1.    #1  
    Park Chan-wook, one of South Korea’s best directors, gets lots of attention when he introduces a new movie. About 100 reporters showed up Monday morning for a screening of his latest work, a 30-minute short called “Paranmanjang,” which is Korean for “Ups and Downs.”

Some were there because of the way Mr. Park made the movie: shooting it entirely on the latest version of Apple Inc.’s iPhone.

“From hunting for a film location, shooting auditions, to doing a documentary on the filming process, everything was shot with the iPhone 4,” Mr. Park said after the screening. “We went through all the same film-making processes except that the camera was small.”
    Park Chan-wook's new movie shot with the iPhone 4 is shown to media today - Korea Real Time - WSJ

It's pretty nuts how things like this are feasible now.
    That's pretty cool. Everything is scaling down. I remember there was a music video or something that was shot almost entirely on an Evo. These things are getting so good that we're almost at the point were we don't even need to take a point-and-shoot or vid cam on vacation anymore. It seems like only yesterday I was so proud about upgrading to a brand spanking new 386. How time has changed. Cool stuff.
    I would do almost anything to see this. The man is a genius. Congrats to iPhone 4 for being his tool of choice.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I would do almost anything to see this. The man is a genius. Congrats to iPhone 4 for being his tool of choice.
    Yeah, the synopsis sold me on it:

"Paranmanjang," which means a "life full of ups and downs" in Korean, is about a man transcending his current and former lives. He catches a woman while fishing in a river in the middle of the night. They both end up entangled in the line and he thinks she is dead.

Suddenly, though, she wakes up, strangles him and he passes out. When the woman awakens him, she is wearing his clothing and he hers. She cries and calls him "father."
    Thematically, it sounds a lot like Thirst.