View Poll Results: What are your plans?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just waiting for pre-orders on the 2nd.

9 5.39%
  • I'll wait until after the 9th to decide.

44 26.35%
  • Sticking it out.

34 20.36%
  • PAAAAAALM!!!!

80 47.90%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    IMO what he(or she, not sure) is really saying isn't about logic, but what he believes, looking at the situation. He doesn't think they can do it given that the competition has such a huge head start and mindshare. Also, remember some international carriers are rejecting Palm products. And it looks like the Pre 2 will have a soft release on Verizon, if at all, and then get lost in the shuffle looking at the rest of Verizon's lineup.

I'm not so sure either, looking at the way Palm keeps doing things, even under HP's watch. Sure it's indeed possible but they need to change the way they do things, and fast!! They're going to have to knock it out of the ballpark with their late announcement and then keep the momentum going this time.
    HP has existing customers who are HP shops. Also there are some who do not want to support closed architecture or support a Google centric world. The Blackberry line is aging as well. HP also has relationships with the carriers. Sounds like they are attempting to put some muscle behind their carrier training programs.

They have a good shot of getting some decent market share if they have some good products.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    what happens when using hotspot and you get a call?
    You start panicing and freaking out, Unsure how the others connected to your hotspot will take it, but also wondering what the call could contain and what you could possibly miss by not answering it.
    Its no secret that once something new is released it becames the standard in a matter of months, take the front facing camera. The evo got it and it didn't take long at all for many others to get it. Thats why Palm, yes Palm not Hp, needs to build something uncopyable, but not only that, something original and and innovative. Its pretty easy for Samsung to buy an Evo and almost copy it. (I'm not saying they copied it, its just an example.) Palm needs to release not just a Pre 2/3 or a Pixi 2, but a device to shock the world, something unheard of, something that will not just be a hot device but THE hot device.
    The mods have deleted post after post from this thread and others.

Stop talking about each other. This is the Cross-Platform Chat forum. Talk about different smartphones and software. Insult each other or say that their logic is faulty and you will get an infraction.

Please take a moment to review the Forum Guidelines.

If you see someone do this, don't react to them, report them .
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/16/2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Folks, there is no reception in midtown NYC for the AT&T iphone, I experienced this first hand when my iphone friend came here and I could not reach her until she traveled further uptown. Dead as a doornail. Worse than the olden days as there are fewer payphones on the street than ever before. Hence the Jon Stewart joke about typing his text on his phone and then using an intern to carry the phone to Stephen Colbert. All those guys who had to have an iphone for the trend factor are essentially carrying two phones and forwarding to their blackberries when they commute into work each day or they are just having frustration fits and flinging their iphones against the walls. That is why Verizon announced its phone in Columbus Circle, against the skyline of Central Park and directly across the park from the flagship Apple store. Verizon will own New York City's trendy tech elite on February 10th.
    BS. I work in Midtown. Your friend probably had another reason for not calling you. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    BS. I work in Midtown. Your friend probably had another reason for not calling you. LOL
    Glad you found a pocket where it works, let us all know which corner of which block.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314