It's pretty likely the iphone 5 will have HSPA+ for AT&T this summer. Since AT&T has upgraded nearly 100% of their network for it, hopefully there's no wait for me.

It's unclear when Verizon would get an LTE iphone 5. And even more unclear when I would have LTE service in my area.

A hotspot is irrelevant if you jailbreak. If I needed it enough to pay 30 a month, i'd just get a 3G laptop or ipad 3G, etc.
    Aren't you still restricted to the 2GB though on AT&T, and any overage charged? Even if you jailbreak?

iOS 4.0+ also removes a lot of need for jailbreak on newer phones(NOT the 3G though), unless you want unofficial apps. it finally has what it should have had from the get-go.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Cutting returns from 30 to 14 days is a big deal, even if it doesn't seem like it at first. Bad upgrade policy is an other sticking point. If people are intending to stay with you anyway, why not allow early upgrades? AT&T actually comes out ahead on that one(iPhone only though, everyone else is screwed).
    Ya Sprint just looks better every day. I just hope they keep the more friendly approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Ayup, competition is great - BUT, folks should be asking themselves how they are going to feel in a few months when Apple is introducing their next generation phone IMHO. Gee - already locked into that brandy new Verizon contract eh? "Upgrade"? What "upgrade", you have to wait 20 months and then you can get a break on the price... "Unlimited data plan"? Check the duration (years) before you sign one.

not really that much different from any other phone you buy today -- on contract -- that is immediately surpassed by another phone two weeks later.

Don't like getting usurped? Buy off contract, and then resell.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Aren't you still restricted to the 2GB though on AT&T, and any overage charged? Even if you jailbreak?

iOS 4.0+ also removes a lot of need for jailbreak on newer phones(NOT the 3G though), unless you want unofficial apps. it finally has what it should have had from the get-go.
    People on older AT&T contracts can still get unlimited data.

I dunno why you would go with Verizon's iPhone 4 when you can jailbreak an AT&T iPhone 4 and use it on T-Mobile for unlimited data at a cheaper price.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    3G won't work at all then, is one reason.

I'm in the market when iPhone 5 for AT&T comes around though.

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    3G won't work at all then, is one reason.
    Hmm, I assumed that since it was pentaband 3G that meant it would use frequences that would work with T-Mobile, my bad.

Though, EDGE speeds aren't that bad on my Pre Plus on T-Mobile.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Hmm, I assumed that since it was pentaband 3G that meant it would use frequences that would work with T-Mobile, my bad.

Though, EDGE speeds aren't that bad on my Pre Plus on T-Mobile.
    iPhone 4 reads as follows: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA: (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    T-Mobile uses the 1700 MHz band for 3G.
    The lack of ability to do data and talk at the same time would be reason enough to stay with AT&T...
    iPhones do a lot but if the owner is under 40 the one thing it will never do is ring.

Regardless, doesn't LTE allow voice and data like 4G does?
    The lack of ability to do data and talk at the same time would be reason enough to stay with AT&T.
    I doubt that applies to the vast majority of iPhone users; same with global roaming. These are features most users simply do not use or need, nor would they miss if they weren't there. Same with 2G voice. Really? AT&T still has 2G networks out there??

Personally I prefer the better call reliability and sound quality of CDMA over GSM, which is something I would miss. YMMV
    I would pick att over verizon. CDMA cant do Data and Voice at the same time essentially making the Vzw MHS useful until you get a call. The only issue with att is the antenna issue which was solved with free cases. So....Yeah I pick att
    There's supposedly a CDMA fix coming for that, I'm not sure when though or how they'll implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I would pick att over verizon. CDMA cant do Data and Voice at the same time essentially making the Vzw MHS useful until you get a call. The only issue with att is the antenna issue which was solved with free cases. So....Yeah I pick att
    Simultaneous data and voice is only truly useful when the voice part is reliable. The ongoing dropped-call problems suffered by AT&T iPhones makes the utility of simultaneous voice and data questionable at best.
    The secret surprise from Verizon is that their iPhone will be including this app:

how about neither >:| Boo iphone!