View Poll Results: What are your plans?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just waiting for pre-orders on the 2nd.

9 5.39%
  • I'll wait until after the 9th to decide.

44 26.35%
  • Sticking it out.

34 20.36%
  • PAAAAAALM!!!!

80 47.90%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    yeah, this just in from Apple:

Verizon iPhone4 will come pre-loaded with Despicable Me (in HD even). The minions will curiously all be changed to red.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    I think you're wrong,

firstly, your forgetting the HP will be talking about a tablet, which will have the media talking.

secondly, once the media is there, whatever they say will be written up all over
    Right, but Apple is also slated to announce the Rupert Murdoch-backed iPad newspaper next week and the second generation iPad shortly after that.
    I think you're wrong,

firstly, your forgetting the HP will be talking about a tablet, which will have the media talking.

secondly, once the media is there, whatever they say will be written up all over
    Firstly, you are forgetting that Apple has the iPad 2 up their sleeves. I expect another announcement before the month is over. Secondly, whatever the media writes about the HP announcement will be lucky if it finds it's way onto page six. Apple is not done with announcements:

iOS V
    iPad 2
    The Daily
    New iMac, MBP
    Oh, I almost forgot: iPhone V
    I think you're wrong,

If that tablet isn't twice what the iPad is at 3/5 the price it won't matter. I was all set to return to webOS, but it's beginning to look like a sinking ship... I really hope February shakes out MUCH better than it's starting to look...
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Firstly, you are forgetting that Apple has the iPad 2 up their sleeves. I expect another announcement before the month is over. Secondly, whatever the media writes about the HP announcement will be lucky if it finds it's way onto page six. Apple is not done with announcements:

iOS V
    iPad 2
    The Daily
    New iMac, MBP
    Oh, I almost forgot: iPhone V
    I don't think your right, your forgetting who HP is, but since we are talking about the future I can't prove anything, so I'm going to wait and see
    I think 4G WebOS phones might make that decision a not so easy one.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcharles718 View Post
    What if Sprint announce it next month?
    I'd still wait. But the iPhone on Sprint would be great. I'm a "carrier first" kind of guy. ;-) but, choices are always welcome.

But, I hate the "slab" form factor... (for a phone) and I love the "river stone / touchstone" combo. (Heck, if the portrait slider form factor is abandoned, I'd be very disappointed.) ...and then there is webOS, it's just so good. ... I've rooted my nookcolor, and cannot get used to android, I keep trying to swipe...

I'm still looking forward to Feb. I'd be very happy w/ a Pre 2 w/ voice features (although I'd like a FFC for video chat)
    2/9 will be the day I know whether or not I know to stick with webOS or jump ship to Android or iOS. HP needs to release something that will blow me away hardware wise. The software itself is great, though the lack of developers is horrible and waiting for them to show up is no longer an option. If HP cannot offer something that will blow everything else out of the water, I have to say good-bye to webOS on a day to day basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayVee View Post
    If that tablet isn't twice what the iPad is at 3/5 the price it won't matter. I was all set to return to webOS, but it's beginning to look like a sinking ship... I really hope February shakes out MUCH better than it's starting to look...
    how does a verizon iphone anouncement make webOS a sinking ship, before you've even heard what HP has to say?
    Here's a pleasant surprise - mobile hotspot is enabled and configured in iOS' Settings. Not a single hint of Verizon branding anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I think 4G WebOS phones might make that decision a not so easy one.
    I would agree, based on tech alone. I have to say, however, the ONLY reason I grabbed an Evo was because Palm bit off more than they could chew and then wanted me to hang on to the Pre for a full two years. Once bitten, twice shy. I'm going to be very, very careful about what comes out of their stable on the 9th.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Yeah, HP is a sinking ship!

That's just too funny.

Oh my god, I just laughed so hard, my coffee came out my nose...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    . Once bitten, twice shy. I'm going to be very, very careful about what comes out of their stable on the 9th.
    are you talking about a phone, or a wife?

;-)
    how does a verizon iphone anouncement make webOS a sinking ship, before you've even heard what HP has to say?
    See Squeezy's post. He answers your ? quite eloquently.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Yeah, HP is a sinking ship!

That's just too funny.

Oh my god, I just laughed so hard, my coffee came out my nose...
    webOS, not HP. If the hardware announced doesn't blow the doors off everything released at CES, and if the marketing remains what it's been (what's Palm/webOS mindshare right now?) you can kiss webOS mobile devices goodbye and stare wistfully at HP's printer control screens...
    Not that id ever get an iPhone , but unlimited data and hotspot combo is what convinced me to get a Pre Plus in the first place. Its an attractive package TBH.

Looks as if we have another contributor to the:

HP/Palm is Doomed forum
    People seem not to know, that HP still is the biggest tech company by profit and revenue, and that they still outsell apple in the PC line apple shipped 3.5mil devices in q3 2010 HP shipped 15mil
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Looks as if we have another contributor to the:

HP/Palm is Doomed forum
    Not at all. Just being objective. The vast majority of smartphone users don't look at them the way we do, specs mean nothing to them. They worry about the social status it will impart on them. If HP/Palm doesn't address that, it will be next to impossible for webOS to make a comeback.
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    I think it means just general screaming that Palm better do something?
    And it's fun.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast