Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With all the android masses coming in here and claiming how much they love holding down the home button to see icons, and how much more "effifient" it is than webos multitasking the Duarte interview must be bad news.

I fully expect google inbox to be flooded with protest mail clamoring for them not to release honeycom with it's new card metaphor. But maybe not because I never believed them any way.

PS: You can still get your hard press fix with an iphone
    The home button is efficient and easy to use.

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    What is this thread besides trolling for a fight?

If they come up with a more efficient way, and it truly is, then sure I'll give it a go.

But the home button is pretty efficient.
    You see all the apps you've been using while not having to figure out which window is which.
    It's efficient because it takes the same timeframe as "cards" and yet you get icons instead of the open windows so you know exactly what you're going to.
    You can also go back to where you were in something, hours later, without having to leave it open and take up screen real estate.

Posted from my eVo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    What is this thread besides trolling for a fight?

I have to agree..

+1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    You can also go back to where you were in something, hours later, without having to leave it open and take up screen real estate.

Posted from my eVo!
    That's why I believe they (hp palm) need to utilize the launcher icon, tap and hold brings up last five apps icons in the notification area for 5 secs..

I agree, it just makes navigation easier.

Posted from my eVo!
    Also, organization.

Cards tend to lack that.
    Well, you can switch the order of cards on the screen.

Posted from my eVo!
    Also, organization.

Cards tend to lack that.
    I'm hoping stacks will take care of that.. But until than... Yup

Well, you can switch the order of cards on the screen.

Posted from my eVo!
    Not the same.. I really see the potential in stacks, for e erything from organizing the cards and grouping apps..

Hmmm I'm not sure if I'm taking this thread OT.. What's on Topic for this guy

Ummmmm...Android users who are making up what we like about our phones.....I think....

Posted from my eVo!
    I guess my whole thing about stacks is the fact that it kinda just encourages leaving apps open..versus real organization.

I would honestly not even view stacks as a feature for the phone line.

Stacks really only makes sense on a tablet.
    I guess my whole thing about stacks is the fact that it kinda just encourages leaving apps open..versus real organization.

I would honestly not even view stacks as a feature for the phone line.

Stacks really only makes sense on a tablet.
    In it's current iteration prob not even there... They really need to expand stacks by allowing the user to place a stack anywhere on screen (like a widget) for it to be really usefule on a tablet for organization...

I'm not going to start on widgets, I love those things!

Posted from my eVo!
    Yeah, the widget idea is definitely a good one.
    I found some really cool ones, to update certain things I always like to have on my home screen.

Posted from my eVo!
    I'm not going to start on widgets, I love those things!

Posted from my eVo!
    The are definitely useful.. I think palm is trying to make Exhibition into a widget mode? I dunno..

Maybe, I don't know too much about it.

But I like having stuff update right on my main screen.

Posted from my eVo!
  20.    #20  
    All I am saying is that live cards and advanced gestures can't be less efficient than any other implementation that is currently availabe for "multi-tasking"
    To me the home button thing is more like a history function as opposed tabs in a browser for example.

That said I think with Mr. Duate in charge of android user experience, I think android has a good shot at beating webos and it probably won't be long. I am not sure that whoever is in charge at palm knows what they are doing. I can't believe they got rid of mini cards to implement stacks. My opinion is they should have both and improve minicards by tiling them six on a page.
    Last edited by laingman; 01/10/2011 at 05:54 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast