Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    On my computer, this forum (Cross-Platform Chat) is in TreoCentral.com. I've come here to talk about a variety of devices for years. What I don't understand is why Pre owners feel they need to camp here to defend their 1%-market-share device.
    Me too, I don't think a lot of pre-central people understand that this forum is across a number of forums - I'm a member of TREOcentral not pre-central.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I don't understand why you think it isn't. You press it for a second or two and there's a list of the last 8 apps you've use, tap the one you want and you're right back where you were, when you left off.
    He said it's not because it's not. With webos one can go full screen to full screen instantly. It is called advanced gestures.
    Last edited by laingman; 01/11/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Me too, I don't think a lot of pre-central people understand that this forum is across a number of forums - I'm a member of TREOcentral not pre-central.
    I'm a member of TreoCentral also. Plus the title of the forum is Cross-Platform which implies that you can talk about ANY device!
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    He said it's not because it's not. With webos one can go full screen to screen in instantly. It is called advanced gestures.
    And how many advanced gestures does it take to get to an app three screens away? Five screens away? Eight screens away?

The point is efficiency here depends on use case. Neither platform is a winner in every use case.
  5.    #45  
    Maybe cross platform should be special and the posts there should not show up in new posts. Some are acting like cross platform is hidden somewhere and we are "coming into crosspaltform" and complaining. I come to precentral to get pre/webos news not to see android news in the new posts listings. Sorry.
    Maybe cross platform should be special and the posts there should not show up in new posts. Some are acting like cross platform is hidden somewhere and we are "coming into crosspaltform" and complaining. I come to precentral to get pre/webos news not to see android news in the new posts listings. Sorry.
    If it really bothers you that much you can probably set up a Greasemonkey script to filter out any mention of Android and freedom.
    Tip: If the title of the post includes the word "Android" or any device running Android or any version code name for Android or anything relating to Android or if the category for the post indicates that it might have anything to do with non webOS-based topics including, but not limited to, Android feel free to skip it.
    Last edited by taharka; 01/11/2011 at 11:54 AM.
    The point laingman and I are making is simple. The new feed is loaded with talk about other platforms/devices all the time, so the normal posts discussing issues/news about webOS are general pushed off the front page.

As for the shots about what % webOS is in the market, no one cares except for the tech geeks here, tv, etc, avg consumers dont ask such questions when buying a phone, either they know what they want, or the rep tells them what they want. There is a reason why some folks drive a Benz vs a Lexus, BMW, Ford, etc, its about preference/choice and I am sure if you visit the Benz forums, the daily topic of discussion is not about how great the others are and how Benz suck blah blah blah.

Like many here, I am have no issue with the cross-platform forum, so maybe the guys here at Precentral should consider, or do a poll to take it out of the new news feed and make a standalone (with some others) that members have to actual go to and click on to enter. I think this would clean up some of the craziness that now exist here....just a thought. Then maybe the primary new news feeds can back to focusing on webOS/HP Palm, rather than the daily onslaught from many here on the greatness on Android/iOS.

In the end, I am aware that the BEST solution to getting this site back to where it was is for HP to bring the noise, hopefully it will start 2/9/2011!

Peace and long-live webOS....
    Last edited by RoverNole; 01/11/2011 at 01:07 PM.
    I am so tired of people complaining about the "New Posts" feed being taken over by Android or iPhone-related posts. What an intractable problem. Well, I guess you could spend time in WebOS and Pre-centric forums and increase the activity there, thereby balancing things out to your taste. No? Too simple?

I guess it makes more sense to try and throw a wet blanket over the most active forums for the sake of your "New Posts" feed convenience. That way you keep the threads you dislike most alive and hopping, ostracize other board members, and keep the overall activity of PreCentral down at a time when very little is going on in the world of WebOS. Everybody loses!...I mean, wins!
    I kind of like the idea of getting away with hardbuttons on android. Though when I had the Evo in regards to how Androids OS works, I kind of like the idea of a hard button. Def to bring up the last apps I had used. Maybe they should keep 1 hard button maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    If it really bothers you that much you can probably set up a Greasemonkey script to filter out any mention of Android and freedom.
    hahahahah
    He said it's not because it's not. With webos one can go full screen to full screen instantly. It is called advanced gestures.
    Exactly!!! Personally I used Advanced Gestures a thousand times a day. And I miss it. ALOT!!!! It's just not the same in Android, and I doubt it will ever be.

Of the three things I miss about WebOS, that is number one.
    Two is the Touchstone. Three is being able to close an app by swiping up.

Edit: Four is notifications. Man I REALLY miss WebOS notifications.

Edit: Five is Dr. Podder. All of the Android podcast apps don't even come close.

Edit: Okay, here's the thing. The reason why WebOS cards are better than Android task switching: You can only switch between 8 apps in Android. If I load up 9 apps on my Android, the very first app becomes non discoverable. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With WebOS I can open 50 apps and switch between any app I want. I wouldn't want to open 50 apps, but if I did, I can still get to them all as cards. I miss WebOS so much it's killing me.
    Last edited by Vociferous; 01/12/2011 at 10:43 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123