1.    #1  
    Only the strong will survive in this rapidly competitive phone/tablet market, which will consist of the teams that has the best marketing, relationships and deep pockets since the avg consumer seem to only care about the latest fad thats being pushed by the carriers. Other than webOS users, I have NEVER heard other OS users speak about the OS they use.

This is why HP MUST knock it out the box with webOS 2.5 or better (I hope), while leveraging all the things I mentioned above.

The players are iOS, Android (free), RIMM, WP 7 and webOS, inwhich 2yr old webOS is STILL in the same class or better than the others, so HP has a GOLDEN opportunity to take the world by storm if they are able to take webOS "beyond" the next level while building banging hardware, and creating the eco-system they envision.

I also predict the race to the top will get even tighter within 2yrs and webOS will be a top 3 player....thoughts
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I also predict the race to the top will get even tighter within 2yrs and webOS will be a top 3 player
    fantasy. You completely missed out one of the largest OSes and also you confuse/conflate OSes with companies, they are not one and the same.
    Last edited by CGK; 01/08/2011 at 04:44 PM.
    the only way webOS will ever become competitive is if HP wakes up and allows others to develop hardware to run it. Where do you think Droid would be right now if only Google was able to make the hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    The players are iOS, Android (free), RIMM, WP 7 and webOS, inwhich 2yr old webOS is STILL in the same class or better than the others...
    The only people that think webOS is in the same class or better than the others are the few remaining webOS users (and maybe Josh from engadget). It is a non-factor at the moment. That being said, it CAN be if they step up their game. Maybe on Feb. 9th we will find out how they plan on doing that.
    Pretty much goes without saying that EVENTUALLY.......SKYNET will rule SUPREME
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    The only people that think webOS is in the same class or better than the others are the few remaining webOS users (and maybe Josh from engadget). It is a non-factor at the moment. That being said, it CAN be if they step up their game. Maybe on Feb. 9th we will find out how they plan on doing that.
    And that Feb 9 announcement better blow away the tech world because its been rumored thats around the time the iphone will be coming to Verizon. The iphone on Verizon is going to be HUGE and that could conceivably drown out any announcement made by HP on the 9th. In hindsight it looks like HP blew the opportunity to get worldwide exposure at CES.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    the only way webOS will ever become competitive is if HP wakes up and allows others to develop hardware to run it. Where do you think Droid would be right now if only Google was able to make the hardware?
    Not really a fair comparison, because Google doesn't charge for Android. Unless HP produced the quantity and quality of hardware as HTC, they'd have almost zero smartphone revenue to justify developing and supporting webOS.